038;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter thirty-eight

s o l a r ’ s

[blue text = spoken in english]

 


 

A night before my wedding, preferably my last night as an unmarried woman. I’m lying on the bed in my own room, my own sister next to me and we just lay down in silence, taking in the emotions and the surrounding. My sister says it’s weird that I spend the last few days practically living with Eric in our new house and tonight, I come home, wanting to spend the last night of my unmarried life with her. But then, thirty minutes into the night, she’s the first one to start crying because she can’t believe I’m really gonna be married tomorrow. 

 

We both have just stopped crying several whiles ago and right now, we’re browsing through the internet looking for various stuffs. Sometimes we would end up on the topic of both of us being too American when it comes to dating when we both clearly thought we’re gonna be a traditional freak. Especially me, she never thought I’d actually lived with anyone before marriage but look at us now, I can’t sleep a night peacefully without Eric and tonight might be one of them but I have my sister so I guess I’ll be fine. 

 

    “Are you on a good term with your mother-in-law?” My sister asks suddenly. “That’s the second most important relationship in marriage life.” 

 

    “Fortunately, very.” I chuckle. “We’re very fond of each other and she’s really sweet.” 

 

    “I could tell.” She laughs. “I’ve never really meet her, I can’t wait to see her tomorrow.”

 

The next minute, we shift to another topic and the night goes on just like that. It feels strangely fulfilling today. I spend the whole day with my members, doing weird things together then I’m back in the protective and warm circle of my family for dinner and somehow, my dad gets emotional during dinner thinking about me getting married tomorrow so I sort of almost break down a little bit and now, I’m with my sister. Talking about her husband to mine. My husband-to-be. God, I miss him. 

 

    “Is Eric spending time with his family?” 

 

    “I doubt that.” I shrug. “He’s American, remember? Last bachelor party? All those things we saw in movies. He’s probably doing all of that right now.” 

 

The thought of it makes me giggle, Eric’s friends are mostly American. Even his friends back in Atlanta come for our wedding, I bet they’re throwing him a last bachelor party and feeding him too much alcohol for his own good. Well, as long as they’re not planning any dirty shows like the movies did. 

 

I had my own bridal shower a few days ago. Actually, I wasn’t really aware of it, my friends called me for a hang out and suddenly, they threw me a bridal shower along with my members who planned it behind my back. I had a glass of champagne and ended up telling Eric that I love him all night long. Or at least that’s what he said the next morning. 

 

A little bit past midnight, my sister is sound asleep next to me and I’m on the phone with Eric, trying my hardest not to wake her up because I don’t really want to get up from my bed to sit somewhere else and talk either. I think I want to fall asleep listening to his voice tonight. 

 

    “Hi.”

 

    “Hi.” I said in a hush tone, hopefully he caught that. “You sound drunk.” 

 

    “Do I now?” He laughs. “I had whiskey.”

 

    “Not tequila?” 

 

    “For someone who doesn’t drink, you sure know a lot about alcohol." He laughed. 

 

He’s drunk, I like drunk Eric. He gets really adorable and flirty and it’s a completely different side of him. Probably because of that, sometimes when he gets really drunk, he starts talking in another language and although I can’t understand a thing he says, I love hearing him speak in other languages. Especially Spanish, god, now I just want to sit and listen to him speaking in Spanish. 

 

But, that doesn’t mean he can gets drunk every single day though.

 

    “Don’t drink too much. You’re probably gonna be force to drink several more glasses tomorrow evening.” I say and he hums a soft reply. I think he’s about to doze off. “I miss you.” 

 

    “Me too, baby.” He mumbles. “Wish you’re here right now, I need a hug.” 

 

    Teasingly, I asked. “Why? Can’t you sleep without hugging me now?” 

 

Truth is, it’s the other way around. Eric’s hug has to be the warmest and coziest place of all, I always fall asleep in his arm. Always and that’s amusing. 

 

    “Strangely, your hug works like charm.” 

 

I giggle. Drunk Eric sure does gets really flirty.