Stoney the Dad

Randomness

Nayoung and Kyulkyung had a whopping timeline during the course of their relationship up until their marriage. From the time they had their honeymoon to the time they had their first daughter, the tragic ship managed to get their life up and running.

But sometimes, there were the complicated moments.

“Waaaah~~!!!”

“Stoney baby…check our Somi please?”

Nayoung nodded as she yawned. She got up and went towards the crib. There was Somi, rolling around while crying. Nayoung carried the baby and wondered what made their sweet girl cry.

“Aigoo…wet diaper...” Nayoung yawned.

Nayoung smelt Somi's bum and she almost puked. Nayoung yawned again yet she went to change Somi's diaper. Nayoung even carried her while replacing the sheets with fresher ones as she puts her back, lulling her to sleep.

Nayoung sighed in relief as Somi fell asleep again. She went back to Kyulkyung's side and cuddled to her.

+++

Sejeong and Chungha went to visit the Lim Family and brought Mina with them. Mina was already five years old and was a good talker. She was happy to see her aunts, especially Nayoung.

“Mina? What’s wrong, baby?” Sejeong asked as Mina stopped.

“Daddy, who’s that hugging Imonie Nayoung?” Mina whined.

“Ah…that’s their baby Somi, their daughter.” Sejeong answered.

“But I’m always on that spot. Why is there a baby?” Mina pouted, jealousy filling her entire self.

Nayoung was damned with Kyulkyung when Somi woke up. Nayoung grinned and hugged the baby. “Good morning, my sunshine.”

“Dada.” Somi ogled.

“She’s adorable, Nayoung.” Chungha went to hold the baby. “She has Kyulkyung's smile.”

Mina whined and Sejeong decided to comfort her. Nayoung and Kyulkyung went to hug their favorite niece and Mina stopped pouting and hugged them.
The parents were having a wonderful time of bonding. For the kids, Mina was always pouting and whining as Somi gurgled and was somehow fond towards Mina.

“Look, baby. Little Somi likes you~” Chungha cooed.

“I don’t like her.” Mina whined.

“Watch your words, Mina.” Sejeong scolded lightly. “Look at your aunties and apologize.”

“Sejeong, it’s okay. Mina's just grumpy.” Nayoung reasoned.

Kyulkyung decided to carry Somi so that they have fresh air. Mina then went to hug her Imonie Nayoung. Nayoung chuckled and hugged her niece back. Mina was giggling but then, seeing Kyulkyung made her fidgety.

“Aigoo…my baby is getting jealous.” Chungha went to comfort Mina too. “Just like her paternal mother.”

“Aw, come on, Chungha baby. I’m not that jealous.” Sejeong grinned.

“Please. You were triggered when Chungha went with Shin to the shopping mall.” Nayoung added.

“And you were even flipping out when Chungha was going to her alumni night. You were ranting about the what-ifs.” Kyulkyung joined in.

Chungha raised an eyebrow towards Sejeong and the Ahjusshi smiled and did a peace sign. Nayoung sighed and Mina kept on hugging her.

“Imonie~” Mina snuggled towards Nayoung.

“Aigoo…someone missed me.” Nayoung mumbled.

“Well, ever since the time you took care of Mina while we were away, you haven’t visited.” Sejeong said as she patted her daughter’s head. “And then you got married to Kyulkyung and had a daughter.”

Kyulkyung watched as Somi reached towards her Daddy. Kyulkyung got closer and Nayoung got to pat her baby's head lightly.

“Imonie~ what about me?” Mina pouted.

Sejeong grabbed Mina and patted her head. Nayoung got her baby in her arms and little Somi smiled at Mina.

“See, sweetie? Somi likes you~” Chungha grinned.

Mina was still a little jealous with the presence of the new baby but she tried approaching. Somi held Mina's hand and the fruit juice kid smiled. The parent adored the moment with the children, even Stone Nayoung was teary.

“You look like a dorky Buddha.” Sejeong commented.

“You’re ruining my moment.” Nayoung hissed as she held Somi again.

“Nayoungie just loves our little girl just as much as she loves me.” Kyulkyung spoke.

