029;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter twenty-nine

e r i c ’ s

[blue text = spoken in english]

 


 

    “Get up, your mom wants to go for lunch together.” 

 

I feel a hand running through my hair and pull my cheeks apart then fingers drumming on my cheeks continuously as if it has a rhythm of its own. I flutter my eyes open, groaning in the process but Yongsun is smiling as she sits next to me on the bed. I wrap my arms around her waist and pulls her down, burying my face in her stomach and blow raspberries on her stomach. She squeals and laughs, hitting me in the process saying it’s ticklish but then she doesn’t ask me to stop either. 

 

    “Do I get an extra 5 minutes?” I asked when she sat up again and grinned at me. 

 

    “Too bad, you just used it all on tickling me.” She giggled and shook her head, then reached her hand out to pat my bottom. “There, go and shower. Don’t keep everyone else waiting. I think Brian is famished.” 

 

    I rolled my eyes at her. “This is your 50th time talking about Brian today.” 

 

    She laughs and hands me my towel. “Come on, he’s the youngest and you already know I love talking about you with everyone else I’m close with.” 

 

    “With Chorong too?” I grin and earn myself a flying pillow. 

 

    “Stop teasing me with Chorong.” She whines. “We’re trying.” 

 

A month ago, Changsub introduced Yongsun to Chorong because he thought they would make a great best friend since they were both born in 1991 anyway and they were so similar in many ways. He told me about it later that evening and we sort of expected Yongsun making new friends, both her members and I expected that they would at least become a little bit more closer. But now, they couldn’t even call each other’s name without giggling from embarrassment.   

 

Thirty minutes later, we find ourselves in a car heading to one of my mom’s favorite restaurant in Atlanta. They serve great seafood and they offer varieties of menu with their seafood and their charm is they are the one to decide the menu, actually, their menus seem to change every day. I don’t remember them making the same menu for us. The only thing we could choose would be the seafoods because most people are allergic to a specific kind and they wouldn’t want to take the risk. Yongsun is pretty excited, one, she loves seafood and two, when were we never excited about food anyway? Maybe just that one time when she made me my birthday breakfast during our last wgm filming. 

 

    “You know, the only time I wasn’t excited about food was during our last wgm filming when I made you your birthday breakfast. I thought no matter how sad I was, I’d cheer up with the food in front of me but I couldn't.” She leans in and whispers into me. 

 

Did I tell you we could read each other’s mind lately? 

 

    “Me too.” 

 

We finally pulled a stop in front of the restaurant and we were led into a private dining room and in no more later than 5 minutes, a chef whom my mom knew greeted us. 

 

    “Yongsun, do you like any kind of seafood?” My mom asked, the corner of her lip couldn’t stop smiling and anyone could tells she’s giddy from joy. Geez, mom

 

Brian asked for his usual favorite prawns and Eddie wanted oysters which I knew Yongsun actually disliked from our last Dubai trip, and my mom chose lobsters and crayfish for everyone. My dad wanted crab but mom insisted that they’re too bothersome even though we were well aware that the shells would be remove for us in advance if we asked. But come on, when mom said no, it’s a no. Not even dad wanted to argue over that. 

 

    “By the way, bro.” Brian said after taking a bite of his steamed prawns with garlic. Suddenly in his broken Korean, he said, “Your ex called and wanted to hang out tonight at the club.” 

 

Dad hisses at him, mom shoots him a glare and Eddie smacks him on his shoulder. , dude. . Brian frowns at Eddie like he doesn’t understand why the smack was necessary then he stares at me and his jaw drops when he finally realizes he accidentally said s in front of Yongsun. If I get kill tonight, I’m haunting down Brian. 

 

He mouths a sorry and I roll my eyes at him. Yongsun doesn’t say anything, not even her facial expression. That’s probably the hardest of her to me, I could never read her face and it kills me especially when things like this happen. She doesn’t meet my eyes either, not even a single acknowledgement of whatever Brian has said earlier. I sigh and shake my head at Brian who repetitively mouths sorry at me. 

 

    “Let’s have a bro swim together at home tonight.” Eddie said out of the blue. “Sis in law, you can join us if you want to. But, we have to warn you that none of us would keep our shirts on though.” 

 

    “No, I’m fine. You guys can have fun.” Yongsun smiles. “I think I’m just going to sleep early tonight.” 

 

. I’m screwed.