Save me Sowon unnie

Don't look at me with those eyes

Yerin struggled, pressing her emergency button with shaky hands, she clutched at her lungs.

The door to her apartment slammed open and the person came and shoved the mysterious girl away from Yerin.

“Breathe Yerin, breathe.”

The tall lady pressed a breathing mask to Yerin’s face tightly, forcing her to inhale the medicated air. Once Yerin’s breathing returned to a normal state, she pulled to mask away.

“Did you miss your alarm this morning?”

“No, I just didn’t get to eating my medicine yet.”

Yerin rubbed at weakly, she couldn’t tell her doctor that she saved a puppy the night before and it suddenly turned into this beauty, could she?

“Why did you not eat it the first thing when you got up? You came all the way out here already, think about what would have happened if I had actually gone to work earlier.”

“Sorry Sowon unnie, I forgot when I had a guest over.”

“Ah right, I shoved her aside earlier.”

Sowon got up and helped Yerin stand before turning to the girl who was rubbing her back a little way away.

“Sorry, did you get hurt? It was an emergency please forgive me.”

“Ah, I’m fine.”

Yerin quickly jumped in.

“Hey, wait! Sowon unnie, can you treat her? Yesterday when she came over she was bleeding in her side, so I just patched it a little, could you check for me?”

Sowon frowned.

“Why was she bleeding in her side?”

Nonetheless, she pushed the mysterious girl to the couch and made her take off her shirt. Unfazed by the lack of undergarments, Sowon pressed lightly at the injury. Peeling some of the bandage, she peeked to make sure the wound was not infected, pulling some antibacterial wipes from her pocket, she swiped around it quickly for good measure.

“It looks fine, just don’t over stress it and try not to sleep on this side.”

Patting the girl on the shoulder like she does with her regular patients she gasped.

“Oh crap! I’m late for my shift!”

Like a whirlwind, she ran out the front door. Yerin sighed and soothed her chest, somehow it felt like she had just gotten away with something huge.

Running footsteps returned and her door slammed open again.

“Before I leave, you gotta make sure that you take your lunch meds okay? I won’t be close enough next time got it?”

“Y-yes Sowon unnie, I’ll make sure.”

“And one last thing, why was she only wearing your favorite shirt? Anyways see ya!”

And she was gone. Yerin flopped on the ground, carefully breathing her fill of oxygen.

“What’s wrong with you? Why do you need so many pills?”

“What’s wrong with you? Why do you turn from a puppy to a human?”

They stared each other down.

Yerin sighed and got up, later she needed to go to work, which was a part time office worker at Sowon’s clinic, filing all the patient’s information and putting them in the computer. At first, she had disliked working under Sowon because it felt like cheating, but she was convinced that she was doing fair work and Sowon didn’t come by to fool with her in her free time.

“I need many pills because if I don’t eat them, my lungs will stop working altogether. It’s like a dose of caffeine to a tired person okay? The blood going from my heart is clean, my heartrate is perfect but for some reason my lungs don’t listen to my brain very well okay?”

She didn’t know why she was telling this random girl why, but she was definitely upset over remembering it.

“Sorry.”

They sat silently for a moment.

“You see, I’m a shifter. I’m not very good at shifting and am very young and unable to perform my duties, so I got hurt doing my job.”

“What would that job be?”

“Patrolling the dumps.”

Yerin rubbed her head before sighing, there was no way for her to know whether this girl was telling the truth or not.

“What are you going to do now?”

“I was wondering if you could let me stay here until I recover, then I’ll leave.”

Yerin sighed as a headache hit her, it was a side effect of breathing treated oxygen. The communication between her lungs and her brain often caused her to have migraines.

“Do whatever, but expect to do things for me in return. You’re lucky you’re cute.”

Yerin went back to her room, eating her missed pills and got ready for her day.

=================

Haha, Yerin ah you didn't even ask her for her name yet~