036;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter thirty-six

s o l a r ’ s

 


 

The news spreads like wild fire in Korea or at least, that’s what I heard from Hyejin 2 minutes ago. Someone shared the video of our proposal and it’s trending until now. Some were commenting in delight and some were not having it either but she assured me that 80% of them gave us their blessing. I could trust on her for that, Hyejin would never lied when it came to this. But, most comments were from guys who complained that they’ll never be able to propose to their girlfriends because of Eric and that his proposal game was too strong, their girlfriends would probably slap them with the ring they proposed with. Some said I’m the luckiest girl alive. I have to agree with that. 

 

We’re sitting in Eric’s aunt’s wedding boutique and I know it’s really early to go hunting for one already but the girls insist I start on them from now or I might regret it later. Eric is at home though, or maybe he’s out somewhere with his brothers too. His mom is with us, she has a great fashion taste and I’ve always wanted to go shopping for wedding dresses with my mom but given that I’m not really in Korea right now and Eric’s mom is also like my own, this much is pretty good too. I’ll definitely go for some other shopping with my mom when I’m back though.

 

    “Since this isn’t an outdoor wedding like the one you both did on your wgm, I don’t think a wedding dress resembling your style the last time would be good.” Wheein said as she flipped through the magazines. 

 

God, we’ve been here for like 2 hours now. 

 

    “You look really good with off-shoulders, you know?” Hyejin said. “I’ve always been jealous of your shoulders. Maybe, you should consider that.” 

 

    “I agree with Hyejin.” Eric’s mom grins. “You look stunning with off-shoulders, darling.” 

 

    “What does Richyung like?” Byul asks then drops the magazine she just finished onto the table and reaches for another one. “Maybe, we should consider his preference too.” 

 

    “Tight. He likes tight dresses.” 

 

His mom giggles at that and my members gives me ooh like they can’t really believe he has that sides too. I mean, oh well. My mind shifts to yesterday’s afternoon when we’re supposed to be resting or recovering from our hangover but instead, he initiated that. I mean, he does have his days sometimes. But that isn’t really the point, the point is his mom sorts of find out what we’re doing and even though she’s acting oblivious right now, we both are completely sure she did but Eric is the only one so calm about this. I still blush every times I see her. Blame Eric for forgetting to lock the door yesterday.

 

We spent the next 2 hours flipping through magazines and drawing out what I like and we finally decide on a dress. I video-called my mom and asked her about it and she was thrilled, she loved the dress and my members said it was completely my style so we had the design submitted and apparently, Eric’s aunt said she’s going to need a month and a half to make and perfect it. 

 

Fortunately enough, we finished around lunch hour so we decided to just grab lunch together and that the boys can just do whatever they want at home. Eric called a few minutes ago to ask how is it going and I told him I’ve already chose my dress. I was expecting him to tell us to come home faster but instead he complained that his brothers are about to drag him out of the house to hang out with them when he’s still recovering from his hangover and that he missed me. My mom and my mother-in-law are still talking on the phone, apparently. They somehow bond over the topic of sweet potatoes for diet so now they’re switching from the topic of our wedding to sweet potatoes. 

 

    “I still can’t believe that he proposed to you.” Hyejin sighs happily. “I’m really happy for you.” 

 

    “You’re still the first one to get married, both fake and real.” Byul said and there’s this nostalgic feeling in her tone then she sighs. “God, I’m so happy for you, I don’t care if our career might go down the drain because of this or not, I’m just so happy for you.” 

 

Suddenly, there’s rush of tear in my eyes and I try to blink them away before I end up crying in public. Byul has this thing to say something that she really means it from the bottom of her heart and it’d always makes me cry because I know she really means it. She’s like my other sister although most moomoos see us as something else. They still do now, a small parts of them still believe we secretly have something going on between us even though I’m dating and somehow engaged to Eric now. They just do but we don’t bust their bubble either. They have the rights to. What matters is what we both are to each other for real. For that, Byul and I know better than anyone else. 

 

    “We’ll visit your house everyday after you get married so don’t even try to shoo us away.” Wheein said and my members all seem fluster by that.

 

They give her a glare and Wheein mouths a what at them but end up getting another glare. What are they doing? I mean, of course we’re going to live together after we're married and I really don’t mind if they visit everyday. I’m sure Eric doesn’t mind about this too. 

 

    “What are you going to do about the Ddongie’s house?” Wheein asks after a while. “I mean, you can’t live in two houses at once, you know? But Ddongie’s house has so much memories to even put it back on sale.”

 

    “WHEEIN, SHUT UP.” 

 

    “What’s wrong with asking about the Ddongie’s house?” I frowned confusedly. “I mean, I know most people sort of already find out where it is located but I really like the house though. I guess we’ll just live there after we married, it isn’t too bad. We both like it anyway.” 

 

    Hyejin makes a face at me. “Yeah, because you have someone to cuddle with inside there.”