10.

Memories


Jun kai's POV 

"thank you for making me food, it's really delicious" grinning at him while we wash the dishes. I only heard his snickered and he continue to wash. I nudged him repeatedly causing him to halt to what he was doing and glared at me, i quickly put on my puppy face and i saw him suppressing a smile. 

"im serious here but you don't believe me" 

"ugh. stop with that puppy look okay? i believe you and you're welcome" 

i smiled widely when yuan said that, watching him putting away the clean plates to their places. we grabbed some drinks from the fridge and settled down in the living room, watching ramdom channels are we drink. 

as hour passes by, we talked about lots of things. laughing together while making funny jokes or making fun of what we are watching. we are already at our 4th bottle of beer and yuan's face started to get reddish, indicating that he's getting drunk. I watched him as he tells me stories, i watched how his eyes twinkles when he laughs, letting out laughs that sounds like a melody to my ears. i watched how bright he is when he smile, all my attention to him and forgetting about the surroundings. 

i was disturbed from my own world when he poked me. 

"tell me some story. Its always me whose always been sharing stories the whole time. you are so unfair"

yuan said as he pouts. i gathered all of my control to stop myself from reaching his face and kiss him and thank God that i managed to stop myself for doing that. 

i laughed at him and nod my head, drinking the bottle of beer that im holding while facing him. 

"when I was a kid, there's a boy younger than me who lives beside our house. that boy is quiet, shy and gentle, always hiding behind the tree and only looking at he while i play. there's one time that i saw him hiding behind the tree again so i did something to make him come out. i run away, hiding. i saw him come out looking confused and looking around. i came out of the bushes, shouting causing him to stumble and fall on his " i paused when i heard his giggling, smiling that he was happy. 

I'm happy that you are happy hearing our story.. but I'll be happier if you can remember me. i thought to myself. 

"I saw winced in pain and looking at his hands. he looked up to me with tears at the corner of his eyes, biting his lips to stop himself from crying. i panicked a little and went to him, i grabbed his hands and saw that he had a scraped his hand because of the fall. i don't know what to do so i pulled him up and carry him to my back and run to our house. my mom scolded me and i said sorry to him, ever since that happened, he never hides behind the trees again. he was always playing with me, always together and we'll just separate until its only time to go home" i stopped for a moment to drink some of my beer. 

"wow the two of you are so close. maybe he is weak and thin to bruise himself that easily hahaha" yuan tells me after drinking his beer. i smiled sadly at him and nod my head. 

yeah.. you are really thin and weak when we were kids. until now you are still the same.. i said to myself. 

"continue your story now please? i still want to hear the story of you and your childhood friend" yuan grins at me, i laughed at his eagerness and nods my head. 

"one time we were laying under the shade of the tree, enjoying how the clouds passed by when he suddenly got up and asked me to make a promise with him and i agree" 

"what promise did he asked you to make?" yuan asked me, curious. 

can't you remember our promise? i want to say to yuan. 

"he said that i should promise that we'll never separate and i agreed, in return I asked him to promise not to forget me whatever happens... until one day. i went to his house because its been 3 days since he came out and played but when i get there, I juust found out that they don't live there anymore, saying that they already moved out 3 days ago." i looked down and smiled sadly. 

"where did he go? are you still trying to find him? or you know where he is? are you still talking to him?" yuan bombarded me with questions, sadness visible in his voice. 

"I just found him and yes, he's talking to me.." i replied to yuan. i saw his face lit up when he heard my answer. 

"really?! is he happy to see you? tell me quickly!" he said happily while shaking the sleeves of my shirt.

my heart hurts. i want to tell him that he is the boy in my story.. i want to ask why did he leave me but i can't. because i know that he can't remember me..

yuan stops his movements when he saw my expression.

"is.. is he not happy to see you?" 

"he forgotten about me.. he lost his memories in an accident.." i whispered.

there's a moment of silence between the two of us until i felt his hands touches my face. yuan was looking at me with sad eyes, i felt his thumbs wiping my eyes. 

am i really crying? i thought to myself. 

yuan hugs me tightly close to his chest, patting my back while whispering soothing words. i relaxed in his arms as i hug him back, closing my eyes for a moment as i let myself be engulfed by the darkness.