Remembering

The Assassin's Attention

SIA- It stands for Seoul Intelligence Agency. Refined and renowned for protection and dedication to its nation and their agents were flawless of their jobs. Blended and posing as government officials, corporate officials of the business world, they had the eyes of over the world. Therefore the organisation known as Elite, whom were just as professional, portrayed as citizens of Korea, has constantly seek to ruin missions of SIA leaving them hanging for the past decade.

 

The constant busy beeping's and tracking locations of potential criminals and eliminating threats and the furiously tapping of keyboards were just another day for SIA agent.

 

 

However for Jung Yonghwa, it was a different story. Having been summoned by the Department Head herself, during his vacation, meant something important was up.

He made his entrance straight towards her office and without hesitation opened it and greeted her, in respect. Her office smelt like a dark fragrance of orchids and smoking of nature, and her desk table polished, with just her name tag engraved on a glass plate, a laptop and some pictures of which was presumably her young daughter framed and displayed on her cabinet, two on her cabinet desk and one on her desk. Modestly dressed in an ironed white collar shirt and work pants, she was dress to kill.

She greeted, as she dropped the pen and offered her hand. 'Agent Jung Yonghwa... I've heard remarkable things from you.'

Although he didn't need to boast his ego, she was just merely reinforcing her point. He politely shook it back before she gestured him to seat.

'Please sit.'

'So, Team Leader Park. What is the matter that I can help you with?

She sighed and seemed hesitant for a while. It was the presence of the unknown uncertainty that scared her.

'It’s a personal matter.' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It had been pretty quiet since Jay and Jungmo had been expelled and the holidays were in a week's time.

Yet, we couldn't think about or relax too soon. The last week was cramped with exams and everyone was on the brink to death, studying in their free time and both at home.

I, on the other hand, was an average student… Although I could attend after and night classes and going to extra tuition like other students, I didn't...

The sight of being invited to a house, whether it was nagging parents or annoying siblings, hurted me. Never, did I remember anything.

I couldn’t.

 

{Flashback}

The all-white and nauseous environment of people chatting made me my head spin. For a moment, I couldn't remember anything.

I squinted my eyes a few more times before I slowly realised that I was lying in a bed and everyone in the room was busy minding their own business. It was a hospital, as I averted my eyes left and right, just to make sure. A bag of clear fluid which was injected into my arm and an oxygen mask on my face which help me to breathe a little easier made me come to my senses.

'OMO! Miss, you're awake...' A young lady in a nurse uniform towered over me. I didn't know what happened.

Why I was here... She suddenly ran out of the room and only to be return with a flock of doctors and eyes staring at me.

The elder and assumingly the head doctor stared at me and at the machine which beeped every time my heart pumped life into me.

My head was throbbing with pain. Just why I was here-

The doctor rested his hand onto my wrist and smiled at me.

'You will be fine from now on, Miss.'

 

I nodded, half-willing assured. I closed my eyes, falling back to a slumber, before opening it up to a tall, dark hair male staring, worrisome at me.

'You woke up!' He whispered, relief escaping his voice. I stared down at the joint fingertips of ours before he awkwardly tugged it away. It was a stranger although it felt comforting, it did make me uneasy.

'Sorry.'

He chuckled and starting looking away, but still, I didn't remember him. He started walking away and the disparity of my conscience longed for answers.

'Wait.' A bare murmur came from my voice. He stopped and turned back around. Inside, I was relieved.

'What's wrong?' He asked, pulling a chair alongside him and sat down next to me.

'Tell me... Why... How... Just... Who are you?' The pained breathing made it hard for words to come out.

'Ah.' He scratched in head, as if he was happened. 'I'm Kiseop, Saerin. You don't remember me?'

I stared at him intently, yet I was conversing with a stranger. I shook my head.

'Ah, don't worry then. The doctor said it was only short-term.' I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and so far the stranger, Kiseop, was giving me all the answers. 

Before I could ask, he beat me to it.

'Did you know what happened?'

I shook my head and it was an answer that made Kiseop solemn.

'So, you don't know what happened? Like, why you're here? Bandages on your head, arm and feet?'

Surprising I couldn't feel anything. I was too tired and obnoxious to feel anything.

'What's today?' I whispered, barely audible.

'2007. October. Why?'

