Chapter 28

Facing the World & Other Strange Tales of Agoraphobia

Yeon had suspicions that Kim Taehyung was purposely taking his time in fixing the wall. It had been almost a month, and instead of even mentioning the progress of the wall, they began to decorate around the hole. At one point, Park Jimin had even come over to Yeon’s side as he framed the door with hanging lights. Yeon had asked why it was on her side, and he mumbled something about it not fitting with Kim Taehyung’s design choices.

 

Sipping a warm green tea, Yeon stared at the lit up hole. One day Kim Taehyung even took down the taped blanket and instead replaced it with a flowing white curtain hanging off of a curtain rod he had installed. Yeon wondered when she allowed all of this.

 

The ding of a text woke Yeon from her thoughts.

 

Kko Kko Chicken Jungkook: Dinner tonight?

 

A small smile overcame Yeon’s face. She hadn’t seen Junkook in what seemed like forever. Jungkook seemed to be busier than ever. He had said he would tell her what was going on in time, but it was something Yeon didn’t look forward to. Typically when people were chicken delivery guys and suddenly became busy, it was usually because they were getting jobs that wasn’t a delivery guy job.

 

Yeon replied with an okay sign emoticon and immediately started heading over to her kitchen. She opened up the door of her fridge as she looked over what there was to cook. The automated ringing of the fridge forced Yeon to close it. She leaned into her island counter and wondered what could be whipped up. Another ding on her phone interrupted her thoughts once again.

 

Kko Kko Chicken Jungkook: Should I bring chicken, so you don’t have to cook?

 

It seemed texting wasn’t enough for Jungkook. Before Yeon could even respond he began to call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“So should I just bring chicken over? Or I could grab something else on my way over.”

 

Yeon laughed. Sometimes Jungkook could over think things.

 

“I mean you know me. I always love chicken, but I’m sure you’re sick and tired of it. Surprise me. Whatever it is, I’m okay with it.”

 

“Anything you’re craving?”

 

“Nope. I just miss you! It’s been so long.”

 

Although Yeon’s reply was playful and honest, Jungkook’s answer was a little different. Soft and honest, but with a tinge of yearning.

 

“Me too.”

 

The silence that followed was too long.

 

The awkwardness was something that neither seemed to be able to break. Yeon couldn’t handle it much longer and finally said something.

 

“Oh God, I left the water running to wash my hair! I have to go! See you soon, Jungkook!”

 

Immediately after hanging up Yeon screamed at the top of her lungs as she grabbed at her hair.


“Wash my hair?! WASH MY HAIR?! WASH! MY! HAIR!”

 

Yeon plopped down on the floor as she flailed around completely hating herself. This was one of those embarrassing moments that would keep her awake at night for years to come.

 

“What is it?! What is it?!”

 

Disheveled hair, and wearing nothing but flannel pajama bottoms Park Jimin came running into the kitchen. He took one look at Yeon sprawled on the floor and rubbed his eyes in bewilderment.

 

“Noona! You scared me!”

 

Park Jimin grabbed Yeon by the hand and helped her up.

 

“What are you doing in my—”

 

Yeon’s house might as well have been Park Jimins. He opened up the fridge and pulled out the orange juice. Without asking he then pulled out a glass from the cupboard and poured himself a drink. Yeon wondered when he had figured out her whole kitchen.

 

“Why were you screaming so early in the morning noona?”

 

Jimin looked at Yeon, his eyes still drowsy from just waking up.

 

“It’s almost 2pm… it’s not really morning anymore.”

 

“Oh. That’s right. I got home at 6 in the morning, so I guess that was morning.”

 

Park Jimin smiled sheepishly and finished the rest of his juice. He placed the glass in the sink and the orange juice back in the fridge. Yeon thought about asking Park Jimin to refrain from running into her house, but she knew it was helpless. It wasn’t like he came any further than the kitchen anyway. Yeon sighed and looked at Park Jimin helplessly.

 

“So why were you screaming?”

 

“It was nothing.”

 

“Something about your brushing your hair?”
 

Park Jimin followed Yeon to the living room like a small puppy. He plopped himself down across from Yeon and smiled like the whole scene was an everyday occurance. Yeon took one look back at Park Jimin and quickly averted her gaze.

 

“Can you like, put on some clothes?”

 

The question seemed absurd to Park Jimin. He looked himself up and down and then back at Yeon.

 

“But noona, I do have clothes on.”

 

“Then can you put on a shirt?”

 

This seemed even weirder to Park Jimin.

 

“Why? We’re at home. It’s not like I’m outside.”

 

Park Jimin smiled innocently.

 

“But this is my house.”

 

Yeon sighed loudly and the TV.

 

“This is OUR house. Look there’s even a door that connects the houses.”


“That’s not a door. That’s a curtain.”

 

Park Jimin seem to pay no attention to Yeon.

 

“Taehyunggie’s house is my house, noona’s house is my house, so this is all our house!”

 

It was pointless. Yeon couldn’t tell if she was dealing with another Hoseok or another Kim Taehyung. Either way she wasn’t going to go get anywhere with this person.

 

“So why were you screaming about your hair? Do you have a date or something?”

 

Yeon’s reaction to the word date was obvious and Park Jimin wasn’t a complete idiot. His eyes sparkled as she scooted closer towards Yeon’s side.

 

“So it is a date!”

 

“No! It’s not! A friend is coming over.”

 

“Does Haekyung know him too?”

 

“Yes. So does Hoseokkie.”

 

Park Jimin jumped up off the couch.

 

“Great. I’ll call Haekyung. We can do a double date.”

 

Yeon also jumped up.

 

“NO!”

 

“I’ll see you later noona! We’ll be here by 7:30 okay?!”

 

Before Yeon could protest, Park Jimin was already zipping through the curtained wall. Yeon flopped onto the couch and closed her eyes.

 

She wondered why people were always interrupting when it came to Jungkook.

 

It was probably fate