explanation

Don't look at me with those eyes

“Eunbi has been lost in action, tomorrow I will hold the next appointing ceremony.”

The pups silently looked at each other, so soon? Already the candidate was picked?

Eunha stared into space, holding Yuna’s hand.

“It can’t be right? Bi can’t be dead.”

Yuna said nothing, only squeezing Eunha’s hand in return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You, the one with the blue streak in your eyebrow.”

Eunha flinched, this was not the way she wanted to earn a name, also it was a white streak for crying out loud! It wasn’t as if their leader was colorblind outside of his puppy form but for some reason decided that Eunha’s fur from where she had been hurt before that regrew completely white became blue.

Stepping forwards, she took her place, kneeling at the leader’s foot. He placed a hand on her head and squished some herb into her hair.

“Today on, you are Eunbi.”

Eunha remained looking down, unable to bring herself to be happy about taking her best friend’s name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Go on a patrol, take that tall pup with you.”

Eunha quickly nodded and pulled Yuna with her, as long as she had Yuna, everything would be okay.

They padded around their border, sniffing the marks of their enemies and discerning when their last patrol was. They were about to return to home base when they heard a rattle. Looking sharply in the direction of the sound, they tensed. Yuna saw a flash of tan fur.

“Denny?”

Eunha whipped around to look where Yuna was looking but didn’t catch Denny.

“Eunha, I don’t think we’re alone.”

“I don’t either.”

They took off running towards their base when bigger hound dogs surrounded them, oddly enough, they smelled like something they knew of. Then it hit them, that was the musky scent that always hit them when they entered home base from the west side.

“They aren’t from our opposing rivals.”

“I know Yuna, we need to run.”

Barking ferociously, Yuna held off most of the bigger dogs, being a very tall husky for her age. Biting a bigger dog by the scruff of their necks, she yanked them off the much smaller corgi Eunha.

“Run!”

Eunha ran for a gap when Yuna threw a smaller dog into some other dogs, creating a distraction. Yuna turned to run after Eunha but saw another dog come from around the corner.

“BEHIND YOU!”

Eunha turned around and the jaw closed on her head, piercing her skin above her eyelids. Letting out a wounded cry, Eunha wiggled out of the bite and tried to run away but her vision was slowly fading.

Lunging forwards in a giant leap, Yuna bite the dog that hurt Eunha in the side and scratched him up pretty badly before pulling Eunha by her scruff gently but quickly away from the fight. Retreating to the lesser used alleys, she supported Eunha’s staggering limp at her side.

“Yuna, the world is so fuzzy.”

“Eunha! Stay with me! Don’t close your eyes!”

Eunha whined but was leaning heavier against Yuna’s side.

‘Please, please, I can’t lose you either.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yerin stared at SinB, digesting her words slowly. Patting the side of her bed, she gestured for SinB to sit down.

“So, I need to hide you guys from the tribe until you’re all better?”

SinB nodded. Even if she didn’t mean to, she had a pleading face on. A sad puppy face. Yerin smiled and rubbed SinB’s cheek gently.

“Then I’m sorry, you’ll have to sleep on the couch.”

“Eh?”

“I can’t have four people on the same bed you know? My bed isn’t king sized.”

SinB looked at Yerin incredulously. Yuna looked with uncertainty, Eunha’s fur gently.

“Cha, do rock paper scissors to decide who’s sleeping on the couch, as the owner I call my right to sleep in my bed, there’s space for one more then the other two will sleep on the couch.”

Yerin smiled and pulled SinB’s hand up to Yuna’s. Without even thinking, they just went along.

“Rock, paper, scissors.”

“Then its settled, SinB gets to stay with me.”

They looked at each other and then looked at the beaming Yerin. What.

==========================

Ah, I didn't get to explaining Denny yet, oh well. He'll come back later. For now, enjoy a corgi Eunha and grey husky yuju with blue eyes :) Though of course, if you imagine them as another breed, go ahead!