'Nothing. How long have I been here?'

'You seriously don't remember.' The shock and sudden realisation hit him. I didn't.

I couldn't.

'I am sorry, I've got to go.' He stood up and I raised my head, wanting to hear my answers, before he placed his hands my shoulder.

'Rest, Saerin. I will be back. I'm late for school now.'

I nodded and started to relax in the hospital bed. If there was something I needed to remember, than why couldn’t I- after all, its feels like an eternity since I felt and live like a human.

 

 

The past life which I wasn't able to comprehend came to me later that day when Kiseop and gave me the answers that I wanted. The whole day's agony of waiting for him to return brought back the ghosts of my past.

 

'You were in an accident. Your parents didn't make it.' The slow and destructive words that came out suddenly made the whole world clearer.

A black prestigious car. The tune of triumphant music of orchestras in the background. A red traffic light. A shattered window. Cuts and grazes in my arm. Two legs striding towards me. A hand gun resting in his palm. 

 

 

 

 

 

'AH!' Immediately as I entered the doorway of my house, there stood Kim Jaeseop pointing a gun at me.

 

'Boo!' He playfully teased. Scared and panicked the first moment sooner turned into a bitter revelation.

 

‘BANG!’ He intimidated the gun shot noise, before mocking at me, in his laughter. I could only mutter a scoff and a glare at him.

 

'You look pale, Saerin-ah…'

 

'Well, OF COURSE, WHY WOULDN'T I! Youjustfreakingpointedagunatmyheadandareyoutryingtokillme…'

 

'Chill… I keep one for safe-keeping. You’ll never know when we might need it.' He assured, and for some reason I just gritted my teeth and walked away. Not before muttering,

 

‘You shouldn’t play around with those… They might end up in your head.’

 

Slamming the door in his face, I collapsed, pacing my breathing, as I didn't want those flashbacks to haunt me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That caught me off guard. They might end up in your head. Her words tattled me.

She was restless and for a second I doubted myself and decided to shake it off.

I grabbed my phone and texted Eli.

'Party. Me, you. 8o clock at my place.'

I needed to unwind and forget about seeing her name on the database. For whatever reason it is I wanted forget and not care. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Stella! You scared me!' I cried, as she devilishly grinned before dropping herself into the seat next to me.

 

'Studying, I see.' She asked, and with the amount of textbooks, papers and sticky notes scattered on the table, it couldn't be more obvious.

 

'Can I help you?"

 

'I'm bored.' She whined and I stared at her with the uttermost confused face.

 

'You're bored! Final exams starting tomorrow and you're bored?'

 

'Whoa... Okay, I shall go find someone else to bother.'

She got up and I was back to studying mode. I really wanted to avoid her- not in a bad way, however the memories of last night were creeping in making me

lose focus.

 

 

 

 

{Flashback}

Yesterday, Stella and I had decided to study like with have been every Thursday night ever since her arrival at school. At first, my parents eyed me weirdly when I kept bringing a girl, other than Saerin into the household, surely due to her vivacious and bright nature they accepted her, only on the boundaries of a friend.

‘Kiseop-ah…’ She mused, as she flopped herself comfortably onto my bed. She was already to open to speak when I gave her direct eye contact from my trigonometry sheets it had seemed that she had changed her mind.

‘Forget it.’ She simply stated, starting to fidget with her fingers.

‘Okay then…’ I returned to focus, unaware of the awkward space in my room. ‘I think you should get studying- YAH!’

Next thing, I knew she had jumped on me trapping me between her and the chair, and her eyes prowling onto me.

‘What?’ I muttered, trying not to act surprised.

She just gave me a sly smirk and tapped my lips, wistfully.

‘Lee Kiseop… Tell me… Are you a man?’

‘WHAT!’ I literally spat at her question, however she yanked my hair backwards. ‘Ah… AH! OW! OKAY, yes. Happy?’

She stood being thinking for a few seconds, leaving me grasping in pain, before opening .

‘What would you do if a girl that you liked was also chase by another suitor?’

‘What? You mean Saerin is- OW!’ She yanked my hair further, and I couldn’t find the strength to fight back.

‘I just meant anyone in general!’ She fanatically yelled her words at me.

‘Yes, why wouldn’t I?’

‘Then, I’m sorry.’ She bent down, almost forcing our heads to collapse together and I almost screamed in shock.

 

 

 

'Something wrong?' A voice which I immediately recognised as Saerin, made me jerk my head up. I pushed up my glasses and composed myself, as she began taking out her books and textbooks. I sighed of great relief, as the horror of yesterday could be momentarily shaken off.

'Nope, I'm fine.' I cringe at the sight of the imperfection of my face staring back at her.

 

What if I had actually kiss Stella? My lips...

 

I gasped in shock, flying myself onto my chair and clutched my fists.

'Are you sure?' She eyed me, but I intently nodded my head.

'Can I ask you something?'

'Yeah, sure. Go ahead.' She started scratching her chin and her hair and it was driving me paranoid.

 

Oh man… Is she going to confess?

No… Not now!

 

'Kiseop-ah...'

She fixed up her white knitted scarf as it covered her chin.

'I just want to know what happened five years... Hey, where you going?' She asked, shocked at the sight of me packing away my stuff.

'Sorry... I realised there was something at home... Bye!' And with that, it left Saerin more confused, yet she shrugged it off and continued to revise, she was worried.

 

 

 

 

'There was a zit on your face, Lee Kiseop. Some girls might get worried.' I muttered even though I had witnessed the panicked and fanatic state of my close friend, I couldn’t help but to grin to myself.

 

 

 

 

 

8o’clock- Club Intuition

 

The upbeat, candle and lantern lit veranda party complemented perfectly to the serene and musk of the night. Club Intuition had everything- a great DJ, perfect cocktails and of course, my favourite, such beautiful legs that walked past me. Slowly, I felt an arm grinding along the back of my waist and my eyes spotted perfect manicured red nails on my abdomen.

 

I coyly turn around and saw a gorgeous, heavy makeup vixen in a black lace dress. Her hair tussled into a high wavy ponytail, and her pink lips started pursed forward as she rose to look up at me.

'Why, hello there beautiful?' I jerked her together to me and held on tight that I could hear the heart beating in sync with each other.

She smirked as she jeered her head to face me.

'Now, Shall I turn your lonely night into something more...' She leaned closer and grabbed tightly onto my waist almost wincing at her sudden attack.

 

'Dangerous.' The poison set in her voice as she whispered the words that I had longed sought after.

 

I smirked and leaned for a peck, though she had placed a finger on my lips. 

 

'Not now, not after our fun is done. Now, I didn't want to leave a lonely gentleman here did I?' She grabbed my hand and led the way.

 

Tonight was going to be exciting. I leaned into her ear as we stopped at the entrance of the club dancefloor.

 

'Tell me your name, baby.'

 

She flung herself around and intertwined your fingers around my neck and I caught her by the waist swiftly.

 

'Hmm, dependable. I'm impressed.' She praised, as she straightened herself and smiled.

 

'I'll never tell you my name, but you may call me, Seohyun.'

 

The soft tune of the saxophone combined with the mellow of the violin swayed our bodies in sync.

 

'You can call me Jaeseop...' I replied, as the night was only just beginning. Although, both were at the club for two different reasons.

 

One came to party and the other who just doing their job.

 

Shall the night get more dangerous for you, Kim Jaeseop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was beginning to get late and the library was starting to close up. It had been a decent two hours of studying. I yawned and stretched up my arms.

 

'Tired, aren't you?' an unknown voice asked me as the pain of enduring study overcame me.

 

'Yeah…' That's I could mumble. The random stranger sat himself down a few hours ago which I didn't realise since I was too preoccupied with my eyes on words on paper.

'Shouldn't be going home?' He asked. I wonder what it was-the attitude or passive tone of his voice. Although he did decide for my mind that it was time to go home and grab takeaway on the way.

'I'm Jung Yonghwa by the way. You must be...' Well, his name tag and well pressed ironed shirt were a ultimate giveaway.

'Lee Saerin.' I answered back.

'Well, Saerin. Good luck for your exams.' The lack of informalities did shock me however with such a cheeky smile, which irregular lining of his teeth showed, proved irresistible, I let it pass.

'You too, Yonghwa-sshi.' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I breathe as I realised that my assignment was just beginning of something unexpected.

'He's here.' The message came through and immediately I went to pull off my blazer from the chair and pulled off my name tag and dropped it onto the floor.

