please

Don't look at me with those eyes

Yerin stretched her arms, careful not to jostle the girl sleeping next to her. Surprisingly, she was okay with letting SinB sleep in the same bed as her.

Eating her meds, she took a breath before taking her secondary meds. Last time when she woke up and only taking primary meds nearly cost her, her life if not for Sowon running in.

She rubbed her stomach before grumbling lightly, moving to the bathroom to get ready for her day.

SinB wiggled around a bit before opening her eyes, reaching over to where Yerin had slept. Noticing that she was no longer there, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. For SinB, shifting to a puppy was easier than shifting from a puppy to human. It was also much more comfortable for her to fall asleep in puppy form than as a human, it was easier for her to ask Yerin to rub her head after all. Yes, she had a sleeping quirk, to fall asleep, she needed someone to rub her head for her until she fell asleep.

“Ek!!!”

SinB jumped in response to Yerin’s scream, turning around she found the older girl covering her face, her ears bright red.

“Do you always have to be without clothes?”

SinB glanced down before pulling the blanket up to cover herself.

“When I shift I don’t have clothes, you better get used to it.”

Yerin let out a groan before throwing new clothes in SinB’s direction.

“Let’s go for a walk, I want to visit the lake park.”

SinB nodded and put on her clothes, something inside her caused her some concern but she brushed it off as a passing gut feeling.

“Are we going to have a picnic?”

“How can you tell?”

“I smell burnt ham.”

Yerin let out another eep before running to save her ham. She was quickly making ham and egg sandwiches for their lunch picnic and put out some crackers for breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin happily walked around the park, SinB tailing her around, holding the picnic basket. Feeling that something wasn’t right, Yerin turned around and faced SinB.

“I don’t think it’s okay for you to be so far back.”

SinB shrugged and sped up a little bit, but remained behind Yerin. After another while, Yerin grumbled and turned around again, this time grabbing SinB’s other free hand and linked their fingers together.

“Much better.”

SinB stared at their hands a little longer, dumbly following Yerin’s waling pace.

Yerin stopped, the action pulling SinB back a little bit. She looked around, what caused Yerin to stop like that?

“I can’t walk this way.”

“Huh?”

SinB looked around again before understanding. Alongside the path, there were benches. Those benches had people on them. And those people, had dogs.

SinB glared at the dogs for a second before pulling Yerin on a wide arc of a walk through the grass, praying that the fur didn’t pick up that far, praying that it didn’t affect Yerin.

Finding a quiet spot, SinB laid down the blanket before pulling Yerin to sit against her. It was a crisp morning and the pollen hadn’t been released yet, letting Yerin have a bit of freedom before the air became harder to breathe.

Yerin leaned on SinB’s shoulder, admiring the view of the lake in front and the small forest behind them.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

SinB’s stomach gave a small growl and her cheeks colored light pink.

“Are you hungry already? Quickly, eat you growing baby.”

SinB whined but began to eat her sandwich anyways, trying to ignore Yerin who was taking great joy in watching SinB’s face.

“Why are you staring so much?”

“I don’t know.”

Yerin turned away to eat her sandwich, her phone chiming the time to eat medicines before food.

Her phone rang before she finished her sandwich.

“Sowon unnie?”

“Yerin ah, I just wanted to tell you that tomorrow you don’t need to come in. Some trainees from a far-away hospital came for some training. I don’t want you to get sick from the way they kind of smell.”

“They smell?”

“Mm, the countryside smell.”

Yerin laughed as Sowon chuckled.

“Jokes aside, tomorrow I’m giving you a free day. I don’t really have things for you to do because of a pretty big accident, you can come in the day after and deal with it when I’ve got all the things you need for your work.”

“Okay unnie.”

“Go shopping with SinB, I think she was wearing the shirt I gave you two years ago.”

“Unnie! How do you even remember when you bought them for me?”

“Hah! It’s because I got it for you that I remember. Geez. Get her some clothes that actually match her and get yourself some new clothes you hear me!”

“Yes unnie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuna whined as she tried to support the weakened pup at her side.

‘Please, please, I can’t lose you either.’

=========================

Sinrin goes shopping tomorrow! And what is this weird side thing I've been putting at the end of each chapter? haha....first day back at uni was terrible ;-;