Chapter 17

Facing the World & Other Strange Tales of Agoraphobia

Once the door opened, Kim Taehyung with a big smile and Yeon nervously next to him, Jungkook's expression changed immediately. He was definitely surprised. It was a bit awkward, but nothing Kim Taehyung couldn't quickly fix.

"Hey, I know you!"

Jungkook bowed.

"We met last time. What's your name again?"

"Jeon, Jungkook. It's nice to see you again."

Taehyung nodded and turned to head back towards the table while Yeon shrugged and Jungkook just smiled knowingly. As they walked towards the kitchen, Jungkook's eyes darted towards the blanket taped to the wall.

"What's this?"

Before Yeon could explain Kim Taehyung yelled back an answer from afar.

"A hole! We covered it up with that blanket!"

Jungkook quickly walked over to the wall and lifted the blanket. The surprise on his face was indistinguishable. He turned to Yeon immediately and pointed at the blanket.

"What's going on?"

"Um...his contractors accidentally demolished the wrong wall."

"When?!"

"Four days ago?"

The annoyance on Jungkook's face was obvious. He headed towards Kim Taehyung, who was seated at the kitchen nook while looking through his phone. Jungkook sat across from him.

"When is that wall going to be fixed?"

Kim Taehyung looked up and shrugged.

"Maybe in a week or two. Whenever my lawyers and the contractors come to a settlement."

"A week or two?! And is that alright with you, Yeon?"

Honestly, Yeon really wasn't ok with it. She was far from okay, and Jungkook knew this. But Yeon also wasn't the type to make a fuss over anything. A pushover. That's what Yeon was.

"Mr. Kim, don't you think a female living by herself would feel uncomfortable with a hole that her next door neighbor has access to?"

Kim Taehyung smiled childishly.

"But look, there's a temporary wall."

"It's a freaking blanket!"

Yeon had never seen Jungkook so perturbed. She quickly got up and headed towards the kitchen to grab the lasagna. Confrontation was something that Yeon didn't do well with.

"Let's hurry and eat. I'm starving!"

"Me too!"

Kim Taehyung nodded in agreement not really taking Jungkook's worry very seriously.

"This is serious. Yeon, why don't you have Hoseok hyung come stay over until the wall is fixed?"

It wasn't in Yeon's nature to burden people. She hated it.

"It's fine Jungkook."

"That's right Mr. Jungkook. I'm Kim Taehyung. It's not like I would risk my reputation by stealing anything from Ms. Yeonnie's house."

Jungkook look surprised at how Kim Taehyung addressed Yeon.

"Mr. Kim, having her things stolen is the last of my worries."

There was horror and shock on Kim Taehyung's face. He covered his face and shook his head furiously and then looked over at Jungkook in anger.

"I'm Kim Taehyung! I'm a total gentleman! Ask the nation!"

Completely out of character, Jungkook scoffed. It had been years since Yeon first met Jungkook, but for the first time he felt so foreign to her. It wasn't ever like Jungkook to get upset. Then again there was never any reason for such emotions between the two. Jungkook was the sweet, ever caring, and gentle chicken delivery guy that also doubled as a friend.

"Sure..."

Yeon loudly set the lasagna down in the middle of the table. She took her seat next to Jungkook and handed him the knife to cut it. Maybe if he was distracted it would ease the tension that Kim Taehyung obviously had a hard time noticing.

"Jungkook, can we please eat."

The begging in Yeon's voice eased him instantly. Jungkook finally took the hint and quietly began to cut the lasagna and place a piece on each dish.

"I love lasagna! Thanks Ms. Yeonnie."

As if nothing happened, Kim Taehyung immediately dug into the lasagna as he ate with a large smile across his face.

"At least someone is enjoying this mess."

Jungkook muttered under his breath while Yeon gentle nudged him.

"Hey Yeon, if Hoseok hyung can't do it, I'll come stay in your extra bedroom."

The fork in Yeon's hand dropped. Kim Taehyung looked up with a teasing smile.

"So are you guys like a thing?"

"Oh no no no! Not at—"

Jungkook quickly cut in.

"Something like that."

He smiled and reached over as he grabbed Yeon's hand and held it so that Kim Taehyung could see. Although Yeon kept trying to pull her hand away, Jungkook was firm with his grip. It didn't hurt but he wasn't going to let go, either.

"You know... We've seen each other before, haven't we?"

Kim Taehyung's eyes zoomed in on Jungkook, who suddenly let go of Yeon's hand and picked up his fork to eat. His eyes reverted to the lasagna and suddenly it seemed like Jungkook was the one avoiding Kim Taehyung.

"I highly doubt it."

"No, I'm really good with faces, and I've seen you before."

"Last time at my place you ran into—"

Kim Taehyung interrupted Yeon.

"No before that. I've seen him somewhere."

"Jungkook delivers chicken, so maybe—"

Kim Taehyung's eyes instantly lit up.

"Kko Kko Chicken, right?!"

There was no response from Jungkook's side. He just stared blankly at Kim Taehyung. Yeon wondered if Kim Taehyung had maybe ordered chicken from Jungkook's store as well.

"So we have seen each other before. Don't you remember, Mr. Jeon?"