omma

Don't look at me with those eyes

Umji shivered in SinB’s grip, she wasn’t particularly afraid as she was in a place where SinB couldn’t really do anything to her, but the fear still crawled under her skin.

“I’m not coming for you. I just happen to work under your protector’s best friend.”

“Liar!”

“I’m not lying.”

SinB stared hard into Umji’s eyes, determining that the smaller girl was indeed not lying.

“Then, tell me why that happened that day.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Your initial mentor will be a pup your age in fact. She’s been here in this position ever since a really young age, so you better listen to her well.”

“Yes sir.”

“Yewon.”

Yewon turned from her post, only turning enough to look at who called her.

“What is it.”

“I brought your student. She’ll be here for a week only.”

“State your position.”

“Eunbi.”

Yewon got up and shook her hand.

“Yewon.”

For their first day, they sat staring at the borderlands completely silent, only leaving in turns to eat lunch and dinner.

“What are we even watching for?”

“Stragglers, deserters and enemies.”

Eunbi shut up and sat silently next to her.

They watched until the sun rose again, when another pup came to switch out. Instead of heading off to sleep, Yewon shifted and headed out, leading Eunbi out.

Padding through the maze of alleyways and dump sites, they arrived at one particular dump site where they met another pup. SinB’s fur stood as a scent hit her face hard.

Scrunching her nose, she watched as the other pup whispered something to Yewon who nodded her head and then proceeded to bite the pup’s head off.

Alarmed, Eunbi could do nothing but watch as the smelly pup died. She froze when Yewon looked at her.

“Do you realize what you’ve been picked for yet?”

Eunbi shook her head. Yewon sniffed and gave Eunbi one last time before running off into the distance. Leaving Eunbi behind, Yewon had disappeared and never came back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That’s something you don’t want to know.”

“I’ve done my fair share of murder since you left you know, I can handle it.”

Umji glanced over to the couch where Sowon was drunkenly hanging on Eunha’s waist who was whining about the alcohol scent.

“Seeing as Eunha unnie is here, you already know that there’s something wrong with the pack.”

“You already knew about Eunha unnie?”

“I even knew when you nicknamed each other. Did you never learn that the ‘Yewon’ position is for silent murdering of those who know too much?”

SinB’s hands dropped from Umji’s shoulders.

“I’m sorry.”

“It wasn’t your fault. But I’m glad you’re not with them anymore.”

“In the end, what did that pup say to you?”

“That it was okay to kill him to prove myself in front of you. Unfortunately, you didn’t catch my drift.”

SinB hung her head. She should have known that there must have been something wrong for a trusted ranked pup to suddenly disappear in front of her eyes.

Then they both widened their eyes as they heard the drunken Sowon say something.

“Freaking Sooyoung omma.”

Even Eunha had to hold back a gasp.

That was the name of her pack’s leader, even SinB’s pack knew that name. The ruthless leader of the enemy pack.

======================

haah, I thought I was sneaky enough about this part, how sad....you geniuses that see the future....