The other side

Don't look at me with those eyes

Eunha bowed before her leader, she was one of the highest-ranking pups in her tribe. Her leader placed a paw on her shoulder, whining for her to lift her head.

“Eunha dear, I need you to do something very important.”

Listening carefully, her once wagging tail slowed to a halt.

“Wh-what do you mean I need to get picked up by our enemies?”

“I need you to go undercover. I think they’ve taken my pup.”

Eunha nodded her head. It made sense now, somehow, someone from the enemy had taken her mentor and beloved leader’s child.

It took her forever to finally earn their trust, she became besties with some innocent pups who had no idea what was going on and managed to finally grab some information.

“LISTEN TO ME YOU USELESS ****!”

Eunha flinched but remained listening. She had finally found her leader’s child, she couldn’t let this opportunity go. From what it looked like, the poor pup was tortured into the best condition they thought they needed for a perfect leader, void of emotion, pain, and lastly, unwavering determination to prove themselves to avoid more pain.

It didn’t even look like a pup anymore, it’s muscles bulging insanely and rabid eyes that looked deadly calm yet raging red.

Swallowing her nervousness, she snuck back out. She needed to tell her pack.

When she was wandering around, she saw SinB loitering nearby before getting told to go do rounds. She didn’t see or hear right?

Eunha went to ‘Yuna’, she needed to have someone cover for her. Thinking up an excuse to ask Yuju to help her, she heard running pawsteps.

“Leader! About Eunbi!”

Eunha perked an ear listening to the messenger whisper in the leader’s ear.

“She’s injured, most likely bleeding out to death.”

“Good work.”

The leader continued on his stroll. Eunha cursed, now how was she going to get the message to her pack if they were going to tell everyone that their ‘Eunbi’ was dead?

Arriving at the place where the leader gathered them to, she listened as he woefully declared ‘Eunbi’ dead.

“Tomorrow I will name the next Eunbi.”

Eunha shook her head in grief, her friend was an innocent pup, she didn’t deserve to die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Today on, you are Eunbi.”

Eunha pretended to be calm, but internally she was shaking. Why did she have to become Eunbi? Especially when everyone knew of their relationship.

Her freedom as an unnamed pup was gone. She wasn’t going to deliver the message easily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB blinked like a deer in headlights. Yuju was still very scared of Eunha, even trembling slightly. Who would have thought their precious cutie corgi was a spy?

“I promise you, I meant you guys no harm. I was only there for recon.”

SinB nodded her head and tentatively reached out to hold Eunha’s hand.

“It doesn’t change our friendship, right?”

“Of course not.”

SinB beamed.

“Then that’s alright for me.”

Yuju was still frozen, until SinB pulled her hand to rest it on Eunha’s hand. Eunha ran her fingers over Yuju’s knuckles lightly, smiling gently.

“Thanks, Yuna- ah, Yuju. For saving my life.”

Finally, Yuju relaxed some and a sad smile appeared.

“It must have been hard, hearing our pack diss yours every day.”

“I’m okay with it, because I did it for my precious mentor.”

They got in a group hug, Yerin wandering out of her bedroom.

“SinB? Where’d you go? I’m cold.”

Yerin was rubbing her eye with one hand and hugging her pillow with the other, yawning.

Eunha lightly shoved SinB in Yerin’s direction, making the younger girl hug Yerin to stop falling.

“Ah, sorry unnie.”

“There you are, come on. Let’s go back to bed. Yerin clung to SinB’s side, waddling them back to the room.”

=====================

And now there's only one thing left to do in this series~(aside from wonha and yumji that is)