Chapter 6 - Shaken

Catalyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her uncle had laid her down and lay himself next to her still hugging her and supporting her head in his hands. She knew she wasn't going to get to sleep that night but she continued to be enveloped in her uncle's arms as she knew it was a comfort for him to have her this close. The sun could be seen rising in through the windows of her room and she quickly slipped her body out of her uncle's embrace and hopped off the end of the bed. She walked into the bathroom where she turned the shower on and let the water run down her before letting the water glide over her face. 

The refreshing sensation woke her up more even though she had never gotten to sleep. 'Zelo' the name slipped off of her tongue and out of it sent warm shivers up her spine more comforting than the embrace of her uncle. She stood in the cold shower for a long time before washing herself and patting down with a towel. When she peeked her head out into her room she noticed her uncle was no longer on the bed and she stepped out to gather some clothes for that day.

Jisoo pulled on a black t-shirt and blue denim shorts she layered her top with an oversized green dress shirt. She wore brown lensed glasses to hide the lack of sleep present in the bags underneath her eyes and prominent dark circles after she covered the bruises still present on her face in makeup. She stepped out into the kitchen and ate breakfast with Changwook in silence. He wanted to ask her about what her dream was but he knew best than to intrude on her life and didn't want to risk another session of calming her down like last night in her sleep. 

Thankfully by the time Jisoo go to school, her mind had stopped replaying the same name over and over and now replaced with thoughts of how Daniel would treat her along with the rest of his friends. She could imagine the endless and merciless teasing of simply who she is and what rank is her's in society.

After she sat down in whatever class she had at that time she became absolutely consumed in her own thought and what she would do with her dreams. She remembered what Axis had said about the surfacing of things hidden within her own being and that what she was seeing in her own dreams may be her past or memories that were hidden from remembrance or sight.

She hadn't noticed it but Jisoo had sat there for a long time before the teacher called on her "Jisoo-- Han Jisoo," Her teacher spoke loudly but not yet shouting. Jisoo snapped out of her daze and turned to the teacher at the front. It was her homeroom teacher Woobin, at this moment she realized that she had sat through 2 hours without listening to a word of anyone around her including the teachers. 

"Yes Woobin," She said looking back at her homeroom teacher. who cleared his throat before continuing

"As I was saying, You are required to sign up for 2 or more extracurricular clubs as standard. The school makes sure that everyone within your grade complies with this so don't try to get out of it, Signing up must be completed before the end of the day," He tapped a stack of paper on the table lining them up before walking out of the room just as bluntly as usual. Jisoo sighed and rested her head on her desk and closing her eyes.

"What's got you so tired?" She heard and immediately realized whom the voice belonged to, Seongwoo. She opened her eyes with the only purpose of rolling them at him. He chuckled when she did so before resting his elbow on the table and laying his head in his hand. "I've heard some things from Daniel, I guessed that you were below us but I never guessed that an OutCaste could manage to get into this school," He said smirking just as arrogantly as is possible. Jisoo didn't respond and turned her head on the desk to look the other side.

At the turn of her head, she felt a grip on her shoulder and a wave of nausea smack over her. She fell to the floor on her hands and knees dry wretching as she heard multiple laughs. She turned her head to see she was no longer in the classroom b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter