Happiness

Randomness

Sejeong wouldn't have thought of happiness as something threatening. She was bright as others would see and she developed that trait and brought happiness to the world.

But in reality, she was scared of it. And it became a cruel irony in her life.

"Nayoung?" She called someone.

A decent girl turned around to get her attention. Sejeong went closer and hugged her tight, all while sitting in her lap. Nayoung could only hug her back.

Kim Sejeong's relationship with Lim Nayoung took a little toll. From being her senior up to today, Sejeong showed deep love towards her and Nayoung did too, making their relationship much sweeter.

"Will you be watching me at the press conference tomorrow?" Sejeong asked.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world." Nayoung nodded.

Sejeong smiled. And when Nayoung smiled back, she was so happy. Yes. Nayoung was her everything, especially her happiness.

Sejeong hugged her again, nuzzling her neck as an addition. "I love you...so, so much..."

"I love you too, Sejeong." Nayoung said.

---

"What if I mess up?" Sejeong pouts.

"You will do just fine." Nayoung said, patting her head.

"You're watching and not go anywhere, right?" Sejeong asked.

"Yes, ma'am." Nayoung salutes lightly.

Sejeong stood on her tiptoes and kissed Nayoung. Nayoung kissed back and they broke once Sejeong was called for her presentation.

Sejeong went to the pedastal and started her discussion. As it progressed, Sejeong grew tense. But seeing Nayoung cheer her on silently, she got her pacing and discussed successfully.

---

Sejeong was happily strolling the campus with Nayoung. Sejeong's presentation went successful as she was granted a scholarship. Now she was like her girlfriend, she can be with her in the laboratory.

She and Nayoung stopped by the bridge. Sejeong would make fun of Nayoung's hat and lets her girlfriend be.

"I'm so proud of you, Sejeong." Nayoung began.

"I wouldn't have done it successfully without your help." Sejeong pouted and reached Nayoung's face. "I'm so thankful to have you."

Nayoung smiled and Sejeong loved that so much about her. She looked into Nayoung's eyes and she could almost cry.

"Is everything okay, Sejeong?" Nayoung noticed her sad smile.

"I'm so ecstatic, Nayoung. You don't know how much you mean to me." Sejeong caressed her face. "I love you..."

"I love you too, Sejeong. I always have and always will." Nayoung replied.

Sejeong and Nayoung kissed again. Sejeong wrapped her arms around Nayoung and kissed her deeper.

But it was disrupted by an explosion.

Sejeong and Nayoung broke and saw the laboratory on fire. The both of them ran close, all while students and faculty ran out.

"What happened?" Nayoung asked a student.

"Electrical outbreak. There's still some people inside." She answered and ran off.

Sejeong and Nayoung stopped. Nayoung thought about what the student said and decided to run inside to help when...

"Nayoung, no!" Sejeong grabbed her arm, stopping her.

Sejeong didn't want to. What if Nayoung might get herself hurt? And with the outbreak, she can't risk the love of her life.

"There's still people inside." Nayoung said.

"They're getting out soon. Nayoung, please..." Sejeong was almost crying.

"Don't you see this?" Nayoung asked. "We can't just let people die."

"I'd rather see the fire than see you die!" Sejeong yelled.

"I'll be quick. I'll come back afterwards." Nayoung assured her. "Someone has to help."

Nayoung lets herself go and ran inside. Sejeong got her blown hat and she couldn't bear to just let her go there alone. She decided to come along and catch up...

And the building exploded for the second time...and Sejeong felt the world fall onto her feet...

Sejeong was taken aback from the impact. She got up hastily and saw the burning laboratory already into rubble. Sejeong shook her head helplessly, her hand clutching Nayoung's hat as she ran towards the burning rubble when people stopped her.

"No! Nayoung!!" Sejeong sobbed. "Please no..."

Sejeong's tears messed up her vision. It could've been a dream and that Nayoung was alive...but it wasn't.

"Nayoung!!"

---

A vigil was done for the lost victims of the fire. Students and faculty pay respect and tribute to the lost lives on that fire. For Sejeong, she was at the center as there stood the altar of her love, her everything, her happiness...

Sejeong thought Nayoung looked cute on that picture, now surrounded by candles, flowers, and her hat. Sejeong saw some students inch closer to mourn for other victims and she joined them, all while hugging Nayoung's frame close to her heart.

During Nayoung's vigil at her home, close friends and relatives came. Nayoung's mom took priority of Sejeong's coming and she did. But she didn't interact nor stayed close to crowds. Instead, she stayed in Nayoung's bedroom, lying on her bed and hugging her clothes, all while staining them with tears.

With Nayoung's passing, she wondered of happiness as a whole. Will she lose it? Will she not have it anymore? What would be the point of staying happy when you're happiness was gone in a blink of an eye?

But a ding came in Sejeong's mind...

She decided not to.

---

Years came and Sejeong was back at the laboratory. She recently moved in Nayoung's workstation and made herself inside, arranging her stuff and keeping Nayoung's stuff as an addition.

She stopped at Nayoung's invention which was her gift from her: a robotic arm that does cool handshakes. Sejeong tried it for a while and it still worked. But as she looked at it, she noticed something. She reached for it and gasped. It was a memory card.

Sejeong looks at the contents through her PC and it hit her heart. Inside were pictures and videos of her and Nayoung. With every scroll and play, Sejeong's tears fell.

From their first meeting to a video of a droopy Nayoung doing a BTS video of inventing Sejeong's gift, Sejeong could sob. She even paused a part where Nayoung smiled and her finger ran on the screen as if she was caressing her face.

Another ding hits itself in her senses and as she ejected the memory card and created a blueprint.

She was going to bring happiness back...

---

"Aing~" Sejeong does her signature aegyo.

Sejeong wowed as her invention worked, her 365 days of working on it paid off.

"Hello, I'm Lim Nayoung. Nice to meet you." It said first.

Sejeong cheered as it was a success. Then...

"Hello again, Sejeong-ah..."

Sejeong looked at the human-like robot of Nayoung and she could only cry and hug her so tight. As she felt Nayoung's robotic arms hug her back, Sejeong lets out some words.

"I love you so much, Nayoung..."

"I love you too, Sejeong. I always have and always will."

Sejeong did it. She brought her happiness back.