first meeting

Don't look at me with those eyes

Yerin wandered outside for a bit before going back into her apartment again. She had been repeating her wandering and reentrance to her house for the past hour.

There was something eating at her, a certain feeling that something was wrong, or something was about to go wrong, but she couldn't figure out what.

Glancing at the clock, she noticed that she was late for her original schedule to get groceries before dinner.

"Haah, might as well get to that now."

Grabbing her keys, she left her house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sowon unnie? Oh, yea I'm just out right now sorry."

Yerin held her phone to her ear by tucking it with her shoulder as she sorted through the veggies.

"Yah, aren't you supposed to be home by now? You have a very strict daily routine."

"I know unnie, there's just been something bothering me and I couldn't shake it off. Then suddenly I missed my grocery shopping time."

"Aigoo, rest well after you eat. I don't need to have another thing to worry about."

"Haha, even if you say that you still worry about me."

Sowon sighed.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yes, Doctor."

Yerin smiled as she put away her phone, right there was the best piece of meat for her dinner tonight. Bagging it quickly, she made her last checks to make sure she got everything before heading the cashier.

"Have a nice night."

"You too."

Giving the cashier lady an eye-smile she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hm, just what is it that I'm forgetting that's bothering me so much? Medicine? No, I made sure I ate it on time."

She quickly searched her bag, finding what she wanted she zipped it back up and continued her way back home.

"Nope, I have my emergency button and emergency inhaler. What could it be?"

She continued to think until she heard a small whine.

"Huh?"

There, in the alleyway, was a wounded puppy. Yerin had weak lungs, leaving her with a very limited life, she was 'allergic' to all sorts of fur so all she could keep was fish.

"Oh, no."

The puppy had a small gash in its side, bleeding on the cold cement.

Yerin was torn, she loved animals, but she couldn't go near them. She tore her eyes away.

"It's okay, I'll call the nearest vet and have them come pick it up."

Another whine.

"Oh, why are you so convincing?"

Yerin looked at the puppy again, and sighed.

"You will kill me."

Opening her other cloth bag, she carefully scooped the puppy into her bag and quickly walked to her home.