Chapter 1 - Family outing

Catalyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please don't, I beg you," Was the last thing Jisoo said before her father's hand collided with her cheek for the seventh time in a short period. "Maybe we should have aborted you, What were we expecting from a girl, you won't even have any powers and are only another mouth to feed in this family," Her father stumbled backward before grabbing hold of the whiskey bottle on the counter and downing a considerable amount of the brown liquid. Jisoo backed up and turned her head slightly to the side expecting another hit on her face when a foot collided into her stomach and she  out.

Jisoo woke up to the steady movement of a car and she immediately clutched her stomach and let out a very quiet whine. A man looked at her from the driver's seat and smiled. "You're up," He said before turning back ahead to look at the road. She widened her eyes for a minute wondering what she was doing and realized the man in front was, in fact, her uncle Changwook. He was very good looking and wore his hair in a comma style. He wore a green jumper and black jeans. From what Jisoo can remember Changwook doesn't get along well with her father or that side of the family at all for reasons quite obvious due to the fact they were absolutely crazy and abusive.

"I think it would be best for you to stay with me for the time being," He said as he tapped on the screen of the car putting on some quiet music. Jisoo started to smile uncontrollably at what he had said."Thank you," Was all she managed to say before she was smiling again. "Why didn't you call me sooner about this, I would have picked you up then and there. When I saw you unconscious in the living room I didn't know what to do, I don't want to see my niece like that again," he said turning to look at he and focusing on the road at the same time. Jisoo looked around the car to see it completely empty and so she could only wonder. "I know that it probably isn't the best time to ask, but what about clothes and I'm still legally living with them," Jisoo said frowning slightly.

"I know it's not the best situation but you cannot move house as a Locaste and might have to cut off your rights to live as an Outcaste. As for clothes, we could stop at the mall on the way back to mine," He said with some worry in his voice. Jisoo knew that being an Outcaste with no rights in society was better than living with her family and she would rather live with her uncle who was an Exec for a high up company. I noticed our surroundings were becoming more developed as we entered the city. Just as the city was coming into view Changwook pulled over the car and turned around to look at Jisoo. "Before we go closer. You do know how to turn your scent off don't you?" Jisoo nodded before continuing driving. "You are gonna need to use that when we are out, most people don't like humans in the city and you smell strong like one due to what you are."

Jisoo still had the corners of turned up as she was away from the family that had tormented her for so long. Her seven brothers would torment her verbally but never laid a hand on her which she was glad at because her father and mother were fairly happy to make up for her brothers lack causing physical pain. "We're going to be there soon," Changwook said whilst continuing to drive "In the pocket in front of you there is a mask, you should wear it," he said whilst patting the pocket on the seat without looking back. "Why do I need to wear it?" She said before looking in the mirror."Oh," it showed her bruised face, one of her eyes was swollen but could be covered by her hair which had been kept fairly nice considering the situation. He swollen eye was colored red on the white part where the blood had surfaced. That would take around a week to leave without a  trace and yet the cuts on her jawline from her fathers' rings were deep enough to leave a scar if not treated.

Jisoo awed at the city and how everything seemed to have its perfect place. both her and her uncle stepped out of the car once it had been parked and stepped into the elevator. "You should turn your scent off now," Changwook said. Jisoo turned her scent off without much struggle as the elevator kept going up. "Keep your emotions in check, so it doesn't accidentally get , Ok?" He said placing a hand on her shoulder as they reached their desired floor. "What sort of mall is this anyway?" Jisoo said whilst adjusting the straps on her mask and stepping out of the elevator.

The mall was massive each level dedicated to a different thing. One to technology, One to beauty, One to clothes and shoes, and one to supplies for literally anything. She gaped at this variety nothing she could ever get near the confines of her previous residence which she was barely ever allowed to leave. Changwook smiled at her reaction and led her to a tech store where he met an employee which he seemed to know to be taken into the back with Jisoo.

"Why are you here ~wook," The employee stated. "I need someone to downcaste my niece, Minho, so if you wouldn't mind," Jisoo wasn't surprised at this since the conversation in the car took place. "Ok, but why?" Jongsuk stated. "You don't need to know anything further than she won't be living with her family anymore," Jongsuk looked over to Jisoo as if to confirm Changwook's statement to which she nodded with a smile. Jongsuk led her to a table where he placed her wrist onto a metal plate lighting up the chip in her arm-- which everyone has (Including the Outcastes) it cannot affect the body or mind in any way, it is simply a form of identification.-- Jongsuk pressed the screen a few times before Jisoo jumped back a bit from a shock in her arm. Jongsuk smiled a little bit and apologized with a bow before Changwook grasped Jisoo's small arm and led her out of the tech shop.

"Okay, now that's done, we can go shopping for real," He said with a grin. "Let's go get you some clothes first," He said as he leads Jisoo into the shop, everything there Jisoo noticed was organized into color and size making it very easy to find something to wear. "Let's try these on," Changwook said after he had returned with a small-ish pile of clothes. Changwook seemed way more excited to be buying clothes for Jisoo than Jisoo was herself. "I enrolled you into school by the way when you were getting dressed, it's a good one in the area and because I'm an Exec you got accepted immediately," Changwook was exclaiming using a whole lot of hand gestures.

"Thanks?" Jisoo said in more of the way of a question rather than a statement."Your welcome," Changwook said not noticing the tone of her voice. Jisoo was worried about what people would think of her coming from a Locaste family becoming an Outcaste and then living with her Uncle who was an Exec for a company who managed to get her into the school by influence. Not many people in the city and those that were probably had better lives that she would have ever had. She tried to push those thoughts to the back of her mind before continuing to listening to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter