Chapter 17 - Daniel

Catalyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The white room was painful to see from his eyes. he had a tube running out of his arm and a mask placed over his mouth and nose giving him a fresh supply of oxygen to breathe in. He sat up groaning as if his bones had been fixed in the same position with tape. He yanked the clip that measured his pulse off of his finger letting the machine flatline and he sat up further letting his legs dangle over the edge of the bed. 

Within a few seconds, a nurse had rushed in the room expecting to see the patient that had been lay there dead but instead, she was greeted with a boy pulling the various needles and tube out of his arms and disconnecting the wires that led to his chest. She ran over to him and gently pushed him back onto the bed but he moved her hand away and continued to get off of the mattress. He placed his feet on the cold stone floor and led himself to the door using the support bars attached to the walls. He slid open the door and stood out into the corridor. 

Minhyun immediately stood up from his sitting position and rushed over to Daniel pressing his palms on the latter's cheeks. Who stood still in amazement at the guy in front of him who had never once engaged in skinship with others even though they saw him as the 'dad'. Guanlin was laid down on the bench outside the room sleeping in a fetal position with his knees tucked into his chest.

"Are you okay?" Minhyun asked pulling away his hands staring into Daniels' eyes with a worried expression. "You shouldn't be out of bed, go back please," He said pushing him back towards the room pulling the door closed behind them. The nurse had already left and it was just the two of them there.

"Why do you look so worried?" Daniel said sitting back down on the bed but not lying. 

"Are you kidding me, you've been asleep for 3 days and Daehwi found you guys on the floor in a side corridor after lunch," Minhyun said aggressively but not loud enough to be heard out of the room."

"You said us," 

"That doesn't matter right now, you've been in a coma for 3 days the others were worried you know, you were freezing cold, it's unusual for your body to be at a normal temperature so you can't imagine how scared Jisung was about you,"

"You said US," Daniel said yet again.

"You and Jisoo, Daehwi is with her now,"

"Let me see her, where is she?" Daniel said holding onto Minhyun's hand as if pleading.

"She woke up earlier but she still can't move around, you woke up two hours later and is able to walk straight away. What happened to you guys?"

"I don't know, I was about to burn her but it spiraled and then I passed out. Please, let me see her," He said looking hopefully at his older friend. Minhyun sighed before nodding and guiding Daniel out of the door. They left the floor of the hospital they were on as well as Guanlin who was asleep on the bench outside the room and walked off into another department of the hospital. They walked into the Haematology department and into the wards opposite the labs into a single room.

Once Daniel had walked into the room he saw Jisoo lay on the bed asleep. Her face was pale and there were beads of sweat on her forehead. Daehwi was by her side sat on a chair with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter