breathe

Don't look at me with those eyes

Yerin walked quickly, covering her nose with her handkerchief.

“Geez, you really are going to kill me.”

Getting into her house, she gently placed the shivering puppy on the table and grabbed a mask from the bathroom.

“Hold still, I’ll treat you.”

Pulling out her first-aid kit, Yerin sighed as she remembered the reason why she had so many different sized gauzes.

“Come on, don’t think about that time Yerin ah, save this puppy and send it on its way.”

Cleaning the wound, Yerin quickly dressed the wound, holding her breath. Once she finished, she rushed for her bag, not caring about her bloody fingerprints. She shakily took several pills out and ate them as quick as she could.

“Aw man, that was close haha.”

The puppy stared at her, it was laid on its side, so it watched with a lopsided view.

“You know, it’s been a very long time since I’ve been this close to an animal.”

Placing her hand on the puppy’s head, she carefully smoothed its fur out of its eyes.

“For some reason, I’m not choking right now. I wonder exactly what breed you are, cutie.”

Patting the puppy’s head lightly, she left to make dinner.

“Ah, I need to get you food too. What should I give you? I suppose half of this meat for recovery will do.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Making sure that the puppy was warm enough under one of her spare blankets, Yerin yawned before taking her night time meds.

“I hope I don’t die in the middle of the night because of you. I’m sure I wouldn’t, I haven’t been having any problems yet.”

She rubbed the puppy’s head lightly before walking to her room.

“Rest well little one.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin blinked as she woke up, there was something hugging her waist and she had no idea why.

Throwing her blanket, she gasped before starting to choke.

“Oh no! Here, your bag.”

Yerin grabbed her medicine and drank the water that the girl handed her. Calming down some, she recognized the shirt the girl was wearing.

“Huh? That’s my shirt.”

“Oh, I had to borrow it, is that okay? If not, I could take it off.”

The girl began to take off the shirt, once Yerin realized she was wearing absolutely nothing underneath, she grabbed the hem of the shirt and yanked it back down.

“K-k-k-eep it on. Please.”

“Okay.”

She smiled brightly at Yerin, who was still wondering if she was dreaming.

“Ah! The puppy!”

She rushed outside and frowned. The blanket was on the floor and the puppy was nowhere to be found.

Turning to walk back into her room, she was face to face with the girl again.

“And how did you get in here?”

Seeing that the girl hadn’t murdered her in her sleep or taken anything, she probably wasn’t any harm.

“You let me in.”

“I did?”

Yerin scratched her head, when did she let a person in her house?

“You don’t remember? Ah, this is probably why, here let me-“

The girl began to lift her shirt, and Yerin firmly held the hem down.

“Come on, just let me show you the bandage.”

Yerin froze, bandage? Sensibly letting go of one side, she let the girl lift one side of her shirt, revealing the all too familiar bandaging.

“B-but I saved a puppy. H-how did you…”

Her lungs failed her and she crumpled to the ground.

===================

And with this I'll see you all tomorrow!