visiting

Don't look at me with those eyes

Nayeon watched over her friend as she slept, so far, almost all the patients have been treated or transferred to different places since this one was over capacity. Sowon was still in the halls but Nayeon had pushed her towards the quieter end, sitting on the side as she rested from her shift.

“Sowon ah, you’re a hero.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin blinked as morning came, she didn’t feel like she had a wink of sleep even though she did.

Checking next to her, she found SinB (actually clothed this time) asleep holding on her sleeve. Brushing the younger’s hair out of her face, she smiled remembering that SinB helped her sleep.

She pulled her sleeve out of SinB’s grip and wandered outside, where she was met face to face with another girl.

“Wah!”

“Huh?”

Yerin covered her eyes desperately scooting blindly to the kitchen for her medicine. After successfully eating all of her meds, she calmly turned around to face the person.

“Um, do you need clothes?”

Eunha looked at herself before blushing a bit, covering herself finally.

Yerin scurried into her room and grabbed some clothes randomly and handed them to Eunha.

“I suppose you’re Eunha?”

“You know me?”

“Uh you-“

“Tell me, where am I? Who are you?”

Yerin watched the petite girl carefully, she did have a head injury, could she have head trauma? She stepped closer and checked the bandaging before backing away. Eunha was not bleeding out anymore, it had stopped yesterday.

“Yuju? Are you awake yet Yuju?”

Yuju’s head popped up from the couch, blinking harshly against the lighting.

“Good morning.”

She let out a yawn before she noticed Eunha standing there.

“Eunha! You’re awake!”

She glomped her best friend, glad to see her finally awake. She checked her all over like a mother, lifting Eunha’s arms and checking everywhere. Sometimes, injuries to the human self don’t show on the puppy body, although rare.

“Do you know who I am?”

Yuju stopped in her tracks, hands frozen at their place.

“Y-you, don’t know who I am?”

Eunha shook her head. She looked down at her hands that were shaking lightly.

“All I know is that you all call me Eunha.”

Yerin jumped as her cellphone rang.

“Yes? Sowon unnie? I’ll be coming over in a bit. Thank you Nayeon unnie.”

Ending the call, she looked to the two girls in front of her.

“Um, I need to go see Sowon unnie, will you guys be okay on your own?”

Yuju nodded robotically.

“I’ll let you guys work out what has happened to her head, fighting!”

Yerin entered her bedroom where SinB sat on the bed staring into the distance, dazed.

“Ah, Yerin unnie.”

“I’m going to see Sowon unnie, you need to take care of your friends, it looks like Eunha has memory loss.”

SinB blinked once, and then twice. A small smile blossomed on her beautiful face, making Yerin smile as well.

“At least she’s awake, that’s all I wished for.”

“Mm, good girl, take care of them, don’t burn my house down.”

“Yes ma’am!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sowon unnie!!!!”

Yerin ran down the hallway to where Sowon sat, her shoulder was bandaged up and her left arm was put in a sling to avoid further aggravation.

“Yennie.”

Yerin carefully put her arms around her favorite unnie, hugging her close. Confirming that Sowon was indeed in front of her and alive.

“Did you do what you needed to do?”

“Mm, of course I did.”

“What happened that night?”

Sowon sighed and pat Yerin’s hair with her right hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey you! Stop filming and help me!”

Sowon was pulling the injured children out of the bus when she was stopped by an adult.

“Treat my kid! He’s bleeding!”

Sowon glanced over to where the parent’s kid was before pushing past them to return to the bus. She hadn’t gotten the okay that the area was completely safe.

“Hey! I said treat my kid!”

Sowon ignored all the cries and focused on pulling the children out. She sweated as she pulled each one out by the window or by broken door. The driver was already dead, so she focused on the children. There was one last one in the bus who got his leg jammed between a broken chair.

“Sit very still okay, noona will get you out.”

“N-noona, the fire’s coming closerrr…. I’m scared.”

“Shhhh, don’t move.”

Sowon grimaced as she saw the ruined leg, the adrenaline was probably saving the kid right now, he probably couldn’t even feel the pain. Wedging herself in the ruined walkway, she pulled at the chair strongly, it came away from the kid’s leg with a sickening squelch.

“I-is th-that m-my leg?”

Sowon looked up, oh shoot oh shoot. A panicking kid would not help her situation.

“Shhh don’t think about it, look over there. You’re friends are waiting for you.”

“M-my leg isn’t moving.”

Sowon cursed as the sound of flames grew closer.

“Shut up and believe me!”

She roughly grabbed the boy by his waist and threw him out the window before getting out herself. Once she was outside, she saw a trail of oil leaking from the gasoline truck and flames shooting off near it.

“.”

She scooped up the kid and ran for her life, the explosion propelling her to the grass  a safe distance away.

======================

Hero Sowon! Yahap!