Remember Me

Randomness

Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry
For even if I'm far away I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart

Nayoung recalled that lullaby from when she was a child. It was a song that her father sang before he was of to war. It became a legacy that she shared with her children, Mina and Yeunjung. From when they were toddlers up to the time when they turned 18, Nayoung sang it for them when it was time to go to bed.

"Daddy..." Mina mumbled as Yeunjung was already dozing off. "...I miss Mama."

Mina was sleepy as Nayoung patted her head. "Me too."

Mina snored with Yeunjung and Nayoung left their room. She went to another, lighting up Chinese candles as she sat there and meditated, all while looking at the picture.

It was her late Chinese wife. And just like her kids, she missed her too.

"Don't fret now, love. I tucked them to sleep with our lullaby. Remember this?" Nayoung got her guitar and played.

She played it throughout the night as memories flooded.

***

Zhou Jieqiong was renowned by her time as a famous guitarist. Despite being Chinese, she had a wonderful life in Seoul and adopted her skills onto the Korean entertainment industry. As she got famous, she was more aware that this luxury won't be needed up there once she dies.

As much as she was a typical person, she made herself aware of reality. And her goal in life was to find happiness. She found it on her career but she never thought she would be finding more of it towards a backup dancer.

"Sorry..." Jieqiong hissed as she bumped onto her.

"It's okay." The girl lent a hand. "Let me help you."

Jieqiong nodded and she felt a jolt on that hold, following a sudden heartbeat. She looked at the woman and it was love at first sight. 

"Thank you." Jieqiong smiled. "I'm Jieqiong."

"Nice to meet you." The girl greeted back. "I'm Nayoung."

+++

Ever since that fateful day, Jieqiong and Nayoung hang out after their practices. The two of them would go out and eat, enjoy walking around town, and mostly standby at their practice room to sing and dance.

Nayoung was practicing when Jieqiong got her guitar and played something. Nayoung stopped to listen as she thought that the tune was nice ans soothing. Jieqiong ended it and Nayoung applauded.

"You like it?" Jieqiong asked.

"It's nice, Jieqiong." Nayoung answered.

"It was an out of the blue tune." Jieqiong said as she played it again. "Only you can hear it. This is my tune for you, Nayoung."

***

And Nayoung was playing it onto this day. She ended with tears as she decided to turn in for the night.

+++

Remember me
Though I have to travel far
Remember me
Each time you hear a sad guitar
And know that I'm with you the only way that I can be
Until you're in my arms again 

Yeunjung was playing her guitar with Nayoung in front of Jieqiong's altar. Nayoung may be a dancer but she learned to play the guitar for Jieqiong. Yeunjung looked like her but she had Jieqiong's characteristics, aspiring to be a guitarist like her late mother.

"Aigoo, look at the time." Nayoung aaid. "Come on, Yeunjung. Call you sister."

"Ne." Yeunjung said as she got to Jieqiong's frame. "See you later, Mama."

Yeunjung went ahead. Nayoung cleaned the dust off of the frame and kissed it. "See you later, love."

+++

Yeunjung and Mina were daughters of famous figures in the entertainment industry and they also took interest in that legacy, with Yeunjung being a singer and guitarist while Mina was a dancer.

Nayoung was working on that company as an artist and became a trainor to her own children. She was serious when she teaches them but in a break, she lets the kds do whatever they want.

Nayoung watched Mina and Yeunjung sing a familiar song. She smiled as she remembers it too

***

Jieqiong and Nayoung were done with their respective training and went to their special practice room to hang out. Nayoung would watch Jieqiong steum something as she turns it into a song. Nayoung loved that part about Jieqiong. She was so skillful.

"Nayoungie~" Jieqiong called. "Try strumming something."

"But I don't know how." Nayoung said.

Jieqiong gave her the guitar and Nayoung was eahr to try for Jieqiong. Nayoung listened attentively as Jieqiong taught her the chords. Nayoung manged to follow quickly and practiced. She then strummed something out of nowhere and Jieqiong wowed.

"Huh? What is it? Did I make a mistake?" Nayoung asked.

"No." Jieqiong answered. "That was wonderful."

"Really?" Nayoung spoke as she strummed the same melody.

Jieqiong nodded as Nayoung strummed and joined her with some made up lyrics. Jieqiong squealed after the song that she hugged Nayoung. Nayoung placed the guitar down slowly and hugged Jieqiong back.

Jieqiong and Nayoung were together ever since they met and got to know each other more. Nayoung courted her properly and Jieqiong accepted those gestures. They developed mutual feelings and ended up as a couple.

"It's only been months." Nayoung mumbled.

"But I love you." Jieqiong mumbled back, inching closer. "And you love me...so it's fine."

Nayoung hummed as she kissed Jieqiong back. Jieqiong wrapped herself around Nayoung and kissed her deeper. They had to break as Jieqiong leaned her forehead onto Nayoung's.

"I love you." Jieqiong spoke.

"I love you too." Nayoung replied.

***

The song Mina and Yeunjung jammed into was her own piece in which Jieqiong sang the lyrics back on the days. Nayoung didn't recall teaching her that but I guess Jieqiong must've left it for them.

Nayoung adored it. Jieqiong may have passed on but her music lived on towards their family. Now everytime they hear a guitar, it was sad at first but then, they felt happy because Jieqiong lives within their hearts.

