Face.

The Assassin's Attention

 

 

You/SaeRin’s POV

I wanted to run away.

No, please… I pleaded.

 

As far as I could.

‘I’m so sorry…’

 

But my feet didn’t let me.

‘Please…’ Hoping my tears and begging would change its mind.

 

I was forced to witness it.

‘Goodbye…’

 

They wouldn’t move.

‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!’

 

I wanted to leave, so much…

 *bang*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘AAH!’ I screamed and rose up on my bed. After much heavy breathing, I realised that I kicked my entire blanket onto the floor, and I was sweating so much. The alarm clock just flipped to 2AM.

 

It was only a dream.

 

A dream.

 

Dreams don’t ever come true, Lee SaeRin…

 

It’s okay.

 

Suddenly, I had the urge to cry. All my lifetime, I’ve reassured myself that everything will be ‘it’s okay’, however it was never the case.

 

 

Never.

 

 

 

Once I had a dream, where I purposely walked in front of a speeding bus and both Jay and Jungmo saved me. However the next day at school, they purposely tripped me over, sending all my notes flying everywhere.

 

I went home afterwards, and told myself I would be okay. One day, everything will come to an end. I will have a happy ending.

 

However, later that night, I had another dream, this time I met my deceased father. I couldn’t see his face, but I saw his back and he spoke to me.

 

 

 

You will be okay… One day, Lee SaeRin…

 

 

That night, I woke up again, and starting crying.

 

It was never okay.

 

I sighed.

 

That nightmare made me scared to my wits, so I decided to flicker all the lights on and walk around. The small built house, had a living room which faced the front lawn and a four seater dinner table, bathroom and kitchen opposite each other, and I decided to seat on the coffee table staring at the television screen.

 

I stared intently at me, reflected on the LCD screen television.

I was a horrible mess.

I was hardly coping.

I started crying…

 

Living alone was just too hard.

 

 

If only, I wasn’t alone…

 

 

 

 

 

 

AJ/Jaeseop’s POV.

‘OMO!’ I shouted. There stood, Team Leader Jang waiting outside my penthouse door, scaring the hell out of me.

‘Aishhh…’ I muttered. ‘Why are you here?! Are you driving me to school today?! You better be-‘ Wait. It isn’t even a school day. It’s Saturday.

‘Son… Pass over your house keys…’ Team Leader Jang held out his hand.

‘Wae?’ I asked, curiously.

‘Orders, Kim Jaeseop. Don’t ask. Just give them over…’ I sighed. What the hell is wrong with Team Leader anyways?

 

In a split second, I was able to stomp on Team Leader’s foot, distracting him and giving me enough time to shut the door on him.

‘YAH! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!’ He shouted.

I was desperately holding the door with all my strength. ‘NO. Not until you tell me why you want my house keys.’

‘Stupid… this isn’t YOUR house remember? It’s everyone! Now, open this door, before I crush your bones.’

‘Aish… It’s freaking 8 in the morning! Can I offer some fried eggs to your brains!’ I shouted, unaware of what was coming out of my mouth.

‘Don’t you dare mock me!’ Team Leader growled.

‘Oh! I hear your stomach is grumbling…’ Oh man, I am SO dead meat. I hardly realise what I am saying. It’s probably last night’s hangover, when I went Friday night clubbing again- this time with Eli only.

‘That’s it!’ He growled.

The next thing I know, my world suddenly went spinning into darkness.  

 

 

 

 

 

Kiseop’s POV

I groggily woke up and the first thing I did was checked my laptop for my cyworld updates. I uploaded another picture last night and got numerous likes and comments.

 

 

I sighed.

 

Popularity never suited me. In fact, I may seem popular, but it wasn’t me. Girls would randomly come and ask for my autographs and Jay and Jungmo were just tagging along.

 

 

The closest friend would be Lee SaeRin.

 

Though I wasn’t sure if she felt the same way.

 

I checked my phone. This time, I had reply. I sent SaeRin a text last night, after she had detention, but she didn’t reply.

Can we talk? It was sent at around 2AM. Gosh, why so early. There was another text.

*sigh* I guess you’re sleeping… oh well~ Should I be worried? Something must have happened if she texted me at like 2AM in the morning. I quickly replied.

Are you okay? Mianhae… I fell asleep :P Wanna hang out today?

She replied immediately. No problems. Sure, where?

Sticker photos, SaeRin? What do you say? OK. Yes, I’m stupid for suggesting that, but I wanted to.

^^ hehe, okay then. Good, it’s sorted. I’ve arranged to meet SaeRin at her place around 11 and sticker photos wasn’t the only thing I wanted to do. Maybe shop? Buy some clothes?

 

Then another text message arrived.

FLOWER BOY! You have you help me. It’s AJ. Eh? I stared confused at the private number. AJ? When did he get my number? More importantly how can I reply if it’s an unknown number.

Aish. I told him to stop with the Flower Boy jokes. Humph, I threw my phone onto the bed, and went to shower.

 

 

 

You/SaeRin’s POV

I let a breath of relief. Hopefully I could try and distract myself from the horrible dream I had last night.

 

It freaked me last night. I hardly slept.

 

Oh great. Shoot. Kiseop suggested sticker photos, and I look absolutely horrid.

 

Should I wear sunglasses? Nah, maybe then he’ll think I’ve been crying because I was watching City Hunter. Which I haven’t…

 

I sighed. I decided to place two slices of cucumber of my eyes. Hopefully that works. I hardly put makeup on my face, because simply, I don’t understand why girls like to cake themselves so much in it.

 

The doorbell rang. Immediately I threw the cucumbers in the bin and opened the door. Kiseop was grinning and I couldn’t help grin too.

 

Might as well smile, if I want to forget what happened last night.

 

‘SaeRin-ah!’ Kiseop sang and hugged me. I was taken aback, nevertheless, it wasn’t awkward. Maybe I grew customised to it.

 

‘Eh, Kiseop-ah. I didn’t get much sleep therefore I don’t really look that great for sticker photos.’ I awkwardly scratched my head.

 

‘Nah, what are you talking about?! You always look pretty, SaeRin, better than others.’

 

I stared at the back of his head, while putting on one shoe.

 

Did he just say I look pretty?

 

Oh. Wow. I was shocked, but in a good way. Never before has Kiseop told me, but I didn’t know, what to do but stare at his face, that was looking down at me.

 

‘Are you okay?’ Kiseop asked. I must have looked like an idiot, staring at his face, while trying to put on my sneakers.

 

‘Uh… sorry…’ I hid my head, and mentally scolded myself.

 

Why look like an idiot!?

 

‘C’mon… there’s so much I wanna do today, SaeRin-ah!’ Together, arm in arm, we walked off. ‘To the shopping mall, first. I’m hungry. We’ll eat and then sticker photos. Then, I don’t know what do you think?’

 

‘I think it sounds perfect, so far.’ I replied. Honestly just not being alone was what I wanted.

 

We went into the mall and ate, shopped and Kiseop also suggested watching a horror movie. But, I declined. Especially, not after a nightmare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Let’s take sticker photos now!’ Kiseop cheered. I smiled and followed Kiseop.

 

Gosh, he can be such a big baby sometimes. I guess it makes him more attractive. However I told myself, I will never get a chance, because… He probably only sees me as a nuisance, maybe… I don’t know… I wasn’t sure too…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kiseop's POV

 

It was time.

 

There was something I wanted to tell SaeRin so much all this time, but I wanted to hold back.

 

But sticker photos seemed like the only solution to telling her.

 

 

We arrived at the booth. To be honest, SaeRin seemed really hesitant. Something must have worried her last night.

 

'Was it another nightmare?' I asked.

 

She sighed and nodded. I carefully placed my shoulders over her and pulling her closer to me.

 

'I wished I wasn't alone…' She whispered lowly.

 

I squeezed her shoulders tightly. I ruffled her hair and smiled at her. 'You won't be alone… You will have always for me…'

 

Crap. Not now. It was meant for sticker photos.

 

I gulped. 'Don't worry…' I finished off, when we finally arrived at the sticker photo booth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

'SMILE!' I cried, when we took our first shot. To be honest, SaeRin could pass off as an ice princess. Hmmm, I decided on something else. I quickly selected a pink and orange zig zag background.

 

'SaeRin-ah.' She turned around at me, fixing up her hair.

 

'3.' The machine counted down.

 

Calm down, Kiseop.

 

'2.'

 

…Anytime soon

 

'1.'

 

Now!

 

The next thing, we are laughing our heads off in the small cramped sticker booth.

 

The awkwardness was no where in the air, and I was tickling SaeRin. She seemed really shocked, yet relaxed.

 

I was happy to see her smile. The way her eyes disappear when her lips curl into laughter.

