Chapter 8 - Bounds

Catalyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boy lay across from Jisoo looked so peaceful in her eyes, the threat she sensed from his group of friends was always imminent but with Daehwi he seemed calm and relatively favorable in attitude. His face was so peaceful in his sleep, innocent almost. Then it hit her. He was there when she was cut. When she was bleeding. And that means he knows who she is that she is his mate.

The pain in her whole body fluctuated every movement she took. She swung her legs off of the bed whilst gripping the rim of the metal bed with the hands and biting her lip to contain the groans of pain she so desperately fought to keep in. As her feet touched the cold floor her body felt clammy and warm. She was sick and she knew it but she needed to get away from Daehwi. She had nothing against him but she could not deal with a mate at the minute.

She already had to deal with the weird dreams or recollections she would have when she slept as well as her powers being the fact she can take others powers. He just seemed too much to handle at that moment in time. She stood up off the bed and started to walk away when she felt a sharp tug on her arm looking over and noticing she was hooked up to an IV bag she could either pull the needle out or carry the IV stand with her making a whole lot of noise. Jisoo looked at the stand and then her arm again. The needle was separated into two parts and when she twisted the upper part it came off making the saline solution trickle out of the exposed tube.

She dropped the tube and it hit the floor with minimal noise but created a small puddle of liquid where it lay. She limped toward the sliding door of the room where she walked out into the hallway. The moment she stepped out she had no clue where she would go and decided that a leisurely walk would be the best option to find the exit of the building. Jisoo managed to find the stairs and made her way down to the ground level. She walked towards the reception area which was empty and quiet due to the dead hours of the night.

"Would I be able to use the phone for a second," Jisoo asked the one man on duty at this hour.

Sorry I-- Yes, Yes, of course, go ahead" The man was about to dismiss her saying she couldn't but when he looked up at her he recognized her face as the one that had been rushed in earlier by two HiCaste aswell. The man was kicking himself for not picking up on it sooner. Jisoo picked up the receiver of the landline and was about to dial Changwook's number but she didn't remember it at all. She should have memorized it but had always had her phone on her so there was never any need. She put the receiver back rather awkwardly before bowing and walking away embarrassed. 

Without realizing she had walked back into the room to be enveloped in a tight hug hurting quite a bit due to the pressure they were putting on Jisoo's body as a whole.

"Thank god, I woke up- and you weren't--" Daehwi was recognized as the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter