Chapter 9 - Vindication

Catalyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are you?"

"The hospital,"

Jinyoung arrived quickly back at the hospital only managing to receive muffled cries down the phone line and unrecognizable sentences. He raced through the hospital getting to Daehwi who was sat in the same room leaned up against the bed. He had been shaking ever since Jisoo had walked out. Jinyoung looked at his friend who had stained his clothes with tears and tears still flowed out of Daehwi's eyes constantly. Jinyoung walked up to Daehwi who now could be heard muttering things inaudibly. He placed a hand on his shoulder which makes Daehwi jump backward before he looked up to see him almost scared at the crumpled mess he had become.

"Jin-young, I messed up, I didn't mean to, I promise," Daehwi stuttered not really making full sense to the boy in front of him. Who had pulled him into a hug to comfort him.

"Calm down first, Okay? tell me in a bit," Jinyoung said patting his friend's shoulder. Daehwi after a few minutes started to slow his breathing and the number of tears leaking out decreased. "Can you talk now?" Jinyoung said pulling away from his friend placing both hands on his shoulders. Daehwi nodded hesitantly rubbing his eyes that were already puffy and red.

"When I woke up she wasn't there, I was worried beyond your imagination and she walked back into the room so I hugged her without even thinking about it. Once I realized what I was doing I backed away and tried to apologize. She told me that she knew who she was to me and I freaked out on her asking why she didn't tell me. And- and." Daehwi was on the verge of another breakdown but Jinyoung spoke breaking Daehwi's train of thought which would have led to that.

"Who is she to you?" Jinyoung questioned picking up on what Daehwi had just said.

"I can't tell you, No. I can't ever tell you," Daehwi said looking at Jinyoung with a deadly glare "I don't know why I called you here, you could never understand," He said breaking free of Jinyoung's grip completely. He took a step backward before moving around of Jinyoung out of the hospital room.He moved along the well-lit corridor to the reception area and placed his wrist on the scanner paying quickly for the surgery and room that inhabited Jisoo.

Jinyoung was shocked at the least by his friend's action. They both had grown up together in a Caste that wasn't theirs from birth. Jinyoung had to adapt most as he had memories of another place a lower place in society and was taught that he was higher. Having experienced some of the other places he became more arrogant than Daehwi but not as arrogant as the others like Daniel or Seong-woo. Jinyong knew he needed to go after Daehwi otherwise his relationship with him could be damaged permanently. He felt things for this girl and Jinyoung didn't understand. Even a crush couldn't make sense of his behavior how his mood changes so quickly.

Jinyoung sprinted out of the room down the corridor but Daehwi had already moved. Jinyoung didn't know how to reach Daehwi so he reached him through a mind link established when the two were young.

'Daehwi. Where are you? Please let's just talk,'  Daewhi was ignoring the message and Jinyoung knew he could hear it. 'Come on where are you?'

'Leave me alone. Let me be alone.' Daehwi finally replied letting Jinyoung release the breath he was holding in.

' I can't do that, you know that. Come on talk to me. Trust me.'

'Not with her brother. Not about her.'

'Why? Just tell me why?'

'She's... She's my mate.'

~Jisoo~*NO POV*

As soon as she walked out of the hospital she just kept walking with no direction. She didn't know Glass at all. Hell, she didn't know anything other than the school and the apartment because Changwook would take her around in a car. She had no phone any money and no idea where she was. And yet ending up in the middle of nowhere seemed better than the prospect of going back to the hospital facing her mate again who enraged her so much. He saw things not even Jisoo likes to see.

She walked out of the wealthy district into the mixed background district named 'Charter Hill' MidCaste and HiCaste live here meaning it is relatively safe. The people around Jisoo were looking at her strangely and that is when she realized she was barefoot walking on stone ground with a few cuts on the sides of her feet. That is when the pain and cold registered in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter