14.

Memories


Yuan's POV 

we spent the whole trip in silence, well not totally. we only had some few exchange of words and then we're back to being silent. I was still thinking about the picture that I saw on Jun kai's Ipad. wondering why that photo exist.

could it be. . . . we siblings that was separated?!  what the heck wang yuan? are you crazy?! that's impossible. 

maybe we are childhood friends? but why can't i remember him? maybe we are my friends before the incident happen? or... not?. 

as we spend the car ride in silence, I tried to remember things after the incident happen. trying to recall if he was part of my life before that tragedy happened. trying to figure things out but the only result that i got was my head hurting. 

I grunt, holding my head because of the sudden pain that striked me. Jun kai was alerted when he heard my painful moan, he grabs my arm with eyes full of concern. 

"what happened? are you okay?" 

still holding my head, i answered him with silence. 

"does your head hurt?" he ask once again. 

I nod my head as he leaned my body towards his, settling me on his chest. I can feel his fast heartbeat and his warmness is soothing my pain away. He told me to close my eyes and have a rest, saying that he'll be there. As I closes my eyes, I heard him talking in english, saying to the driver to drive faster. The warm feeling of Jun kai's body is slowly warming up my whole body then i felt the darkness slowly engulfed me. 


Jun kai's POV 

The whole trip yuan was silent and he was not like his usual self. he was spacing out and he was silent, like he was in deep thoughts. Even right now, he was just gazing outside the window and not uttering a word. 

does he have a problem?

it's hard for me to see him like that. I'm worried about him but I'm afraid to approach him, I'm afraid to be rejected by him. 

Am I his problem? maybe he doesn't want to be on this trip with me... 

I still in deep thought when I heard him moaned in pain, catching my attention as I saw him hold his head. I drop my phone and move closer to him, holding his arm as I tried to suppress my emotions but I know that concern is visible in my eyes. 

"what happened? are you okay?" I asked yuan as i cradle him in my chest but he didn't answer, still holding his head. 

I grab his shoulder and leaned his body to mine. Holding him close to my chest. 

I hope he won't feel my fast heartbeat..

As I was holding him into my arms, I told yuan to rest and sleep. I'll be taking care of him and he shouldn't be worried. I took a glance down at him and saw him slowly closing his eyes. I ask the driver if he can drive a little bit faster so we'll arrive much faster to our hotel and thank god that he agreed. 

----------------

after 20 minutes drive, we arrived at our hotel. I was about to wake yuan up but I saw how peacefully he was sleeping. instead, i asked for a bellboy to get our luggages. the bellboy was about to leave but i grab his arm. 

"wait. can you do me a favor?" I ask him. 

"what is it, Mr. Wang?" 

"Can you please get our key card and open it for us?" 

"of course Mr. Wang." The guy said as he bows his head and left. 

I went back to the car to get yuan, lifting him bridal-style. careful and slow, afraid to wake him up from his peaceful slumber. I take steps carefully inside the hotel, staffs bowing their heads as we entered. I smile and nod my head as we made our way to the elevator. 

after a good 3 minutes, we arrived at our floor and i quickly but carefully walk towards our room. I saw the bellboy and thank him before he went out. I went inside the room on the left part of the suite, still holding yuan on my arms. I was struggling to open the door because of having my arms occupied by the sleeping yuan, I still managed to open it. I walk inside the bedroom, walking to the bed side and use my right foot to kick the comforter. Carefully placing yuan on the bed, I heard him whimper but after a second he was back to his dreamland. I smiled to myself as I look at him. 

you really are beautiful, yuan. 

I untied his shoe lace and slowly remove his shoes, leaving his socks on and placing the shoes under the bedside table. I walked towards the windows and closed the curtains, protecting yuan from the sunlight. I opened the bedside lamp to give the room some light, fixing the comforter and covering yuan's body. Sitting next to the sleeping yuan, I let my fingers brush his bangs, away from his eyes. I sigh and stood up ready to leave but I stop on my tracks, turning around and bending down, leaving a gentle kiss on his forehead. 

"sleepwell, little rabbit" i whisper, walking towards the door and leaving the room.