07.

Memories


Yuan's POV 

we are currently in a barbeque house. Mr. Wang said that we will have a celebration because the deal with the investors was a success. 

"what do you guys want? order as you like, its on me. this in my treat to all of you for all of your hard work" he smiled to us causing my co-workers to cheer loudly. 

I was just watching them quietly as they ordered their food when someone sitted beside me. I looked up to see who is was but to my surprise, its Mr. Wang. 

"why aren't you ordering?" 

"u-uhm.. I'll order once they are done" i smiled at him sheepishly but he handed me the menu. he wasn't saying anything, just staring but his stares is like saying "order now or i will order for you" 

i just grabbed the menu and ordered my food. when i was done ordering, i saw him smile at me victoriously. 


after our meal, my coworkers asked if they can drink and guess what? Mr. Wang said okay and now im stuck in the room full of drunk people. 

one by one they left until there are only 5 of us. 

"Yuan, we'll be going now okay? please take Mr. Wang home." 

"h-huh?! wait I---"

before I can finish what will i say, they already left. leaving the two of us alone. I looked at Mr. Wang who was sleeping, I sigh before helping him to stand up. 

----------

the cab stops in front of my house. i grabbed my wallet and pay the driver. I decided to bring Mr. Wang home because I don't know where he lives, don't get the wrong idea okay? 

I opened the door to my bedroom while Mr. Wang is still leaning on my body for support. when we reached the bed, I quickly layed him down and remove his shoes and putting the blanket to him. 

"I guess I'll be sleeping on the sofa today" I sigh, standing up. I was about to leave when i heard mumbling.

"promise me... you'll...never leave... hng.. yuan.." he mumbled to sleep. My eyes widens at what I heard. 

did I heard it right? Yuan? he called me..

I stared at him as he go back to sleep peacefully. I shaked my thoughts away.

"I must be just hearing things because im tired..yeah. just hearing things. there's no way that he'll call me right?" i whispered to myself. leaving the room, going down stairs to sleep. 

 

"ugh!! why cant I sleep?!" I tossed around the sofa. I've been laying here for 15 minutes but im still awake. i bring my body up so i was sitting on the sofa while hugging my knees. I suddenly remember what Mr. Wang mumbles to his sleep. 

i can't be wrong. it's clear that he called my name.. and the phrase that he said. why does it sound so familiar.. where did i hear that? 

"Promise me that you'll never leave okay?" 

"stay with me always okay?!" 

"promise me that you'll never forget me, no matter what happen!" 

"ARGH!!" I clutched my head when a sudden flash of memory flashed through my mind. I gasp in pain, still holding my head.

after a few minutes i calmed down and the pain on my head lessen. I layed on the sofa, pulling the blanket on my body.

"i shouldn't force myself to remember.." i said to myself, falling asleep.