The Useless Me Hasn't Change At All

It won’t change... even if I am born again.

"Jinni?" Hyung Jun slightly opened the door to his daughter's room, enough for only one of his eyes to look inside. The little girl was absorbingly playing her cat - Hyun - didn't aware about her father existence. Smiled formed on face, Hyung Jun silently stepped inside and came near her.

 

"Hyunnie--- Appa is late again--- Do you know why?" carried the cat up high over her head, Jinni asked it cutely. Gazed at that fur ball, Jinni didn't blink her eyes for once like she was waiting for an answer; but the cat was just a cat, Jinni-ah. She couldn't answer such question for you. Put it down sulkily, Jinni shooed the animal away then stood up, surprised by the tall figure in front of her. The terrified expression soon faded shortly after that, replaced by a bright smile, "Appa---" she cried then jumped on him; hugged him tightly and tears started to fall again.

 

"Now--- Now--- You were smiling so lovely just now--- Why cry again?"

 

"I got bullied at school, appa--- I want to transfer--- Please---" held him tight by her tiny hands, Jinni with unstoppable tears whimpered in Hyung Jun's ears; made him almost couldn't hold it in anymore. Patted on the girl's head and rubbed her back, Hyung Jun slowly walked to the bed then sat down. Still wouldn't let her go since he knew she wouldn't want to; the young king just kept his silence until Jinni finally calmed down.

 

"Tell me--- Who bullied you---?"

 

"All of the students--- No one likes Jinni---"

 

"Come on--- You're exaggerating again--- How could nobody likes Jinni?"

 

"It's true--- They said I'm different--- An outcast--- Said I have no mother--- I'm a fake princess---"

 

"Jinni--- Enough---"

 

"No--- Appa wouldn't listen to Jinni---" she jumped off Hyung Jun's laps, "Jinni is not appa's daughter---" and started yelling, "Jinni knows it--- She has no wings--- Appa never married--- Jinni is probably just an orphan you picked up somewhere along the street---"

 

"I said enough--- Jinni---"

 

"Shihro--- I RATHER BE AN ORPHAN THAN A FAKE PRINCESS LIKE WHAT PEOPLE SAID---" A painful sound was heard and Jinni tears seemed to stop instantly; she fell on the ground and held her cheek. Rubbed the slowly turning red part of her face, Jinni was shock and hurt at the same time. Meanwhile, her father just stood there, not coming to her side or showing any change in expression at all. His face was cold and exuded out this angry feeling.

 

"Appa---"

 

"I told you to stop---"

 

"But---"

 

"I never once hit you Jinni--- But you seem to forgot how to obey my words---"

 

"-------------------"

 

He clenched his teeth and looked away; avoided her gaze. Wind knocked on those glassy windows, disturbed the first awkward moment of father and daughter. The girl just sobbed softly while Hyung Jun stood there; blamed his violent side yet making any caring movement. After a while, Hyung Jun turned away and walked out the door; left Jinni alone in her room, still hadn't moved an inch from the fall just now.

 

========================================

 

"Hey, man--- Can I come in?"

 

"Sure---" Hyung Jun replied to his friend as the guy politely knocked on the purposely wide opened door.

 

"Waiting for someone?"

 

"My daughter---"

 

"Oh---------------------------------------"

 

"What? You want to talk?"

 

"Not really---" the guy murmured softly and plumped down the sofa next to Hyung Jun, "Why not turn on the light---?"

 

"I don't like it---"

 

"As expect from the King of Devil---"

 

"That's not the reason---"

 

"Then what?"

 

"Jinx--- I never know you're this nosy---"

 

"Can't help--- I have nothing to do---"

 

Chuckled slightly, Hyung Jun put arms on his forehead and hid his face away. He flinched and revealed his face again annoyingly when Kyu slapped him on the thigh. "What?" he grunted.

 

"So what's the reason for this hobby of your?"

 

"Aish--- Leave me alone---"

 

"Sometime--- Releasing your stress in better than keep it inside, Joey---"

 

"--------------" Thought for a moment, Hyung Jun spoke softly, "I hit her today---"

 

"For?"

 

"For unknowingly stepping on my anxiety---"

 

"She's just a kid---"

 

"I know--- That's why my heart is killing me now---" sighed heavily, Hyung Jun went on, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh--- I'm stupid---"

 

"And for the first time he realizes he's stupid--- Congratulation---"

 

"Are you here to tease me?"

 

"Ani---"

 

"Then here for Soul---?"

 

Kyu Jong halted, made Hyung Jun grinned satisfactorily; as he expected, this guy wouldn't be one who came to just consoling him.

 

"I'm 35 you kiddo--- Learn how to respect an adult---"

 

"Look who is talking---"

 

"Jinx--- Instead of being here--- Why don't you go see Soul?"

 

"Will he meet me or not? Jade-hyung probably told him the truth already--- I can't figure out what reason should I be there and face him---"

 

Averted his eyes, Hyung Jun shook his head like he gave up already, "You talk like Soul is such selfish person---"

 

"Well he never really showed his selfish, angry side or even just a slight glimpse of tiredness--- It's scary for just thinking about it---"

 

"You need to do something soon--- Two more days--- The ceremony will be held---"

 

Clueless, Kyu Jong turned over almost immediately and stared at Hyung Jun, "What ceremony?"

 

"Haizzz~~~ The ceremony to make Soul a prince again--- Jade definitely wants Soul to stay here forever--- Which means after that you wouldn't be able to pull him over the tunnel---"

 

"What?"

 

"Don't yell--- You're annoying---"

 

"Ya--- How can that be possible--- Then how did Jade come to Earth?"

 

"He's probably going to make that ceremony as a camouflage for his other motive---" Hyung Jun looked back into Kyu's eyes, "---to put a spell on Young Saeng--- to make the tunnel block him---"

 

"No--- He won't do it---"

 

"He will---"

 

"What makes you so sure?"

 

"Seriously stop asking--- I'll tell you all, happy?" breathed in deeply, Hyung Jun closed his eyes and recalled what Hyun Joong told him long ago; about his plan. "Jade---" he said, "He planned this thing like 7 years ago but for some reason he didn't do it--- I guess he was giving you some chance--- I heard from one of my friend who lives in Jade's kingdom the other day when I bumped into you and Myth--- I wasn't sure at first but then when you told me about Soul's disappearance--- Things got clearer to me--- The ceremony will be held two days from now--- So maybe Soul's still considering or Jade is also questioning himself--- This decision would change one's life--- He can't be careless---"

 

"-------------------"

 

"Don't hate on Jade for this--- You're both Jade's brothers--- Just that the oldest tend to care for the youngest most--- It couldn't be help--- You just need to know--- Jade believes in you--- That's why he takes his hands off your life--- He believes you would be fine by yourself--- As for Soul--- Jade blames himself days by days for his death--- I wasn't able to save him--- I was useless and until now--- The useless me hasn't change at all---" There was this sadness in Hyung Jun's tone; Kyu could feel it. His voice was shaking and he was crying. Though it wasn't loud, Kyu knew by seeing how Hyung Jun stooped his head and turned away; faced where he thought that no one would see him. Patted on the man's head, Kyu just stayed silent and let him be. Let his tears flow, let his heart cries, and let him be a little kid for a while.

 

"I don't know what happened between you two--- But---"

 

"It was my fault--- It was all my fault---"

 

"Joey---"

 

"Jinx--- After this you could hit me--- Then curse me however you want---"

 

"Why would I?"

 

"Because I created Jinni--- The same way as how Victoria created you---"

 

"What?"

 

"I--- I found her labs shortly after the Final Battle--- I locked it at first and promised Jade I wouldn't use it---" he cried, "But because Jade started to focus on too much about you guys--- The selfish me--- The stupid 29 years old guy went ahead and created a girl by using both our genes--- With hope if we have kid--- Jade would at least pull himself away from your matter---"

 

"Enough--- Joey---"

 

"Just hit me Jinx--- Hit me---"

 

"No---" Kyu stopped Hyung Jun's hands as the guy was about to hit himself, "I'm not mad at all---", and smiled.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because you don't treat Jinni like how Victoria treated me right?"

 

"I hit her just now---"

 

"That's once in a while--- Me? I was being hit like every single day--- But does Jade know about this?"

 

"He does--- He was mad since I broke my promise--- Out of anger because of many things--- I left--- And we never really talk since then--- Like 6 years ago, except for some meetings between the two kingdoms--- I'm tired--- Jinni is now doubting herself as my daughter--- She's also being isolated by her schoolmates--- I'm bad--- I'm just bad---" shuffled his hair, Hyung Jun chuckled on such painful way, "I couldn't find myself to leave the lights on--- It reminded my too much about him--- Everything single object in this room is stained by his aura--- Slowly I grew to love the dark--- I really do love this gloomy room now--- It sooth my heart--- Really comfortable---"

 

Kyu Jong couldn't say a thing. He wanted to console the guy so much, but what could he say? This was not something that would just go away by one sentence. This was a wound carved on Hyung Jun's heart.

 

============================

COMMENT xD