interim

Don't look at me with those eyes

Sowon fanned her face, calming down from her frantic cpr. Eunha was still coughing but her heartrate had returned to a normal pace.

“You’ll probably want to try hanging upside down for a little while and get all that heavy gas out of your lungs.”

Sowon made Eunha hang over the edge of the sofa upside down, forcing her to breathe. Yerin smiled, her unnie was really a hero.

“Ah, unnie what did you come here for?”

“Right! I have good news for you.”

Yerin held her unnie’s hand, watching Sowon attentively, SinB sat on Yerin’s other side, subconsciously leaning closer.

“Remember I was doing research for the last three years?”

“Yea, did you finish it finally?”

“I got it approved today and the hospital association is going over it one last time before we begin testing.”

“That’s great unnie!”

“And then the subject of the research, which I never told you.”

Yerin listened as Sowon explained the nature of her research, tears b in her eyes.

“So, once we get some successful trials, then we can- are you crying Yennie?”

Sowon pat Yerin’s back, letting the girl cry into her shoulder. SinB sat there, unable to do anything. She wasn’t smart enough to make something to save Yerin’s life, there was nothing she could do to beat Sowon.

Once Yerin was calm again, she surprisingly turned to SinB and hugged her tightly.

“What’s up Yerin unnie?”

“I just, feel so happy.”

SinB nodded her head and held Yerin warmly. Eunha pouted from her position, her face was bright red from the blood rushing to her head.

“Can I not be upside down now?”

Eunha whined and sat up quickly, the blood leaving her face quickly, leaving a slight cold touch. She rubbed her cheeks and ran a hand through her hair.

“Aish, how many days was I out?”

They looked at her.

“Eunha?”

“What?”

Yuju hugged her best friend, tears of happiness escaping her. SinB smiled from within Yerin’s arms, today was a wonderful day.

“Yerin ah, I’ll be leaving again, I need to meet the council tomorrow, so I need to get my presentation in order. Make that girl drink ginseng herbal tea or anything else you have that helps with recovery.”

“Okay unnie, don’t forget to eat.”

Sowon laughed when her stomach interrupted.

“Haha, I didn’t have snack time today.”

Yerin patted Sowon’s back and handed her a cookie, sending her unnie on her way, she returned to the couch and hugged SinB again. This time, she pulled SinB into her lap.

“Yerin unnie?”

“I just want to feel wrapped in you.”

“Okay.”

“Sorry if it weirds you out, I mean, I just learned that I may never have to eat medicines again if Sowon unnie succeeds. Of course, I could have yelled at Unnie for being so foolish and spending three years of her life finding a way to fix me, but I know that it would have to be eventually created, there are people who need this invention as much as I do.”

“Sowon unnie is a really remarkable person.”

“She is. Like I said, she’s my hero.”

Yerin was tucked under SinB’s chin, making the younger girl lean on the top of her head. After a while, she realized that she could feel Yerin’s breath on her chest, she blushed and cleared .

“Mm? Are you okay SinB?”

“I-I’m fine. Just tired.”

Yerin let go of SinB to touch her hair, making sure it was dry enough for SinB to sleep with. SinB couldn’t help but miss the warmth.

“Shall we make dinner now, so we can sleep after?”

“Mm.”

Eunha was still trapped in Yuju’s embrace, Yuju unrelentingly rubbing her cheek on Eunha’s.

“Excuse me, please save me and spare my life.”

SinB smiled and went to free her as Yerin went to the kitchen. Yuju whined and let go finally, however she went to the bedroom and shifted, returning to the living room in her husky form. Her fur had been fluffed since she took a shower that morning and hadn’t taken care of it yet. Laying her head in Eunha’s lap, she nudged her best friend’s hand to get brushing.

“Arrasso, I’ll fix it.”

Eunha ran her fingers through Yuju’s snow white coat, smoothing it down to regular patterns.

(Yuju is such a puffball.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji sighed as she filed another patient’s papers. She thought back to the other day when she went to get Sowon.

“Why was Eunbi there?”

She ruffled her own hair, frustrated.

“Ah, when is Dr. Kim coming back, these nurses don’t know how to follow anyone else’s orders.”

And as an afterthought.

“Don’t think about it, leaving was the correct thing to do.”

Umji pat her cheeks quickly to clear her mind.

“Aja! A few more files until home! Fighting!”

=================

Whew, that one took a bit of work. I couldn't get the feelings to come across right for a while. I noticed that my stories are a lot more like a script than a story....I have a lot of dialogues. Does that bother you?