Chapter 25

Facing the World & Other Strange Tales of Agoraphobia

Lunch was awkward. But only for Haekyung and Yeon.

 

The guys seemed to get along fine. Even Namjoon and Park Jimin seemed to happily talk about their careers and how Namjoon could give advice about any legal issues. The two even exchanged numbers, which almost made Haekyung spit out the noodles in . Hoseok seemed to be proud about the new “friendship,” as if it was his doing.

 

When everyone was done with their food it was Park Jimin and Namjoon that started to clean up the dishes and place them in the plastic bag that came with the delivery. Hoseok smiled and nodded and only ordered them around.

 

“Hey you idiot! Help them!”

 

Haekyung scolded Hoseok as she and Yeon wiped down the large coffee table with wet wipes.

 

“Why?! These two are doing just fine by themselves.”

 

A wet wipe went flying as it landed smack dab in the middle of Hoseok’s face. Haekyung started to get up, but Hoseok quickly motioned for her to stay in her place. He immediately started to help the other guys gather the remaining dishes. Which wasn’t much.

 

“So moody. Are you starting your period?”

 

The comment came so naturally. No one flinched, but everyone definitely heard. Haekyung abruptly stood up and looked like she was going to kill Hoseok. This interaction was so natural for Yeon and Namjoon, but Park Jimin definitely looked nervous about it all. He quickly got up, handed one of the plastic bags to Hoseok, and headed straight for Haekyung. Without a word he grabbed Haekyung’s hand and pulled her away.

 

“Let me go!”

 

Haekyung tried to pull her hand away, but Park Jimin was much stronger than Haekyung. Which was a bit of a surprise to everyone. Especially Namjoon.

 

Without a word Park Jimin continued to pull until suddenly the two were in Kim Taehyung’s house. Haekyung continued to huff and puff. Park Jimin only smiled and gently pushed her to sit down on the couch. Without a word he headed somewhere and came back with a cold glass of water.

 

“Drink it.”

 

It wasn’t a suggestion but a command.

 

“I’m not drinking it because you told me. I’m thirsty.”

 

“Alright, alright, princess. You’re thirsty. Ok.”

 

Park Jimin cutely spoke to Haekyung like a child. He took a seat but this time a bit distanced.

 

“Do you always fight with Hoseok hyung like that?”

 

Haekyung was still finishing off the tall glass of water. She must have been angrier than she thought she was. Bickering with Hoseok was such an everyday occurrence. But this time there was Namjoon. And Park Jimin. It shouldn’t have mattered. But it did. She didn’t know why, but it did.

 

“Yes. I’m calmer now. I’m going to go.”

 

Before Haekyung could get up fully, Park Jimin leaned over calmly and grabbed her wrist to pull her back down onto the couch. He then returned to his seat, still quite a distance from Haekyung.

 

“Your mouth says so, but you’re still frowning.”

 

Park Jimin slightly pointed at Haekyung’s face. He smiled cutely, leaned back onto the couch while staring directly into Haekyung’s eyes.

 

Sighing, Haekyung grabbed the empty glass from the coffee table and held it out for Park Jimin. She wanted another glass of water. Without having to ask, Park Jimin took the glass and got up to fill it up.

 

Haekyung wondered to herself what she was doing. Why she hadn’t just gone back while he went to get the water.

 

“Here you go princess.”

 

“Stop calling me that.”

 

“Why?”

 

Once again Haekyung began to down the water. Park Jimin took his seat and looked at Haekyung in amusement.

 

“Because I don’t like it.”

 

A playful smile appeared on Park Jimin’s face as he rested his face in his hands, his arms resting on his knees.

 

“What else would I call you? Someone that only does and says what she wants. Demands water, and looks as astonishing as you. I don’t know what else I could possibly call you.”

 

Haekyung sighed in annoyance.

 

“Noona. Hae. Kyung. Noo. Na.”

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because. I don’t want you to associate me as being younger. I want to be your equal.”

 

“It’s all so superficial don’t you think?”

 

Haekyung rolled her eyes.

 

“What is?”

 

“This.”

 

“What about this?”

 

“You just like me because of my looks.”

 

This time Park Jimin reacted. He laughed like he didn’t have a care in the world.

 

“And what’s wrong with that? It’s a natural reaction isn’t it? I saw you and thought you were beautiful. And so I want to get to know you. And if I realize you’re a ty person, then you’ll be granted your wish and I’ll never talk to you again. So give it a chance. I’m not half bad looking either, don’t you think?”

 

Haekyung looked at Park Jimin thinking about what he said. She wondered how it was like with Namjoon.

 

It was a blind date set up by Hoseok. They decided to meet at a café. Although both knew how one another looked, the look of love at first sight was obvious on Namjoon’s face. He smiled so brightly, and later on would tell Haekyung how he didn’t realize it was possible that Haekyung could look even prettier in person. For Haekyung it was just that. The way he looked at her. Nevermind that she loved how tall he was and how his glasses made him look even smarter. It was true Namjoon wasn’t the picture perfect definition of handsome, but he was attractive in his own way. His long legs made him look taller than he was, and his golden brown skin glowed under the sunlight. He was charming, sweet, and beyond smart. Haekyung loved how smart he was. But the way he looked at Haekyung made her world stop. Lots of guys had looked at Haekyung like they were in love, but with Namjoon it was different. The way he looked at her, she felt loved as well.

 

On the flip side there was Park Jimin. He was flirty from the beginning. It might have been his eyes, but like Namjoon there was something about the way he looked at Haekyung. Unlike Namjoon, Park Jimin's piercing stare bothered her. It was honest, but she didn’t particularly like it. But that didn’t mean she forgot either. Park Jimin was one of those people that knew himself very well. He knew what worked for him and what didn’t. Maybe it was a dancer thing. A kind of confidence that came off brash, but people like Hoseok and Park Jimin could get away with it. It’s was probably the way they smiled. y, confident, and playful. There was a twinkle in Park Jimin’s eyes that always made it seem like he was winking at you if you didn’t look carefully. It made you turn back around to make sure he wasn’t. He was indescribably flirty to the point that Haekyung was taken back. But his baby face and golden locks made it hard to completely ignore him. That was the truth.

 

“I don’t know, but I want to go back.”

 

This time Park Jimin couldn’t say she was still angry. Because she wasn’t. She was confused. Haekyung stared at Park Jimin expressionless. Instead of objecting, Park Jimin smiled and nodded. He got up and held out his hand for Haekyung. Surprised at herself, Haekyung took it, but only until she got up. She immediately let go and walked away. Back to Namjoon.