Chapter 5

Facing the World & Other Strange Tales of Agoraphobia

The bus began to fill up more and more with each stop. It seemed the whole world knew Kim Seokjin. It was no surprise that girls flocked over as quickly as possible to stand as close to him as possible. The amount of attention was a bit much, and Yeon couldn't help but to raise the volume on her phone as she listened to music and looked out the window.

Even though Yeon's eyes were staring out, the rest of her body was focused on the fact that Kim Seokjin wasn't sitting in the chair like normal people, and instead faced the aisle, his back completely resting on the left side of Yeon's body. No matter how much she squeeze closer to the window, Kim Seokjin seemed to be leaning on her almost purposely. Yeon wondered if he could hear her heart pounding.

So as soon as the bus stopped in front of the school, Yeon jumped out of her seat causing Kim Seokjin to suddenly slide onto his elbow. There was a lot of commotion because ninety percent of the bus was getting off, but somehow Yeon was able to maneuver her way out. Just as she got off and started to run she heard a booming voice.

"Yeonnie! My jacket?!"

Yeon closed her eyes and shook her head in horror before turning around. Everyone was staring at her and there Kim Seokjin was smiling like he didn't have a care in the world. Slowly walking back, Yeon kept her head down because she didn't have to see anything to feel all the girls glaring at her. With her head still down, Yeon held up the jacket. She quickly bowed and ran off as fast as she could.

"Yeonnie—!"

It seemed like everyone she was passing was talking about her, so by the time Yeon reached her homeroom she felt like she was going to throw up. She wasn't use to people noticing her or even looking at her, but here she was on her first day of high school and everyone on the bus had "noticed" her.

"Yeon ah, did you not get any sleep?"

Haekyung plopped down next to her and smiled as she brushed away Yeon's bangs. Sighing, Yeon shook her head and kept silent.

"Hey so guess what? There's this sunbae named Kim Seokjin, and he's like one of the hottest guys in the district."

Yeon definitely was going to throw up.

"And this morning there was already some first year that tried to hit on him! But because he's so nice he just let it be! I cannot wait to find out who it is! I don't care what anyone says, that takes some serious guts and I would like to—"

The horror in Yeon's eyes must have gave it away, because Haekyung's smile immediately disappeared. There was no need for any words. She pointed at Yeon and Yeon just nodded miserably. The shock on Haekyung's face instantly vanished before her eyes lit up like stars.

"Oh. My. God. Kim Yeon! Look what good high school has done for you already! I'm SO proud of—"

"No, no, it's not like that. It's a misunderstanding. I just stopped the bus for him and he sat next to me. That's it. It's totally over exaggerated—"

All the noise Hoseok made while sliding into the classroom completely broke everyone out of all their personal conversations. He was out of breath but absolutely excited about something.

"Dude, you guys know Kim Seokjin hyung, right? We used to live in the same apartments, so we're friends, but today a first year asked him out on a date on the bus!"

It didn't matter that Haekyung was wildly motioning for Hoseok to stop. He was already in his own world and there was no way anyone was going to stop him. Yeon on the other hand buried her face in her arms as she put her head down on the table. Low groaning sounds were coming from her, but Hoseok was still talking.

"And then when they came off the bus, he said he wasn't interested and asked for his jacket back because she had stolen it! And then she had to do the walk of shame to return his jacket! But Seokjin hyung, you know he's so awesome, and he was super cool about it! So all the girls were swooning over him. But yeah, so I was wondering if you guys knew who this girl was, because damn do I feel bad for her!"

Haekyung gritted her teeth as she glared at Hoseok.

"Are you done?"

Hoseok casually grabbed a seat nearby and pulled it in next to the two small tables. As he sat down he smiled carelessly and nodded. Haekyung didn't say a word but urgently pointed at Yeon, who was still groaning.

"Yeah, that's Yeon. So what? What I really want to know is what this girl looks like! Girls got some balls, don't you think?!"

"You idiot! It's Yeon!"

Still confused, Hoseok shrugged his shoulders asking for a real answer.

"The girl on the bus. It's Yeon!"

"Oh ! Yeon ah, did you ask Seokjin hyung out?! I mean dude, I know him, I could have just made a casual intro! I never knew you had it in you, Kim Yeon! Good for you!"

Haekyung quickly slapped away Hoseok's hand, which was patting Yeon on the head. Yeon peeked up, with puppy dog eyes. This was not how the first day of school was supposed to start.

"Hoseok ah, is that really what everyone is saying?"

Most people would tell a white lie, but Hoseok wasn't most people. He smiled innocently and nodded his head.

"Yup! That's what I heard!"

"Jung Hoseok you little—"

Before Haekyung could release her wrath on Hoseok, there was a commotion in the hallway. Historically speaking, first year hallways were only filled with commotion when there was a.) a hot new student b.) a hot new student teacher c.) Kim Seokjin. But the three friends didn't know that. Not until the entire class became silent as Kim Seokjin walked in.

"Seokjin hyung!"

Hoseok jumped up from his seat as he hopped over.

"Oh? Hoseok ah, are you in this class?"

"Yeah! And hyung, that's my friend!"

Yeon could feel Haekyung nudging her but there was no way in hell she was going to raise her face. Kim Seokjin probably thought she had spread the rumors and was there to scold her.

"You're friends with Yeonnie?"

No one had to see it to hear the smile on Kim Seokjin's face.

"Yeonnie?"

Haekyung smirked.

"Yeonnie, aren't you going to lift your face for your dear sunbae?"

With a deep breath, Yeon lifted her head ever so slightly so that just her eyes looked up. Most of her face was still buried in her arms just in case she did throw up and maybe she could hide it.

"I tried calling you back, but you ran away without stopping."

Suddenly, Yeon's earphones dropped from Kim Seokjin's hand as they dangled right in front of her eyes. Yeon finally lifted her body up completely and gently pulled the earphones out of his hands.

"Hyung! Why do you have Yeon's earphones? And why are you calling her Yeonnie?! Hyung, did you know that—"

"Jung Hoseok! Shut up!"

Haekyung kicked Hoseok under the desk as he loudly yelped in pain. All the commotion still didn't deter Kim Seokjin from breaking his stare from Yeon. His eyes were still twinkling like a dream, and his playful smile strangely put Yeon at ease.

"Thank...you."

"Thank you, who?

"Sunbae."

"Which sunbae?"

"Seokjin sunbae."

"That's right. Have a good first day, ok?"

Kim Seokjin gently tussled Yeon's hair before turning around to leave. Hoseok quickly ran after him. Haekyung on the other hand grabbed Yeon's arm as she shook it violently.

"Oh my God! What was that?!"

All Yeon could do was blankly stare at Haekyung. The whole class was talking so loudly, and Haekyung was shaking her so much that Yeon had no clue how to answer that. In all honestly, Yeon didn't really know what that was either. The only thing she did know was that Kim Seokjin was the most beautiful man she had ever seen in her life.