+++

Remember me
For I will soon be gone
Remember me
And let the love we have live on
And know that I'm with you the only way that I can be
Until you're in my arms again 

Yeunjung and Mina were back home from training. As Yeunjung was opening the door, bad noises were heard. The children were worried as Mina crept inside slowly. Yeunjung followed and got the source of noise from Nayoung's room. 

"I sense something wrong, Mina." Yeunjung said.

"I know." Mina hissed lightly. "I sense that Daddy is at it again. She's been like that ever since Mama passed away..." 

Yeunjung had to be brave for the both of them and they opened the door quietly, seeing Nayoung weeping. 

Nayoung may have always tried to picture herself as a strong woman for her children but they saw her pain. And it would occur every year, on Jieqiong's death anniversary. Mina was too scared to go closer but Yeunjung got inside slowly, crying of her Daddy's state. Nayoung looked up to see Yeunjung. 

"Daddy..." Yeunjung teared up. "...don't do this. Please..." She got to hug Nayoung as she calmed. "...Mama wouldn't want to see us like this..."

Mina joined them and sniffled as she hugged Nayoung. Nayoung found tranquility because of her children as she exhaled and hugged them.

"You two were just six years old at that time..." Nayoung sniffled. "...and your Mama didn't come back from world tour..."

***

Nayoung always remembered all her days with Jieqiong until they got married and had twin girls, Mina and Yeunjung. They had a wonderful time as a family, with Jieqiong and Nayoung always working hard on their careers for their children, without knowing that their children shared their love for the arts. 

Nayoung smiled of the sight of her wife playing her guitar for the children. It was nighttime and Nayoung got in to join her. The little angels were drooping, yawning so cutely. Jieqiong as Nayoung finished the lullaby, kissing their foreheads goodnight.

"Let's go," she said, holding Jieqiong's hand.

Jieqiong followed her husband and they got to their bedroom. Jieqiong got her guitar and played as she laid down. Nayoung laid next to her.

"Love...you need to rest now." Nayoung said.

"Can I play one last song with you?" Jieqiong requested.

Nayoung agreed and played the guitar instead. Nayoung sang all the songs they made and shared as Jieqiong got to hug Nayoung as she played. As she ended, Jieqiong was asleep in her arms. Nayoung places the guitar down and hugged Jieqiong as they sleep together.

+++

"Have you got your things ready?" Nayoung asked.

"Yes, love." Jieqiong answered.

"My little angels...say goodbye to Mama." Nayoung spoke.

Mina and Yeunjung went to hug Jieqiong and hugged Nayoung tighter. 

"Take care of yourself." Nayoung said.

"Okay." Jieqiong nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too." Nayoung replied.

+++

Nayoung was in a rush after tucking her kids to their naps. She asked Chaeyeon, a close friend of the family, to watch over them, after she shared news of her wife. Chaeyeon was obliged as Nayoung rushed to the hospital. 

It was busy as she asked the information area of someone. "Is Lim Jieqiong here?"

"You're THE Lim Nayoung!" An intern gasped.

"You and your mouth." A senior spoke. "Yes, Mrs. Lim. Your wife is here."

The senior offered to Nayoung. And they got to an emergency room that was silent. Nayoung realized it. But she didn't cling onto that belief.

Nayoung came hastily because of a news that a tour bus returning to Seoul got into an accident. Investigation stated that it was a vehicle from an entertainment label, the one she worked in. Not only that, it had dead passengers, with one in a comatose. What made her heart tear apart was it stated that Jieqiong was one of those dead passengers.

Nayoung recalled all those days. It would've been the end of Jieqiong's tour and she'd return home to her and their little angels. But seeing the dead woman revealed through a cloth, Nayoung's legs turned to jelly.

It was confirmed. Jieqiong is dead.

A loud cry was an unexpected part for Nayoung as she got closer to the body and hugged it, crying and longing for the future days without her by her side.

***

Nayoung calmed but she still teared up silently, all while she hugged her children, the only pillars she have left. It was natural of her to break down during this sad day but she can't stick onto it forever. And her children had a point. Jieqiong wouldn't like to see them sad.

Jieqiong may have died but she'll live on for the rest of their days.

+++

If you close your eyes and let the music play
Keep our love alive, I'll never fade away 

Mina and Yeunjung lived their own lives and with their own families. Mina married the famous actress Kim Sohye and had Kim Somi as their baby and a child prodigy in being an idol. Yeunjung married a famous model, Kim Doyeon, and had Kim Yoojung, their baby girl. 

Today, the sisters united with their families and went to the cemetery. They had their quality time as Somi and Yoojung looked at the two frames. Mina and Yeunjung sighed as their other halves comforted them.

It was a frame of Nayoung and Jieqiong. After moving on, Nayoung pursued her career with her children until her last breath. Her last dance tour went well but an accident also greeted the dancer. Nayoung was performing up a very high pedastal and fell from it, causing her figure and her life in the process.

"It's almost funny." Yeunjung spoke. "Our parents had to have accidents within the midst of their careers." 

"True." Mina nodded. "But remember our family lullaby, the ones Daddy and Mama sing to us and we sing to our children today? Someday, they'll be gone but their love for us will live on."

And Yeunjung agreed. Because they'll always remember them.