Chapter 3

Facing the World & Other Strange Tales of Agoraphobia

"Am I interrupting?"

Yeon wildly nodded her head, while Jungkook looked amused and disagreed. Unable to figure out what the next plan of action was, Yeon turned around and began to walk away. Maybe if she ignored him, Kim Taehyung would leave and never come back.

"Um, Yeon, where are you going?"

Good guy Jungkook was at it again.

Nearly to her kitchen, Yeon took a few more steps and turned to the kitchen only to peek her head out to see both guys standing in her doorway completely perplexed at the uncomfortable situation. In no way did Yeon think it was her actions that was causing the confusion, so she looked just as bewildered as the other two.

"I'm going to go, so bye Jungkook! Can you close the door on your way out?"

Instead of leaving, Jungkook stared at Yeon with his thumb pointing at Kim Taehyung who was all smiles and waving idiotically.

"I am SO lost, but I introduced myself to him and said hello and bye, but he keeps coming back!"

"Um, I'm actually right here..."

Kim Taehyung wasn't used to being ignored, especially by two people at once.

With a comforting smile aimed at Yeon, Jungkook took off his shoes and walked over to pull Yeon out of the kitchen. Gently pushing her by the shoulders, Jungkook led Yeon back towards the front door. Kim Taehyung looked giddy as she came closer and closer. Just as Yeon was about to close her eyes Jungkook interrupted promptly.

"Eyes open."

Too close for comfort, Yeon tried stepping back, but she felt Jungkook's body against hers and immediately hopped forward. Almost touching noses with Kim Taehyung, who was still smiling, Yeon realized forward wasn't an option either. Before she could react, Jungkook's firm hand grabbed hers and pulled her back a safe distance. Without thinking, Yeon felt her hand reaching out to grab the edge of Jungkook's button up. She didn't have to look to see him smirking.

"So, I'm assuming you're the boyfriend? Boyfriends tend to hate me, but I swear I'm just—"

"Hello. It's nice to meet you."

Jungkook held out his hand, which Kim Taehyung shook just as happily.

"He's just my friend and, so what do you want?"

Yeon wasn't rude, just clueless. Although Jungkook was very much aware of how clueless Yeon was when meeting new people, he still felt the need to correct her when need be, but only because he cared. Yeon was endearing, and innocent, and like a lost child. It was hard not to like her once you got to know her.

"What she means is that she's wondering if there's anything else she can help you with."

"Wait so you're NOT her boyfriend then?"

It was obvious Kim Taehyung looked down at Yeon's hand grabbing onto the edge of Jungkook's shirt then back at the proximity the two were standing near one another. The obvious attention to the physical contact left Yeon in an uncomfortable state as she quickly let go and took a step away from both Jungkook and Kim Taehyung. Now they were all standing in a triangle which couldn't be misinterpreted at all.

"Anyway, Jungkook isn't really my friend but my chicken—"

"We're friends. Good friends."

Jungkook smiled and took a step sideways towards Yeon.

"In any case. I just wanted to introduce myself, but she seems to already know who I am. Most people do."

Kim Taehyung seemed to be proud about the last part. There was a cocky but goofy smile he seemed to frequent. It was cute to Yeon, and the thought itself made herself blush. Who was she to be thinking about how cute Kim Taehyung was. The whole world thought he was cute. Yeon couldn't help but to smile to herself.

Yeon looked up to see Kim Taehyung smiling down at her. Instead of continuing to smile like an idiot, Yeon frowned and shook her head no. For some reason she didn't like to agree with Kim Taehyung. It would mean that they were both sort of on the same page, and they weren't. There was no reason to instill such thoughts so Yeon liked to rid of them before they even appeared.

"So...?"

Kim Taehyung quickly realized why he was there as he tried to explain the situation to these two strangers that seemed to not really care about anything, actually. Although they said they weren't dating, there was a weird vibe between the two, and Kim Taehyung knew all about female and male vibes, and he was sure there was something going on. Not that it mattered to him.

"Well I'm in the flat next door, and I wanted to let you know that there may be paparazzi or fans out front a lot of times, and sometimes I have guests over late at night. If there's any trouble, give me a ring. "

Yeon nodded and walked forward. Instead of Kim Taehyung keeping his stance, which he usually did, he felt himself taking steps backwards. Before he knew it, he was on the other side of her doorway as Yeon reached for the handle. She was once again closing the door on Kim Taehyung.

"Yeon!"

Jungkook stopped her as he held the door open.

"What? That's obviously why he came over, so now that he's done I'm going to close the door. Kim Taehyung, you're done, right?"

He just wasn't used to someone treating him so nonchalantly and Kim Taehyung felt himself a bit surprised at the whole ordeal. Never a diva, and probably one of the most down to Earth celebrities, Kim Taehyung felt a tad bit surprised at his own ego at that moment. There was no way he was going to admit that there was more, but this wasn't exactly the way he thought it would go.

"I suppose so."

"See, Jungkook. He's done. Thank you."

Yeon bowed and quickly closed the door while Jungkook stared incredulously.

"I guess that went as best as it could have gone."

Smiling and happy with the end result, Yeon nodded eagerly. Grabbing the food that was still by the door, Yeon opened up a box and bit into a drumstick, which was a bit cold but as good as ever. Yeon held open the box for Jungkook who declined.

"Gotta run. Still have a job to do."

Yeon nodded and held her thumb up with a smile. Before Jungkook could leave, a knock on the door froze Yeon in her spot as she looked on in horror. She prayed he wasn't at her door again. It wasn't humanely possible to run into Kim Taehyung this many times in one day, even if it was intentional on his part! Jungkook opened the door on her behalf, and Yeon immediately smiled as she saw who it was.

"Hey I think I just passed by Kim Taehyung—Oh hey Jungkook!"

The disinterest in Haekyung's voice immediately disappeared as she beamed her perfect smile. Haekyung, one of Yeon's dearest friends, didn't like Jungkook, well she did, but she had a boyfriend. Haekyung was just nice, and sweet and pretty, and guys didn't seem to mind much.

"Hey Haekyung noona. I'm just heading out. There's some really great salad, you should ask Yeon to share."

"I'm sure she will. I'll see you soon, right?"

Haekyung was still smiling, and Yeon was rolling her eyes as she headed back to the living room. The two would look good together if not for the fact that Haekyung was taken and Jungkook, well no one really knew anything about Jungkook except that he delivered chicken and he was cute and a few other non essential details.

"Yeah. See you girls later. "

The door closed and Haekyung came skipping in while taking a seat on the love seat across from Yeon. She took a piece of chicken for herself as she began to eat and talk at the same time, all the while looking like she was in some cover shot for a fashion magazine. Haekyung was one of the prettiest people Yeon knew, but she made it look so easy. A simple white tee and worn out jeans still looked like a fashion ensemble for her. Her flowy ashy brown hair and olive skin always seemed perfect whether it was 0 degrees or 100. Despite her air of perfectness, Haekyung was fun and loving and so low maintenance most people believed her to be putting on a show to make other girls jealous.

"So Yeonnie, you won't believe it. I seriously think I just saw Kim Taehyung walking down your hallway."

Yeon nodded and her TV as she began flipping through her favorite channels.

"It was him."

"Anyway, so I was going to ask him—wait what?!"

"Kim Taehyung, he just moved in next door. Oh I LOVE Criminal Minds!"

"Kim Yeon! PAY ATTENTION! DID YOU JUST SAY KIM TAEHYUNG IS YOUR NEW NEIGHBOR?!"

The screeching voice of Haekyung startled Yeon as she dropped her chicken on her lap. Upset at the mess, Yeon picked up the chicken and took another bite before grabbing a tissue to wipe off crumbs that rubbed off on her pants.

"Yeah he is, but it's not like I'll ever see him, so it doesn't really matter."

"What is wrong with you?! Time to start going out Yeonnie! It's freaking Kim Taehyung! Kim Taehyung for God's sake!"

Yeon shrugged.

"And?"

Haekyung rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically. A smile suddenly overcame her face as she leaped up and plopped herself right next to Yeon. There was something really exciting and it was obvious Haekyung was having a hard time containing herself.

"Okay if not for Kim Taehyung, well I just got a text from some guy asking if I had your new contact info. He said he couldn't find you on Facebook and that he was moving back here and really wanted to get in touch."

Yeon nodded not really following along. There was always some guy trying to contact Haekyung and hook up or take her on a date or something or another. No one in their right mind could keep up with Haekyung's love life. Not even a hermit like Yeon.

"Oh my God. It's Seokjin sunbae! Kim Seokjin sunbae called me asking for you!"

For the second time that night Yeon dropped her chicken into her lap. This time she stopped chewing and almost let the half chewed chicken fall out of as well. Lucky for her she quickly closed , but was still stunned. Haekyung was all smiles and completely excited, but Yeon felt exactly the opposite. A mound of fear began welding up inside her, and a sense of anxiety began overtaking her body. As if a machine had taken over, Yeon stood up and walked straight towards the hallway closet that held fresh towels, extra blankets, and other miscellaneous objects. The last two shelves were purposely taken out. That space was for Yeon.

Closing the door behind her, Yeon sat crouched in the closet surrounded by darkness. Most people would find this utterly uncomfortable, but not for Yeon. She was in a space that no one else could invade. No one could hurt her when she was in the closet, and most importantly, no one could see that she was crying.

Seokjin Sunbae....

Yeon cried even harder.