Nayoung felt Somi snuggle onto her and the Stone Buddha cried like an idiot, making the rest of parents laugh and adore their friend who had become a parent.

For Nayoung, it was the best thing that happened to her.

+++

It was another day and Nayoung woke up so early to make breakfast. With eggs, milk, and bread by their cupboard, she decided to make French toast. But first, she went to check on Somi. Nayoung squealed as her baby cuddled her stuffed frog.

“Morning, my little trooper.” Nayoung mumbled as she kissed her forehead.

Nayoung then got back to cook. And because she was a particular parent, she would check on Somi from time to time. She looked at her and Somi was in deep sleep.

“Woah, almost like a dead person.” Nayoung spoke.

Bile rises up from her system due to anxiety yet she got back to cook. She rants on her head that Somi is just asleep and not dead. But worry took over too much that she rushed to Somi and carried her, nudging her until she moved.

Somi wailed and Nayoung was relieved that she was alive. But then, Kyulkyung was up and she spoke. “Is something burning?”

“The French toast!” Nayoung exclaimed and Somi wailed again.

“Go and take care of it. I’ll take care of our baby.” Kyulkyung said.

Nayoung hissed and went to do her work. She sighs of her predicament as a parent but she has her reasons. At the end of the day, she'll do it for her family.

+++

Nayoung was having fun with baby Somi and she carried her. Somi giggled and Nayoung and her got to the couch.

“Dada.” Somi grinned.

“Aigoo…my baby's a bit heavy now. How about Dada reads you a story?”

Somi sat by the center of her Daddy's long legs as Nayoung got her favorite book. “It’s Daddy's favorite book. It’s entitled The Golem and the Chinese Dragon.”

Nayoung began to read and Somi listened. Nayoung was enjoying herself as she read and looking at her attentive baby Somi. Nayoung got to the of the story and she was stunned.

“How is this my favorite book?” Nayoung gasped.

“Omo-you read to our baby our favorite book? I want to listen, Stoney baby~” Kyulkyung was done with the laundry and got some space next to Nayoung, all while she puts Somi in between them.

“But I can’t continue.” Nayoung hissed. “I just realized that this is a Rated M book.”

“What's wrong about the Golem having with the Chinese Dragon-“

“Aish.” Nayoung shushes her wife. “Not in front of the baby.”

“What? It’s our favorite.” Kyulkyung smirked and kisses Nayoung's cheek. “And besides, Somi will learn about the birds and bees quickly and she’ll be aware in advance.”

“Not happening.” Nayoung mumbled.

Somi got feisty and got the book and continued to read. Nayoung stops her and snuggles the baby close to her chest. Somi whined a little as Kyulkyung sighed and read the book herself. Nayoung got to look at Somi and the baby was about to cry.

“Dada. Book.” Somi sniffled.

“Shh…it’s okay. We’ll get you a better book to read. Mama and I will read it to you everyday.” Nayoung assured her.

“Dada~~ Mama~~” Somi gurgled.

Nayoung didn’t get it until Somi wailed loud. Nayoung was shocked when Kyulkyung sighed and retrieved the baby. Somi stopped crying and led onto her thumb.

“Jieqiong, how do you even do that?” Nayoung asked.

“The power of maternity.” Kyulkyung said and Somi giggled just looking at her. “You see, baby…don’t be frantic too much. Our Somi will be fine, okay?”

Nayoung got the point. Kyulkyung was the carefree parent and wanted Somi to explore the world herself during her baby steps. Nayoung was the opposite, overprotective and too committed to taking care of their baby. Kyulkyung was understanding towards her husband and found her cute of that action.

Nayoung realized that Kyulkyung was right too. She hugged her mother and child, pecking Kyulkyung's forehead. “Baby, I’m sorry…I’m just worried for our Somi.”

“I know.” Kyulkyung chuckled and kissed her cheek. “What matters is that we’re parents who will take care of our baby.”

Nayoung could only chuckle and nod in agreement.

+++

Since Sejeong and Chungha visited before, Nayoung and Kyulkyung got to visit them instead. Now, they were at the Kim residence and brought Somi, who was already two years old. She can walk and talk and was as active as her Mama Kyulkyung but had a mature view like her Dada Nayoung. So much for a baby.

