17.

Memories

Jun Kai's  POV

 

"I've got something to tell you " I said, the smile leaving my face.

I saw his face, nervousness showing on his eyes, gulping down before opening his mouth

"Me too! I've got something to ask" he shouted back. 

He took a deep breath before taking a step towards me. He continued to walk, getting closer and closer. I can feel my heart pounding stronger each time he take a step closer to me, I wan yuan to stop and stay where he is. 

I don't want you to step closer towards me, I'm afraid that I can't control my feelings.

My breath was caught when I was that yuan was already in front of me, only three steps away from my reach and I can feel a lump forming inside my throat. 

"I.." 

"Let me ask you.." yuan cuts me off, whispering his words but loud enough for me to hear.

I didn't talk as a sign of agreement. he lifts his head and looked into my eyes. I want to turn away and avoid his eyes but there's something in his eyes that makes me stay, making me look back at him. 

"Have you known me for a long time?" 

My eyes widened at his question, i felt my blood run cold, my inside is trembling. I stood frozen at my spot, looking at him with my eyes wide open. I tried to open my mouth but words can't come out, i am lost. 

"answer me. Have you known me for a long time?" He repeated. His voice is soft but his eyes are telling something. Eyes that was begging. eyes that was seeking for an answer. 

I averted my gaze, still not answering him.

"Please.. answer me." He said once again. His voice was trembling.

"I-I..,no" I lied. His eyes widens, lips trembling and tears forming on the corner of his eyes. 

"hmm. s-sorry for asking you. I-I.." He tried to smile as tears started to fall off his eyes. Yuan quickly wipe his tears away, covering his mouth with his right hand. He gestured that he will go back to the hotel with his free hand and he started to wake away,  both hands clasping over his mouth.

I stood there frozen watching yuan's figure moving further away from me. I want to run after him, I want to stop him and hugging him but my body wouldn't move. I stood on the same spot until I can no longer see yuan's figure.

"Why did you have to lie to him, Wang Jun Kai?" i whispered to myself, bowing my head down. My vision started to get blurry as I felt my cheeks get wet by hot tears. I covered my eyes as i let the tears flow, not making any move to wipe it away, letting it flow as I let my heart cry out.

 

 

Yuan's POV

I continued to walk and walk until i reached the hotel, I didn't give a single glance to the staff that was greeting me and i know that people are giving me stares but I don't care. I just want to go back to our room and lay on my bed. 

I saw on the tiny screen on the elevator that I arrived on my floor, quickly getting out and running towards our room. I grab the keys from my pocket and fumbles as I open the door and shutting it with a loud bang. Running towards my room, not bothering to remove my shoes or hang my coat. I leaned my back on the door and with a deep breath, I slide down the floor, hugging my knees close to my chest. 

I stood up and walk towards my bed, slowly laying my body on the soft mattress as I cover myself with the warmness of the comforter, recalling his words.

"I-I.. no." 

I bite my lips as i feel it trembling and my eyes getting blurry with tears. I muffled my sobs with my free hand, hugging myself while thinking about the conversation earlier.  

How can he deny it?  Why did he lie to me? all I need is an answer..

thoughts and question kept running on my mind as i close my eyes, silently crying myself to sleep letting the darkness of the room engulfed me.

 

Jun Kai's POV

(guys listen to the song my heart is calling by Kim Dong Wook) 

I gulped down the drink that I was holding, I lost count how many glass of whiskey I had already drink. 

"Another glass of Whiskey please" I pushed my glass forward to the bartender and slumped my body on the counter, staring into the crowd, thinking about him.

The bartender gave me a glass of whiskey once again and i quickly gulped it down, putting the glass on the counter with a loud bang. I pulled out my phone from inside the coat and scroll through the photos and stopped at the photo of him.  

the one i secretly took earlier.

I smiled a bittersweet smile, looking at his photo, him smiling wide, eyes shining with genuine happiness.  

How can I lie to such person?

I asked for another glass and gulped it down, not minding that my head is turning to hurt and my vision starting to turn. 

all of the sudden, yuan's begging eyes and crying face flashed through my mind. his wide eyes full of tears, his trembling lips and his vanishing figure. 

"I'm sorry for not telling the truth.. I-I.." i whisper but my words turns incoherent as tears started to fall down. 

What should I do? I hurt him..

I bite my bottom lip to stop the sobs that was trying to come out. 

I want to run to him, to stop him and hug him but I didn't, I let him walk away with tears.

I want to tell him everything, I want to tell him how much I love him but I can't.

I do not have the courage, I do not have the guts. 

I do not want to lose him again.

i put my head down on the counter and closed my eyes with yuan's crying face still plastered on my mind.