I Don't Need It

It won’t change... even if I am born again.

"I'm going back to my room, hyung---"

"Soul-ah--- Eat some more---"

"Aniya--- I don't feel like eating today--- I'm tired---"

"Oh--- Sleep tight---" Hyun Joong just said while gazed up at his little brother. The guy bowed his head and left the dining room in no time. Dropped his spoon, the king held his head and gathered his eyebrows, "Seriously Soul--- What am I going to do with you?"

==============================

Young Saeng faced his back against the door, pushed back to close it and slid down on the floor; he sighed heavily. Hyun Joong's worrying expression, the prince saw it but yet able to do a thing. He knew Hyun Joong was trying his best to make him feel like at home. But it just wasn't felt right. His heart wouldn't stop feeling pain, and that huge hole on his chest wasn't healing at all. He felt empty, oppressed and stressed to its extent. Breathed in, breathed out deeply, the Otter calmed himself everyday just like that. The cross-earring on his ear suddenly turned into a burden now. It wouldn't talk to him anymore, kept still like a soulless object. Young Saeng didn't trust this thing, yet he couldn't throw it away. It was his father's present, such important thing, how could he throw it away?

"Hyung--- Do you still have your cross necklace?"

"Of course--- What about it?"

"I don't know--- When you came to stop me--- Before that, my earring was forcing me to remember--- I don't know wh---"

"Each of us five has one--- Appa gave us all before he died--- But where he got these from I don't know--- But he once told me that they're the symbol of our bond as gods--- They should be gone the moment you died--- Still I don't know why we still have them--- Mine remained silent since then--- So is Hyung Jun's--- Jinx and Myth appear to not have them anymore--- How about yours?"

"I told you--- It forced the memories on me--- Sometimes it talked to me--- Hyung Jun's ring once did it too---"

"How about now?"

"Nothing---"

"Then you should be alright now--- Maybe it was just some last bit of magic--- The Era of Gods is over--- You don't have to protect us anymore--- It's our turn to protect you, sweet heart---"

"But hyung--- I don't need it---" murmured then got up, Young Saeng dragged his body inside. As he was about to jump on the bed, someone knocked on the door. Asked in his mind, wondered who could was it, the prince promptly ran out to greet the person behind it; oddly, no one was outside. The knocks went on continuously and Young Saeng finally knocked himself on the head; how silly of him, the sounds came from the balcony door. Turned around and walked near it, he had this kind of familiar feeling; he had experienced this before. Yes, on that destiny night, he confessed his love. Heart pumped hard inside his chest and under that thin shirt he wore; thump, thump, thump his heart beating fast. Gript on the shirt, Young Saeng swallowed his saliva as the figure stood behind the door, hidden in the dark slowly revealed itself. "Oh no, why must you appear at this time? Why must you come?" thought in mind, Young Saeng land his hand on the glass, shivered a bit as it was so cold. The prince breathed on the door and a layer of steam covered his sight to the outside world. The other also did the same as him, he smiled beautifully; Young Saeng could see it, that dazzling warmest smile he missed so much.

The boy moved his head closer, in by the warm behind that cold door just now; he smiled back and moved his hand down, unlocked the wall between them. It opened in front of him and wind rushed in made he closed his eyes; shivering. But before that icy feeling could even spread throughout his body, a warm sensation covered the young prince in arms; tight and gentle.

"You're late---"

"I'm sorry--- I was fighting with myself---"

"About what?"

"Whether you would forgive me or not? Whether you would hate me or not?"

"Babo---" Young Saeng hugged the guy back, tears ran down his cheeks and he cried like a lonely kitten, "It wasn't your fault--- Why would I hate you? You babo--- A big babo---"

===============================

Kyu Jong sat on the floor, gazed up at the bum on the bed. Young Saeng suddenly jerked his head up, hit on Kyu's chin in the middle of their reunion, like he remembered something then ran on the bed. After curled himself up under the blanket, the boy stayed like that until now.

"Hey--- Are you okay?"

"--------------------- I'm okay~~~"

"Then why are you hiding from me?" Kyu Jong tilted his head.

"Um--mmmm----"

"Hm?"

