pack

Don't look at me with those eyes

SinB followed behind Yerin, who was walking around the stores in the mall with her mask on, even the slightest bit of heavy perfume or cologne could cause her problems as even the slightest hiccup could stop her lungs from working.

Yerin even drank her water very carefully to avoid hiccupping, the few times that she had hiccups were nearly life threatening.

“Yerin unnie, aren’t you going to buy anything?”

Yerin just eye smiled at SinB, holding another outfit up to SinB, checking if it fit.

“I have to be careful about the materials so be a little more patient.”

SinB stared at Yerin as she held another shirt out against her.

“I meant why are you putting them against me? Shouldn’t you be checking them against yourself?”

Yerin just smiled behind her mask and continued her way, letting SinB trail behind.

“Cha, try these on.”

Yerin handed SinB a pair of jeans before turning to look at more shirts.

SinB grumbled and moved to the changing room. Looking at herself in the mirror, she stared, dazed. Before she realized that she had zoned out, she had already shifted. She blinked and looked at herself in the mirror. Holding a paw to her head, she whined.

Peeking out a little bit from behind the curtain she checked that no one was looking. Following Yerin’s scent, she quickly found her caretaker. Letting a short bark, she caught Yerin’s attention. Unintentionally scaring her for a second though, Yerin nearly thought she had to run from the dog until she realized it was SinB.

She quickly picked up SinB and cradled her in her arms.

“Show me which room you were in.”

SinB leaned her head in the direction of the correct one and Yerin stepped in to grab all the clothes that SinB left in there. Taking a seat in the room, Yerin sighed.

“How’d it happen this time?”

SinB only looked down and lay in Yerin’s lap dejectedly. She really needed to get better at not drifting off while outside.

Yerin rearranged herself to sit better on the stool before rubbing at SinB’s fur. After a while of rubbing at her back, SinB nudged her head under Yerin’s hand, whining lightly.

“Okay, okay.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuna shifted quickly behind a tree where she had hung a bag of her clothes and got dressed quickly before grabbing the pup carefully.

Running to the main street, she tried to not jostle the injured pup, it was bleeding profusely out of its head.

“Someone! Please! Help me!”

A kind pedestrian called the nearest vet and pointed Yuna in the direction it was in before having to leave.

“Come on, they said down this street and take a left at the second light. You can’t possibly get lost here.”

Yuna carefully ran in the correct direction, shaking slightly whilst waiting for the pedestrian.

“I can’t lose you Eunbi, not you too.”

She carefully rubbed the shivering pup, giving it a bit of warmth but not too much to increase blood flow.

“Stay with me.”

A whimper, a slight cough and silence.

“Eunbi! Come on, you have to stay with me!”

Yuna ran across the street and skidded around the corner, nearly crashing into other people.

Throwing open the door to the veterinarian’s, she placed one last kiss on the pup’s crown before handing her to the nurses.

“You will make it out Eunha. I swear.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon ran around, checking all the patients as she went past them, checking which had the more critical injury to treat first.

Seeing a bloodied man not hooked up to an IV drip yet, she grabbed the trainee clipboard and called a random name.

“Kim Yewon! Hook this man to a IV drip.”

“Yes.”

Immediately setting to work, Yewon brought over a saline bag and the proper supplies.

Sowon ruffled her own hair in stress, she had called Yerin to not come in today, but this was way too stressful for her to lead these trainees in this crisis.

For some reason, a rabid dog had gone around biting people, from the number of patients, Sowon wasn’t sure it was all one dog.

========================

So close! I commend you! But not quite, Umji is one of the trainees under Sowon's instruction and Eunha is the injured pup. More on SinB's history tomorrow. Can you guess what's going on? hint: the title of this chapter and the word gang