“Stoney, why don’t you take the kids for a walk?” Kyulkyung suggested.

“Nice idea, Kyulkyung. Will it be fine for you, Nayoung?” Sejeong asked. “I’ll help Chungha and Kyulkyung prepare lunch.”

Nayoung nodded and Mina and Somi went to hold her hand. Nayoung and the children got out and walked towards a park where the children can play.

Nayoung turned into an overprotective figure and pulled the kids back if they touch anything. Somi was feistier that Nayoung had to carry her so that she won’t get frisky.

“Mmm…Dada.” Somi whined.

“Sorry, baby. It’s for your own good.” Nayoung said.

“Imonie, can we have ice cream?” Mina pointed at an ice cream truck.

Nayoung was thankful she brought her wallet so she agreed in getting the children some treats. Nayoung ordered three cones for them: chocolate for Mina, strawberry for Somi, and vanilla for herself. Nayoung got the cones for the children and got her wallet. She had to get her cone so she puts Somi down for a bit.

“That would be three dollars.” The vendor smiled.

“Woah! Hey, Yeunjung.” Nayoung greeted. “How are you?”

“Hey, Nayoung. I’m good. Doyeon is pregnant with our first baby.” Yeunjung said. “I wish she would be feisty like those kids running away.”

Nayoung was stunned. Yeunjung even asked if one of the kids was her child. Nayoung looked back and she screamed.

“W-What?!” Yeunjung yelped.

“Where are the kids?!” Nayoung became frantic.

“Running!” Yeunjung screamed.

Nayoung was flipping out that she ended up running back. Nayoung couldn’t see the kids, making herself ed up. What if Chungha will beat her up for losing Mina? Worse case scenario, what if her beautiful ostrich will beat her stone for losing their vitamin baby?

Nayoung prayed that the babies were safe. Nayoung managed to catch up to Somi and Mina that she ended up back at the Kim residence. Chungha was at the door and hugged the children.

“Chungha…” Nayoung panted. “…I thought they were gone…”

“You almost lost them?!” Chungha got the gist. “What the , Stone Nayoung?!”

Sejeong and Kyulkyung checked and went to calm their husbands down. Nayoung could even scold Somi for being so feisty but Kyulkyung got an explanation from Chungha that she pinched Nayoung's ear.

“Okay. Explain.” Kyulkyung hissed and they all got inside for lunch.

+++

Nayoung explained what happened, even Mina defended her auntie. It turned out that when Somi was put down when Nayoung wanted to get her wallet, Somi ran off silently. Mina was worried that she caught up to Somi. Somi was agile for a two year old but she was smart as she managed to run her way back to the Kim residence, just in time for Chungha to notice them and for Nayoung to finally catch up to them.

“Wow. Somi is one hell of a genius.” Sejeong gasped.

“I’m so proud of my baby.” Kyulkyung went to peck Somi's cheek.

“I got it from Dada, Mama.” Somi grinned.

Nayoung coughed lightly and got serious towards Somi. “Still, you made me worried sick. Don’t run off again. You almost gave me a heart attack!"

“Sorry, Imonie.” Mina added.

“Dada.” Somi pouted and got closer to Nayoung. “Somi sowee.”

The parents adored the little moment. Nayoung was still serious and Somi apologized with her cuteness. Nayoung fell for it and Somi went to hug her.

“I was worried sick.” Nayoung almost cried.

“Awww~ Stoney looks adorable.” Sejeong cooed.

“Triggered.” Chungha batted as she hugged Mina.
“She’s MY Stoney, thanks.” Kyulkyung batted.

“Jieqiong, I’m sorry.” Nayoung spoke. “Will you ever forgive me?”

Kyulkyung was still silent as the Kim family cheered her to accept the apology. In the end, Sejeong had to get them to have lunch. Chungha and Mina went first, followed by the Lim family.

Just as Nayoung puts Somi on her high chair, Kyulkyung pulled her and whispered. “You owe me another baby tonight.”

Nayoung blushed hard and Sejeong laughed as Chungha nudged her. Now, marrying to Kyulkyung and having their baby Somi was a cinch. But then, parenthood and matrimony will be the hardest days of her life as Stoney the Dad.