I need to head to Club Intuition. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'There's somewhere I need to take you.' Seohyun eagerly whispered as she drove me past the people and back into lonely alleyway of bustling of the club.

'Why are we here?' Before I could ask, I was blinded.

Big explosions of lights blinded me for a second, which were probably from an imported car, before I realised somebody punched me in the face. Wincing in pain, I regained my sight, to find another accomplice standing next to Seohyun.

 

Decked in a suit, I realised who it was.

Jung Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'What's wrong?' Eli asked, as he witness his best friend, furrowing his eyebrows and sighing in such disbelief and anger, that it had made him nervous for a moment.

 

'Nothing…' A dead straightforward reply from AJ, as he mentally sighed.

 

'Looks like a scratch on your head, Jaeseop-ah… What happened? You never let a bruise, or nevertheless on your face… Possibly, the chick…' Eli was mocking AJ for a second and enjoyed it.

 

'Shut up, and just drive.'

 

'To where?' Eli asked, sarcastically.

 

'MY PLACE!'

 

'You have no place, dude…'

 

'Stop the car.' The car came to a halt, and immediately AJ fumed his way. Taking it that he was probably going to walk away, Eli sped off.

 

'Such a friend, I have…' AJ muttered to himself, as he started walking in the opposite direction, into the busy nightlife of Seoul on a Friday night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-A few minutes before-

 

The dark and secluded alleyway was soon heard by the tumbling of trashcans and the fist fight that occur outside Club Intuition.

 

Both were equally matched. Pain didn’t show through the two males that sworn to become enemies, that wasn’t going to change any time soon. Years of training show and reflexes had made AJ pinned Yonghwa against the wall.

 

'What the hell are you doing?'

 

He spat, his tongue tasting the bitterness of his blood.

 

'People like you, shouldn't be allowed to roam freely the streets like these.'

 

This had further angered AJ whom pushed Yonghwa harder against the concrete wall. His instinct shown that his y vixen was going to lounge at him, however he saw it coming.

 

'Don't.' AJ commanded, poison creeping in his voice, as Seohyun came to a halt.

 

'Tell me… why are you here? Elite don’t let their agents roam freely.' Yonghwa bluntly went straight to the point.

 

AJ let out an angered laugh, before glaring at Yonghwa.

 

'There are such things called a holiday.' He simply stated the fact, bitter sarcasm erupting from his tone.

 

Yonghwa unleashed himself free and both alpha males stared at each other.

 

'Stay away.' The only precise and direct threat AJ told Yonghwa. But both exactly knew they will make everything crumble at their feet. That was all they were good at- Making each other's life hell. Not leaving until giving a piercing glare to Seohyun, AJ stormed off into Club Intuition and left.

 

'May your holiday end…' Yonghwa spoke and smirked to himself.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

{Flashback}

 

 

By looking at the small front desk calendar beside my hospital bedside table, it has been a week since I woke up. I remember Kiseop was my best friend through elementary school until now. We had just begun a new year of high school and I was given an exception, considering my accident.

 

It was mid-afternoon, the lively sun rays brightening up the room and I was enjoying soaking up all the warmth. Suddenly, an elderly ahjussi, wearing mid-frame glasses entered the room.

 

'Annyeong, Saerin… Remember me?'

 

Strangely, I couldn't. I didn't know who he was or where from my distant memories who he was.

 

'Ah, then don't worry… I'm your next-door neighbour, love. Does that bring back any memories?' I could only stare blankly back at him, unable to retrieve what memories of him what so ever.

 

'Ah, I'm Kim Hyun Joong. You, still can't remember? I'm a close friend to your mother.' I simply shook my head.

 

'Sorry… I'm not yet fully recovered. And my mother is dead.'

 

'Saerin-ah, that's where you're wrong. Your mother isn't dead. In fact, she is alive.'

 

'But-'

 

'Yeah, your friend… The doctors made him believe that… But the real deal is your mother went to America for treatment. She sustained injuries that doctors here can't fix.' To be honest, I couldn't even picture my own mother's face. Surely, a child should remember their mother's face clearly, right?

 

'Um… do you have a picture of her? She's coming back, right?' I asked trying to understand everything I was just told, and Hyun Joong seemed to falter at my request. 'I can't remember anything…' I affirmed.

 

'Ah… I'm sure you have photos at home.' He assured. 'Rest well, Saerin-ah.' With that, he left, not answering the question, before his phone started beeping, and as he read it, he suddenly walked out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm your guardian, Lee Saerin… Your mother is never coming back… She was the one who caused this…

 

My phone beeped and it was from my sunbae.

 

 

-From Unknown

 

'Hyun Joong- Thank you.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Oh! Saerin, what brings you here?' As Hyun Joong greeted, as I walked next door approaching his front door. It was late and I greeted and awkwardly scratched my head.

 

'I just need to ask you a question.'

 

'Okay then, come in.' As long as I could remembered, the invitation to Hyun Joong's house was always pleasantly welcome.

 

'Anything to eat.'

 

'Nah.' I brushed it off, as we sat down on his black leather sofa, with the television in the dining room running in the background.

 

'Um, do you possibly know what happened on the day of my accident?' I asked, desperate to search for answers.

 

'Five years ago?' I nodded.

 

'Well… firstly, what do you remember?'

 

'Um… just bits and pieces… I remember two people sitting at the front of my car. We stopped at a red traffic light, and some opera music was playing in the background. Then… I don't know… It just… happened… quickly…' I falter and my hands were shivering out of control.

 

'Calm down, Saerin-ah. It's okay…' I nodded, as I felt a headache coming. 'Maybe you should go home…'

 

'No. Please tell me.'

 

 

'Okay, fine then. Well, that day I saw you and your mother come out of the house. We waved goodbye and you guys drove off. Later that night, the police and everyone came to your house. It was a ruckus in the neighbourhood. The policeman told me of your accident, and the person had been murdered. I feared for my life- thinking it was you. Thankfully when I went into the hospital, both you and your mother were undergoing surgery. You had fallen into a deep coma and didn't wake until three weeks later. During that time, your mother needed to go America to undergo treatment.'

 

'Wait, wait… Someone got murdered?'

 

'Yes. The passenger was unidentifiable, that why your house was rummaged.' I shook my head in understanding, as that's where they had possibly taken all my childhood memories. 'Investigations had seized pretty much everything that existed in that house.'

 

'Ahjussi… It's been five years since I've seen my mother… Why hasn't she…' I asked, wanting answers.

 

'Saerin-ah, your mother… in America, after she had been cured, she ran away. We possibly don't know what happened to her.' The disappointed was overwhelming but I knew I had it coming.

 

'I'm sorry…'

 

'Don't be… Thank you very much. I'll be leaving now.' I stood and got ready to leave.

 

'Ah, Saerin-ah… did you finally settled down with someone?'

 

'What? Oh the guy living with me?’ Hyun Joong nodded. ‘Nah, it's just… an intruder that I plan on kicking out sometime soon.' I smiled and made my way out.

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

*changes from the 26/9/12

A new poster, new tags, edited the foreword however the same old story and author :P haha~ 

 

KISSMEs REJOICE FOR STOP GIRL <3 *cough, cough, THOSE S* *nosebleeds*

 

 

I'm seriously LOVING this song and I have much faith for them winning NUMBER ONE! even though there's competition, I am confident that they can win, because Stop Girl is SUCH AN AMAZINGLY AWESOME SONG <3 and the chereo is sick and I love it~ I LOVE EVERYTHING <3 bahahaha~

 

*sobs* though, AJ is missing~ My baby bias <3 But, we shall wait~ 

 

 

 

ANYWAYS.. regarding this chapter~ lots of flashbacks, but all for plot development :)

And. so duh undramatic of dramatic entrances~ Yet the mysterious person, is *dun, dun* Jung Yonghwa <3 But I love him and YongSeo too ;P But don't worry~ Seohyun isn't important, but Yonghwa is ;)

And the ahjussi, I've decided to make Kim Hyun Joong XD I love him too xP ahaha~ 

 

But was it long enough for the L-O-N-G hiatus of not updating? Plus, I'm on holidays, so expect a lot more updates! ^^ 

Also... Brace yourself for dramas, everyone! ^^

 

 

2SEOP LOVE <3 <3 <3 

  (omfg.. My Mind <3 Seriously, go get married already! <3)

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME xx (which is really soon ;D) TheInspiritedGirl~