"--- R--- Ri--- Ri Na----" Young Saeng bit his fingernails while stuttered out the girl's name. It wasn't matter how many times he died; he believed his luck wasn't there when it happened. But how about now? Ri Na's matter wasn't anything like that. He didn't die, and Ri Na didn't hate him as well; the boy thought so himself. He blinked several times and stretched his ears out, "Why so silent? Is he going to answer me or not?” Impatient, Young Saeng kicked the blanket off his body then jerked up. Smooch, he widened his eyes and lips landed on him. "Gargh!!!" the cute guy screamed and crawled backward till his back touched the bedhead, "Mwoya?" he squealed in high pitch like a girl. He didn't expect it but much for his worried head, the skin ship just now reminded him about that embarrassing day.

"S--- St--- Ya--- Stay away---"

"Wae? I have no reason right?"

"I--- I have---" the Otter put up his hands, covered his reddish face.

"Ya--- If you keep acting like this--- How the hell could I tell you?"

Halted, Young Saeng spread his fingers out and revealed his sparkle eyes, "Jeongmal?" he said childishly, "Then--- Then--- Say it---"

Sighed and shook his head, Kyu Jong smiled slightly then shuffled his loved one's head, "You really---? Aigoo---"

"Palliwa~~~"

"Araso---" Kyu Jong emphasized his voice but tried not to sound pissed. He didn't mad at all, but it was just in case the Otter get sensitive unexpectedly. "Look--- I'm sorry--- I should've settle everything before get back to you--- That day on the Ferris wheel--- I should've refrain myself--- I knew I should but you're irresistible--- Your scent was just too sweet--- It---"

"You make it sounds like I was some kind of roasted meat---"

"------------" Kyu Jong turned speechless towards Young Saeng's unnecessary comment. Noticed his glare, the boy averted his eyes away and grinned apologetically. "Anyway--- That night I called Ri Na immediately--- to--- to end things with her--- but then Jung Min came in and started his yelling--- Made you misunderstand---"

"But Jinx--- Why must you lie about remembering me? If you tell me from the start--- I wouldn't mind---"

At this moment, Kyu caressed Young Saeng's face, rubbed his fingers against those lovely cheeks, "Hey--- It ain't an easy task--- Now you say it like that but imagine if I said it back then--- Would you still forgive me?"

"I--- I don't know---"

"See?" he touched the boy's chin, prevented him from stooping his head down, "Even you don't know what would happen---"

"But why? Why you still went out with Ri Na? You don't want to be with me anymore?"

"Ya--- If I want it that way then why the hell am I here--- trying to explain to you?"

The prince tilted at first, but then giggled cutely. He moved closer and fell in Kyu's arms, "You're right---" he whispered, "Tell me more---"

"Mwo?"

"You have more to say--- Don't lie---"

"Jincha--- I can never hide anything from you---" he pecked Young Saeng's forehead and his expression softened from here until it got in serious mode, "It was a punishment--- being with Ri Na---"

"A punishment???"

"Oh---" he sighed heavily, "I had a hyung--- His name was Ryuu--- He was Ri Na's big brother--- We were really close friend and I used to come to their house a lot--- Ri Na fell in love with me but I rejected her--- At that time, I have no memories about you--- I was a bad guy you know---"

"I know---" Young Saeng looked up as he rested his head on Kyu's laps, the boy smiled brightly and listened to what Kyu had to say. Though he was busy playing with the guy's hand, Young Saeng wouldn't let any word passed his ears.

"I played around with lots of girls, no matter how much Ryuu advised against me, I wouldn't stop until when my memories came back--- I stopped completely--- But on that stormy night, Ri Na forced herself on me--- I pushed her away and the girl ran outside crying--- She blamed me for being cold--- Ryuu followed her in place of me--- But then they never came back---"

Young Saeng sat up by now and looked in Kyu's teary eyes, worried, "W--- Wae?" his question was barely be heard.

"Some of the girls I went out, thought that Ri Na was my girlfriend and tried to get their revenge on her--- Ryuu protected Ri Na, got stabbed in place for her---" his voice trembled, "I arrived just in time to hear his last words---"

Young Saeng's face turned pale by now, his lips trembled and slowly he moved away, "Jinx--- Then---"

"What Soul?"

"I---" he suddenly pulled his hand away from Kyu's, made the guy gave out this puzzled look, "I can't be with you---"