A Decent Day

Randomness

Do you ever wonder of the typical days happening in your life? Do you ever on how you face every single day of it? In the case of Kim Sohye, it made her go rancid.

Her eyes involuntarily opened up as she was greeted by the dark ambiance of her room. They were still droopy and they sting due to too much exposure from yesterday's works. But it was another day, a forsakening Monday at that, and Sohye always loathed that certain day.

She was awake but not sitting up. Her eyes and mind wander off by the ceiling, as if it had the answer to everything. Bile rose from her system and tremors were starting to turn visible by her hands.

She sighed and cursed internally due to the deliverables, especially on an undone assignent in statistics. "What the am I supposed to do?" Sohye mumbled as she cusses. "I haven't come up with a problem and it's due today. This is bull..."

She would blame her procastination and her incompetence but she decided stress and agitation. Who wouldn't be agitated if you were forced to do something that averts your interest? And how the could one formulate a problem within days? But Sohye's body was acting upon herself as she decides to start the day, her feet carrying her to the bathroom to shower.

+++

Sohye got to the lobby of the university and met with her closest friends. It was still a ty start her but she maintained her calm self for her friends' sakes.

"Hey, Penguin." Doyeon waved. "Penguin, can you-"

Mina got to greet the penguin but she was in awe on how Sohye "-damn, you're gorgeous... are those a new pair of glasses?"

Yoojung and Yeunjung looked at their friend and they wowed. Sohye shrugged the comments and got back to Mina's concern. "What was that?"

"How do you write the problem for Statistics? Will it be in a title form or a whole sentence?" Mina asked.

"I'm not sure but they say your problem should be in a title from and it must have a description." Sohye answered.

A ring of the bell had to stop them as the five friends had to go to their first class. It was Philosophy, one of Sohye's favorites. Yet their teacher, Miss Lim Nayoung was a bit boring. She doesn't even smile.

It was the start of a midterm lesson and it was an introduction to logic. Sohye was interested but she looked at the back towards some of her classmates. Doyeon was dosing off as Yeunjung was talking to Yoojung. For Mina, she was next to her and was pinching her forearm.

"Okay, what is a speculation?" Miss Lim asked the class.

No one answered. Some were nervous to answer, a part of the population were clueless, while the decent ones didn't want to be interrogated further. And Sohye was one of them.

"None?" Miss Lim asked. "Do remember that this is not some recollection. In a class, one is expected to answer and engage sharing of ideas, hence implementing communication. If there was such, all of you would get flat one. 100."

Sohye chuckled of that as Miss Lim asked again. Mina mumbled an answer but it was ambiguous. Sohye knew Mina was getting roast as she answered for her. "A speculation is like a guess, ma'am."

Miss Lim said it was correct and continued to discuss. Mina looked at Sohye, winking at her as she whispered. "Thanks, baby."

Mina makes a kissing sound by Sohye's ear and listened again. Sohye coughed lightly as she relieved herself.

+++

It was the second subject. Statistics, a branch of mathematics which involves data, a mix of science and art dealing with data, and a subject that Sohye was good at but she loathed to bits. Miss Zhou Jieqiong was their teacher and Sohye felt relieved that it was still a discussion on the meeting. From the definition to the steps in statistical inquiry, Sohye went with the course of the class, dealing with two short quizzes within intervals and a minding moment of passing the said problem.

Everyone in their class were freaking out as they start to write. Yeunjung almost tore her paper as Dayoung and Yeoreum were telling her to hurry up and got to pass first. Doyeon, Yoojung, and Mina hissed as Doyeon wrote sloppily.

"I'm not even sure with mine. Well, here goes nothing." Sohye mumbled and wrote.

"What are you doing, Sohye?" Her groupmate asked.

"I'm writing." Sohye mumbled as she wrote. "Where's Yewon?"

"Dazing." Sungyeon said. "Good luck, So."

Sohye was damned. Sure her groupmates Yewon and Sungyeon contributed but they could've at least supported her. But how can they when Yewon was having fun with the others while Sungyeon chilled by the back? Nonetheless, Sohye managed to submit their paper and everyone was dismissed.

+++

"Woah. What the..." Yeunjung reacted. "Seriously, Sohye...how could you eat two cups of rice, a piece of fried chicken, and a bowl of beef stew at the same time?!"

Doyeon reacted with her.

"What?" Sohye asked as she ate. "I didn't have breakfast."

The friends could only resume eating as Sohye ate heartily. She and Mina shared each other's food and Yeunjung offered to treat them drinks.

"Mind us if you have to deal being a fifth wheel, Yeunjung." Yoojung said.

"Haha. Just scoot my drink closer, thanks." Yeunjung said.

"Are you done with your mobile application, Penguin?" Mina asked.

"Yeah." Sohye said.

The rest of her friends were pleading that Sohye would teach them and help them. Sohye agreed, spreading happy faces amongst friends as they resume eating.

+++

The five friends got to a vacant spot in the study area and continued to work on their mobile application. Sohye might be done with the minimum requirements needed but she wanted to make modifications if possible. She was working onto it but with the time, she couldn’t finish it.

“Aish…it would take time but I think I won’t be able to finish it.” Sohye sighed. “I'll just end here.”

Sohye rubbed her temples and went to help her friends. They listened to Sohye's consultations and managed to get their applications working. Mina was the last one to finish yet hers was still malfunctional.

"Penguin~" Mina whined. 

Sohye got to the rescue and did the modifications. She checked erroneous procedures and corrected them. Eventually, Sohye got Mina's application was good to go.

"There." Sohye handed Mina's phone with her app.

Mina checked and was shocked and happy that her girlfriend got it right. She rewarded her with a kiss and their three friends threw some leftover crumpled paper toward the two.

"Get a room," said Yeunjung.

"More like all of us should get to our room." Doyeon added. "It's almost one. We should go."

+++

It was their third subject for the day: Mobile Application Development. Facing the last subject would be good news. The bad news? That face-off had the longest interval wherein everyone would face at the computer for three hours straight.

It was all checking and Sohye managed to get her score. As the rest would do thiers and finish, Sohye could only distract herself of little penguin clips while waiting for a Q&A portion wtih regards to the code. Of the five friends within their circle, Mina was the last to finish, gping back to her seat next to Sohye.

"How did it go?" Sohye asked.

"Great." Mina hugged her. "I have you to thank with, baby."

Sohye chuckled and with a lot of time before the Q&A portion, Mina decided to watch some funny videos with Sohye. Within half of that schedule, it was time for the Q&A portion.

Sohye was fine with hers, even Yeunjung. Yoojung almost flipped out of the questions. Doyeon and Mina had a rough bump througout that internal journey but they finished. Excluding the five, most of them were told to revise due to fraud of copyright and learning. They have no choice but to check their apps on the next schedule. 

The fivr friends hi-fived, wtih Sohye being hugged by Mina. And after the class, they decided to go out and eat.

+++

Sohye's day would've been a little peachy but she was obliged with self-gratification throughout the day. It didn't matter with food consumption or how many things she did, the presence of friends and a certain girlfiend made her happy.

Sohye knew it was impossible for some things to happen again, or that there is a bound to that. She knew she'll face the days to come. 

Now, the fun and facing of struggles in the discourse in a decent everyday is one of that major essence, right?