Eunha

Don't look at me with those eyes

Umji stepped around her station, she had just finished her rounds and was taking a break when she saw Sowon stumbling into the office. They shared one room, Sowon’s desk taking up majority of the space, Umji had a smaller desk off to the side.

“Ah! Dr. Kim! Welcome back.”

“How many times have I asked you to call me Unnie?”

Umji bowed her head as Sowon grumbled and threw her jacket on her chair. Sowon flipped through several sheets of paper before turning her computer on.

“Umji ya, did you do well when I was away?”

“Of course, the only problem is that I don’t give orders the same way as you do, so when I needed help from the nurses, they took a while to understand me.”

Sowon chuckled as she sorted through her emails, throwing away several stacks of paper in the ‘to be shredded’ bin.

“I just got back from a presentation about my research. Seeing as nothing too crazy has happened from when I’m gone, just give me a full report on any new patients and any discharged patients.”

“Yes.”

Umji sat down and began her work, glancing over at Sowon once in a while.

‘Why does she smell like Eunbi?’

“What’s wrong Umji? You’ve been looking at me weirdly for the past few moments.”

“Ah, it’s nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yea.”

They resumed their work, Sowon typing away at her computer, replying the numerous emails she had from the hospital association. They were old school and didn’t like making calls or sending texts. Sowon sighed as her inbox dinged once more.

Seeing the sender’s name, she looked up at Umji. Umji remained working hard on her report.

[Sowon unnie, do you want to get drinks with me later?]

Sowon laughed and Umji looked up with a sheepish smile. She successfully cheered up her favorite sunbae in the hospital.

“Of course, I’ll go for drinks with you.”

“Thanks, unnie.”

“What for?”

“For being the best mentor there is.”

“Aw you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha pouted when Yuju told her what had happened in the days she didn’t have her memories. A really pretty lady had taken her first kiss.

“Aish! This wasn’t how I wanted to have it!”

Yuju giggled as Eunha wailed about her lost first kiss.

“Calm down, she saved your life.”

“I know, it’s just urgh! Darn that stupid mutt Denny!”

Yuju stopped giggling and her eyes widened.

“You, do you know anything about Denny?”

“What? He’s the one who made me this way. Didn’t you see?”

Yuju thought back, there was a bigger dog that bit Eunha, not Denny.

“You weren’t bit by Denny.”

“No, I wasn’t but he was there, sneering as you rushed me away. I even remember him barking at the others to follow.”

Yuju ran a hand through her hair. Was she really that out of it when she had to save Eunha that she missed it? She did remember hearing barks, but they never translated in her head.

“Then do you know why SinB was also targeted?”

“Because she saw something she shouldn’t have seen.”

“What did she see?”

“What the pack had been striving for since the beginning. One leading alpha that’s perfect in every way.”

“What does that have to do with seeing it? That’s not a bad thing?”

“Because they did it with enhancements.”

Eunha watched as her best friend got lost in her thoughts.

“How do you know this?”

“Because I am not from your side.”

Yuju backed away slowly, suddenly afraid of Eunha. SinB wandered into the living room, drowsy from sleeping but her unnies’ voices woke her up.

“What’s wrong unnies? I was sleeping but you’re out here having some serious discussion.”

“SinB yah, I’m not from your pack.”

SinB was instantly awake, what did that mean?

==================

The return of Denny! What will happen next! Thank you all for your comments of support, I suppose I could advance my writing skill some other time, for now, I'll keep writing the way I write! I love you all!