the ring

Don't look at me with those eyes

Sowon sniffed the ground near the border, checking that the last patrol had come by just recently. Flicking her tail for the rest of the dogs to follow, she turned and saw a very determined Eunha looking up at her. It was a familiar scene for Sowon, without thinking, she Eunha’s stray fur back in place.

Eunha jumped and looked at Sowon with a cute look of confusion.

“Be careful.”

“Of course, I will be.”

Sowon turned back and stepped over the border.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB stared at the ground as they carried her into the arena, only looking up to see her opponent.

She nearly scoffed at the sheer size of the other dog. Here she was, not even a half of his size. Everyone had already expected an outcome in their favor.

SinB sneered and showed off her fangs as they released her and backed away.

“Hm, don’t I recognize her?”

Some pups in the crowd muttered as they recognized SinB.

“Eunbi! What the heck! What are you doing in there!?”

She looked around and found ‘Chaeyoung’ barking at her. Bitterly thinking to herself, if only she came close enough to let her whisper a message to Yerin.

The bigger dog growled loudly and SinB flinched. Aw geez, the fight had begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They padded around the empty base, why was it empty?

“Track where they went, this is too quiet for my liking.”

Yuju had joined them shortly after entering their territory. They trailed the mixed scents of multiple dogs to a warehouse at the end of the street.

Hearing the loud cheering of barks and faint noises of growls, Sowon sprinted through the door and jumped the fence holding the crowd back from the arena.

Landing in the arena, her eyes widened as she recognized the monstrous dog.

“Oppa?”

She gasped as he rammed into SinB’s side, SinB was already pretty beaten up, blood leaking out behind her left ear. Seeing her oppa lung for a bite of SinB’s head, she jumped forwards and headbutt him off course, so he bit the air.

“SinB! Get up!”

SinB looked around groggily, she wasn’t bleeding too terribly but she was getting light headed. Finally focusing on the golden retriever, she blinked.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Sowon! But that doesn’t matter! Can you jump?”

“Wha-“

“Just tell me yes or no! Can you jump!”

“I-I don’t think so.”

Sowon growled and knocked the other dog away again, seeing more dogs climbing to get in the ring to get their own fight as her army poured in from the doors.

Biting the bigger dog’s forleg, Sowon coughed as she got kicked in the face, at least the other was now limping.

Ramming with full force into the side, Sowon tried to bring the fence down.

“W-what are you doing?”

“Making it so you can get out you idiot!”

SinB looked down, she acknowledged that she was an idiot and got lost in her thoughts.

Sowon continued to push against the fence hoping to at least make it slant a little so she could run up it at the least. Turning around as she successfully made the fence bend enough, she saw an enemy dog coming in for the kill at SinB’s neck.

“SINB!”

Sowon lunged forwards.

SinB looked behind her, her view covered by a flash of golden fur.

“So-won?”

The golden retriever collapsed to the ground fighting the other dog as he kept his fangs sunk into her side, successfully throwing him off by snapping at his nose Sowon scrambled to get up.

Seeing that SinB was still not to her complete senses, Sowon growled and gripped the back of SinB’s neck and carried her like a baby and ran for the one broken fence.

Leaping over it and into the fray of the other side, SinB noticed Yuju and Eunha in the crowd.

“Huh?”

Then she looked in front where another dog was coming for her and Sowon. Flinching as he jumped she opened her eyes to see Umji biting into the flank of the dog aggressively.

“Thanks.”

Sowon roughly turned away and continued to run out of the place, getting to a safer place, she had another dog lead SinB out and away from the warzone.

“Once you get there, just shift and get in the human clothes provided and get to a hospital.”

“What are you-“

“I need to save Eunha.”

“But you’re bleeding!”

“I’m not.”

Sowon smoothed her fur over and the blood seemed to disappear. SinB relaxed a bit and nodded her head.

=====================

Sowon knows magic....jkjk