006;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter six

e r i c ’ s
[blue text = spoken in english]

 


 

I paced back and forth in my living room, wondering if I should call her or not. Out of all things, why did she swallow a confetti? I settled down on my couch and placed my laptop on my lap, furiously refreshing my Twitter to see if there’s anything about her condition now. The only thing I knew is someone managed to sent her to the hospital, thanks goodness. I groaned and tossed my laptop to the side and grabbed my phone. 

 

She didn’t pick up for a while. I panicked a little, what if she’s avoiding me because of last week? Why did I even suddenly confess? Damn it, Eric. You screwed yourself up again this time. 

 

    “Hi.” 

 

I sigh, hearing her voice softly from the other line. Thanks goodness, she sounds fine. 

 

    “Hi.” I mumble back. “Are you okay?” 

 

    “Yeah.” She said and then, there’s a pause and neither of us say anything. “It will probably come out as poop.” 

 

I laugh. Yongsun will never stop be surprising. Almost immediately, the confession flush into my mind again and the rejection creeps down my spine. What she said that night is still fresh in my head and I don’t blame her for that. Everything she said that day was correct, we both have to admit that this will never work. The idea of us together? It’s impossible. 

 

    “Glad that you’re fine.” I said, staring at the frame with a picture of me kissing her eyelids during Chuseok Special on my cupboard. 

 

    “Hm..” She hums softly. “Did you hear about MBC Entertainment Award the day after tomorrow?” 

 

    “Yeah, are you attending?” I asked, trying not to bring my hopes up and desperately trying not to sound desperate. 

 

    “I have to attend KBS Gayo Daejun though.” She sighs. “But, manager unnie said she’ll try to work something out.”

 

    I nod, erasing the hopes built inside my head a while ago. “That’d be hard though, given it’s two different broadcasting systems. Don’t worry, if you can’t attend, I’ll work something out.” 

 

    “Like what? Are you going to steal Jota’s wife?” 

 

    “She’s almost as tall as me. I’ll probably have a life-size standee of you next to you like Naeun and Taemin sunbaenim.” 

 

She laughs and it warms me up immediately. I miss hearing her laugh that freely. Ever since our last filming, it’s rare to share a conversation and laugh over something. We both stay silent for a few second. I couldn’t think of what to say or what to bring up about. 

 

    “What are you wearing?” I asked. “If you’re attending.” 

 

    “Secret.” There’s a slight teasing in her tone and I feel the corner of my lip involuntarily tug into a small smile. 

 

    “Come on, Yongsun. I need to know so we can match the dress code like the other couples.” 

 

    “We both know you know me quite well.” She said. “And I like surprising you, Yoonddong. And, couple outfits are not our styles. Last time we won without a couple outfit too.” 

 

God, Kim Yongsun, stop carrying fire in one hand and water in another.