 

'OH. GOSH. STOP. OKAY. I. WILL. SMILE.' SaeRin panted. I knew it was her weakness. And to be honest, we took more weird shots, me back hugging her, doing cute poses, V-signs, the whole lot.

 

Random onlookers, could mistake us a typical girlfriend-boyfriend relationship, but I couldn't help feel disappointed. I wasn't always there for her and yet, she is able to cope doing anything by herself.

 

'YAH!' SaeRin called, giggling at the decorative screen. 'It's time to chose to which ones…'

 

'Not the first one… and this one… and ooh, that one looks pretty.' We giggled our way to choosing which sticker photos to decorate.

 

'No peeking.' I secretly covered my screen from SaeRin, who just chuckled.

 

'Fine… Just wait, Kiseop-ah… I will change drastically change your flower boy image!' I smirked inwardly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your/SaeRin's POV

 

I secretly laughed. I had placed many random decorative stuff on our sticker photos. From a ballerina costume to rabbit ears, to a fat man's suit, I was tilting my head back laughing.

 

I caught Kiseop peeking over. 'YAH! You're not supposed to look! You're ruining the surprise!'

 

Kiseop awkwardly laughing. I slapped him on the arm. 'Fine, then, I wanna see…' Before I could peek over his shoulder and quickly leaned against the screen, absolutely refusing me to see anything.

 

'Fine…' I rolled my eyes, and secretly grinned as I had fun randomly decorating and adding frames and texts such as 'Daebak' or '^___^' onto our sticker photos.

 

We stood side by side, waiting for the machine to print our sticker photos.

 

'I had fun today, Kiseop-ah… Komawo…' I placed my head on his shoulders. He didn't seem to mind. It felt good. I haven't been out in a long time and I felt more relaxed and lighter than before.

 

He patted my head. 'Glad to know, SaeRin-ah… Maybe you should move in with me and my parents… I am sure they won't mind…' He suggested.

 

I shook that thought away. 'It's okay. I'm doing fine. Plus the money still comes every fortnight.' I've told Kiseop, about the mysterious envelope that comes every fortnight, with cash in it. 

 

Every time it reminded me to make sure I use the money wisely on food and such, which I did. I sighed. It's been coming for two years already. Anything before that was too painful. I didn't want to re-think it.

 

I was happy today. Nothing else should come in the way.

 

'YAY! ITS PRINTED!' Kiseop cried and twirled around with the small sheet of paper in his hands.

 

'I wanna see!' I whined, trying to make him show me. He stopped being childish, and turned around and faced me.

 

'Here…' He gave me the sticker photos, and observing his face, he was nervous. His hands were shaking as he passed it over to me.

 

 

I stared in awe. The pictures and decorations came out pretty, however the ones Kiseop decorated surprise me the most.

 

You know, you'll always have me behind your back…

 

You're too cute, when you laugh… haha <3

 

I think I've fallen for you…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait. I think I've fallen for you… I stared at Kiseop, who was staring at the ground. I gulped and pinched myself to stare back the photos.

 

 

I think I've fallen for you…

 

My heart was beating fanatically. I was starting to feel nervous, even.

 

Did Kiseop just admit that he was in LOVE? With me?

 

I was shocked.

 

'Um…' I started.

 

'Aish! I knew it…' Kiseop complained.

 

'Actually…'

 

Kiseop started paying attention, eyes glued on me.

 

I chuckled at bit, embarrassed. Kiseop sighed. 'Let's go home, yeah? I'll walk you home… It's getting late…'

 

No. Wait. I need to tell you something! However Kiseop started walking away. I sighed and reluctantly followed behind.

 

He seemed so lonely. I felt sorry.

 

I didn't know…

 

I just don't know…

 

However, Kiseop was always there for me, bad or good… It's hard imagining how could possibly like me…

 

I stared at the sticker photos again.

 

I think I've fallen for you…

 

I gulped, and then I don't know what struck me. I ran up to him and intertwined our fingers.

 

It gave me a sense of security and warmth. I rested my head on his shoulders.

 

He didn't seem to mind. We continue walking our way back, into the night.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AJ HAS SOME COMPETITION!!! XD hahaha~

Man, I miss taking sticker photos :P kekeke… stay tuned for MORE updates! ^___^

 

Next clue to the mysterious new character- HEY YOU, I'm a Loner… :D Hopefully someone gets it this time, because @Rianne2580 unnie, has already guessed who it is ^___^