Chapter 7 - First Mate

Catalyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Mate. Mate. Mate'

The word replays itself over and over in Daehwi's mind until it hits him that the girl in front of him- his mate- has one of her arteries cut open and is forcing blood out of her lungs. His body is paralyzed with fear, he knows that he can heal her and yet his legs are failing him. As another wave of Jisoo's scent drifts over his nose his body allows movement. He immediately meets with Jisoo's side before laying her flat on her back before placing his hands on her stomach and emitting a strong green glow from his palms and fingertips.

Jisoo's sputtering ceases to be heard as a darkness completely takes over her. She hears movement around her whilst not seeing nor feeling anything going on. Muffled cries are emitted from Daehwi's mouth as he looks at his sleeves drenched in his mate's blood Not wanting to smell her tormenting scent anymore or seeing the results of the boys who beat her to the ground he lifted the blood out of her clothes and off the floor before disintegrating it into nothing. The cut on Jisoo's stomach was deep and no matter how much Daehwi wanted to heal her he could only stop the bleeding for as long as he focused on her intently.

He plucked his phone from his pocket as his gaze shifted away from the body sprawled out on the floor in front of him. He scrolled through his contacts before he reached the name of a friend he trusted more than the others. 'Bae Jinyoung' He immediately dialed the number calling him whilst tapping leaning down to Jisoo and guiding a few strands of hair away from her face. After a few rings, Jinyoung picked up. And although they were in a group with the most influential HiCaste members of the school them two were different. They were not born a part of the HiCaste. Daehwi was adopted into a family when he was a baby and Jinyoung was adopted into the same family at the age of 3 a couple of years after Daehwi. They were not brothers by blood but were brothers in the sense of family.

"Hey Dae what u--" Jinyoung said as he picked up

"Please come and help-- I'm In the gym come quickly, please. And don't tell the others about this I'm begging you" Daehwi said quickly down the phone line cutting Jinyoung off.

"What? Why?"

"Plea~s~e, Just come," Daehwi said with his voice quivering at every word spoken. Daehwi ended the call turning his attention back to his unconscious mate lay on the floor. She had lost a lot of blood and it was clear for everyone to see. The metallic smell of blood had gone completely from the air and Daehwi could no longer smell his mate's original scent. He had now moved to sit next to her tucking his knees into his chest and holding onto them with both arms. His feet were tapping the wooden floor anxiously waiting for his friend to arrive.

"What the--" Jinyoung said as he moved quickly towards a shaking Daehwi and an unconscious Jisoo. "Isn't this that OutCaste girl that Daniel told us about?" He said making Daehwi scowl and narrow his eyes at his friend.

"Yes..." Daehwi said losing his scowl to look expressionless once again. "Help her," Daehwi said with pleading eyes which confused the hell out of Jinyoung.

"Can't you just heal her?" Jinyoung said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Don't you think if I could you wouldn't be here, I need help bringing her to the hospital, and you're the only one I trust. Okay?" Jinyoung rubbed the back of his neck before agreeing to help Daehwi. They lifted the girl up onto Jinyoung's back where he carried her out of the school gates. It was the mid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter