12.

Memories


Yuan's POV 

"then.. I'll be heading out first. I'll just take a---"

"no, stay here and use my shower" jun kai said to me. 

"e-eh? but i still need to change my clothes" 

Jun kai grins at me before disappearing to his bedroom. after a minute of silence, i was startled with the crashing sound inside his bedroom. 

"h-hey! what happened?!" i shouted from the living room. 

what the hell is he doing? did he hurt himself?! 

i stand up and was about to run inside the room when jun kai suddenly came out, panting and holding some clothes while smiling at me. 

"here. a set of clothes, I've never worn it before since i bought it. you can take a shower now haha" jun kai said as he pants. 

i glared at him and walked towards him, hitting him on his shoulders causing him to hissed in pain. 

"h-hey! that hurts." he glares at me whqile rubbing his arms. i snatched the clothes from him and hurriedly walk to the bathroom, shutting the door loudly. I leaned my back on the door, touching my cheeks. 

why are you blushing again wang yuan? ugh.. he's just... kind and too friendly! yeah. too kind and too friendly and too hands-down shut up!!

i shook my head and put the clothes down beside the sink. pulling my clothes and folding them neatly before getting in the shower.


Jun kai's POV 

what the heck is he doing inside the bathroom? he was the first to take a shower but i was the one to get out first.. 

"yuan! how long will you take to finish preparing?" i shouted, whining lightly. 

I heard him shout something and after a minute, i heard the bathroom lock opens and he comes out. 

"you look cute..." i blurted out. my eyes widened when i realized that i talked to myself too loud. yuan's cheeks turns red, covering his face with his arms. i can feel my face heating up as the awkward atmosphere around envelops us. both of us are blushing and no one dares to talk but i can't take the awkwardness anymore, deciding to break the silence. 

"a-are you done? l-let's get going now." i said to him as he nods his head as his reply. 

we were silent the whole trip, the awkward atmosphere around us is so uncomfortable, almost killing me. 

you're so stupid wang jun kai for blurting out ugh..

"where are we going?" yuan suddenly speaks without looking at me. 

"uhm to a shop. im also visiting the owner of the shop" 

i saw him nod at my rearview, smiling lightly as we arrived at our destination. yuan was the one who got out first and enters the shop, i followed him inside after i parked the car. when i got inside, i saw yuan looking at the piano. his fingers lightly touching the keys with his eyes sparkling. 

does he still know how to play the piano? 

"oh! it's you!" i heard a voice from behind. when i turned my head I saw the owner of the shop, i smiled at him as I walk towards him, hugging him. 

"old man, how have you been? its been years since i saw you. how's the business?" i asked him when i pulled back from the back. 

"aya, don't call me that. call me grandpa wu you rascal. im doing great. the shop is also great despite being only a few years old. the shop on Chongqing is doing well also. did you come with someone?" 

i smiled at him as i nod my head, "hey!" i said, attracting yuan's attention. he smiled brightly and greeted the old man. I saw grandpa wu's shocked face for a second before he greeted yuan back, returning the smiled. he looked at me with a shocked expression still visible in his face. 

"jun kai. is he...?" he started but i cut him off with my humming. i was afraid that yuan might here our conversation. grandpa wu gave me a knowing look. 

"yuan, wait here for a minute okay? I'll just talk with him" i said to yuan who nods his head. 

grandpa wu and i walks to the counter. 

"how?" he said to me. 

"he's working in my company but grandpa.. he doesn't remember me." i stated as i smiled sadly to grandpa wu. I saw how his expression changed. I know he wants to know because the word "how" is written all over his face. 

"he told me that he had an accident. he received a blow on the head causing his memories to be gone.." 

"oh.. t-that's.." grandpa seems lost in his words. i chuckled at him as i pat his shoulder. 

when i got back to yuan, he was till looking at the piano. 

"do you know how to play it?" he jumps when he heard my voice. 

"gosh.. don't give me a heart attack. i know. c-can i play it?" 

i was surprised with his answer. he doesn't forget about how to play the piano? 

i shaked my thoughts away, giving him a nod as an approval. his face brightens when as he eagerly sits on the chair, positioning to play the piano but he stops. glancing on my way as he smiles. 

"when i was a kid my mom enrolled me to a music class and there i learned the piano. she told me that before the incident I already knoe how to play the piano and I composed a song. today I'll play you a song. you'll be the first one to hear it!" he smiled brightly as he started playing. 

the familiar melody fills my ears as the surrounding suddenly feels warm. the sunlight casting over yuan, making his eyes shine brightly, making him look like an angel. memories came flashing back on my head. 


--flashback--


"i have a present for you"

"really? where is it?"

"its not a thing! it's a song. i made a song for you!" 

"really?! can you play it for me?"

"of course. you'll be the first one to hear it!" 


--flashback ends--


"h-hey.. why are you tearing up? is it not good?" i was pulled back from my own thoughts when yuan speaks, looking sad. my eyes widened and i quickly shake my head. 

"n-no! it's really beautiful. it made me tear up. you really are great" i quickly said, smiling when his face lit up. he smiled widely and giggles at me. 

i look at him fondly as he plays random songs on the piano. 

it's okay even if you don't remember me, all that matter is I have you on my side again.