024;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter twenty-four

s o l a r ’ s

 


 

Eric got back a few days ago but we couldn’t meet much because I was busy preparing for my last concert of this year and he said he was gonna crashed into his home and hibernated for a few days. I could totally related to that though. After all of those flights and non-stop traveling, all you wanted to do is to crash into your home and stayed in for a few days. But somehow, we agreed to go out today and as much as I was excited for it since the morning, I’m a nervous wreck right now. And to be very honest, it could be because it had been two months since I last saw him.

 

Even though it has been 7 months and even though most people finally accepted us together, some still don’t. And it didn’t do much help that we decided to come uncovered except for a cap each, sitting in our favorite spicy rice cake restaurant and people snapping away. I guess we somehow gave up on disguising ourselves, not with my pink hair. 

 

    “Oh year, I almost forgot.” He said and pulled something from his bag. “Eddie and Brian bought something for you.” 

 

    I looked at him confusedly. “They didn’t have to."

 

    He hands me three wrapped packages, one of them comes with a card. "But, why are there three?” 

 

    “You think I wouldn’t buy anything for you too?” 

 

I blushed and muttered a quiet thank you. I asked if he wanted me to open it now and he told me to go ahead. Eddie bought me a scented candle and a card which I saved for later, Eric told me not to mind his grammar much and that he tried his best with help from google translate. Brian got me a mug that said BEST SISTER IN LAW EVER and Eric rolled his eyes at that. I told you, Brian is the cutest. Eric bought me a perfume and he said the scent reminded him of me. What did I even do to deserve someone like him?

 

Truthfully speaking, I really adore his family, not because they sent me gifts through him every times he went home but they’re really nice to me even though we haven’t really meet yet. Especially his mom, we have talked through video call several times and I still remembered the first time we talked, I was blushing like mad but she was very nice. 

 

    “Remember when we first come here during our wgm and filmed for our mukbang?” Eric asked and I smiled at that. 

 

    “How could I forgot you wearing a female’s dress walking around Itaewon?” 

 

    He groans. “You had no idea how much Amber and Ailee roasted me about that.” 

 

The rest of the meal went with us talking about every random things from my dog to his unpacked luggages, from my concert to Eddie slipping on a packet of biscuit Brian threw on the floor the last time they went on a trip, from his dad hiding instant noodle cups inside their closets because his mom prohibited him from eating it to my sister’s wedding in a month. I made a mental note to unpack his luggage tonight, he can't just leave them in there for the next 2 months.  

 

    “Are you going to be a bridesmaid?” 

 

    “For the wedding in Korea, yes.” I nod. “I’m still hoping my promotion would end by then so I won’t be the bridesmaid with pink hair in a formal event.” 

 

    “Come on, you look pretty with this color.” 

 

    “But, it wouldn’t be that appropriate for a wedding.” I shrug. “Will you come?” 

 

    “I think I should greet your parents properly first before we meet them at your sister’s wedding.” 

 

    “You’re right.” I giggle. “Or else, my mom might start crying before the wedding even starts.”

 

He eats a piece of the fried soondae in his plate and I watch him eat, unknowingly smiling to myself. I’d do anything to have a day like this every day. What would have happened to me right now if my members didn’t push me into accepting him that evening during MBC Awards, I’d probably be tucked somewhere on my bed and still sob over I Wish You Love

 

    “I love you.” I mumble softly.

 

    He looks at me in surprise and laughs. “All of sudden?” 

 

    I shrug and put a piece of rice cake into my mouth. “Just feel like it.” 

 

If my members know about this, that would be another 3 months of roasting me alive.