Love Will Lead You Back

Randomness

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing
But you never said, you stay forever
So if you must go darling, I'll set you free
But I know in time, we'll be together
I won't try to stop you now from leaving
'Cause in my heart, I know

Pristin were finished with their schedule and they were relieved that they were back at their dorm, the four corners glistening with Siyeon's yell as she races with Minkyung and Yebin towards the shower. The rest were resting by their rooms, with Nayoung resting by their chair, rubbing her temples.

Nayoung sighed and slumped. But then, she felt a different pair of hands massaging her temples. Nayoung looked up to see Jieqiong.

"You shouldn't have done that." Nayoung stops her hands. "Why don't you rest with others?"

Nayoung and Jieqiong ended up sitting next to each other. Nayoung got a glimpse of the calendar and sighed. Jieqiong noticed the expression of her leader's face and joined her.

January 3, 2018

"It's been almost a year now." Nayoung said.

"Technically there's still a few weeks but you're right, Stoney." Jieqiong said. "Shall we call them?"

Nayoung nodded and Jieqiong logged in to her Kakao account and opened their group chat. Jieqiong missed the messages all of them would send and make fun of.

Nayoung managed to log in her Kakao account too and conducted a video call. A part of them wasn't expectant since they were all really busy with their respective schedules. But then...there were two who joined in.

+++

"Dodojjyu!!"

Doyeon was worried for a small bug that she went to her. "Yes, Yoodaeng?"

"Nayoung-unnir started a group call!" Yoojung said excitedly.

Doyeon joined to sit next to Yoojung and got her phone to log in. Yoojung answered and cried. Doyeon wipes her tears as she joined the group call.

"Unnie~~~" Yoojung sniffled.

StoneBuddha: Aigoo...don't cry, my small bug. Unnie misses you too.

Pinky: Yoodaeng~ Dodojjyu~

"I miss you two!" Doyeon exclaimed. "Where are the rest?"

StoneBuddha: Sejeong and Sohye are attending an award.

Pinky: I'm not sure with rest. 

"Jeez, I can't believe the others aren't online." Doyeon sighed.

"How has been your schedule, Leadernim? Kyulkyung-unnie?" Yoojung asked.

In the end, the pairs from Pledis and Fantagio had their long calls and talked about their schedules and their longing towards each other after the disbandment. Yoojung ended up crying hard and Doyeon joined her. Nayoung and Kyulkyung were sniffling on the other line.

The disbandment last year was never an easy goodbye for them as a national group. But what can they do of their temporary promotions? It was never forever but they had a bond with themselves and shared their wonderful work for their fans. The longing was there but the bond didn't stop.

Because to their hearts, they know...


One of these nights, I'll hear your voice again
You're gonna say, how much you miss me
You walked out this door but someday you'll walk back in
Darling I know, I know this will be
Sometimes it takes, sometime out on your own now
To find your way back home

It was a grand night and a grand little reunion at that. Sohye and Sejeong met up at the KBS Drama Awards. After the said awards, Sejeong and Sohye missed each other so much they begged for some time.

"Sohye-ya, visit the Gugudan dorm. Please?" Sejeong pleaded.

Sohye couldn't for she has a schedule to her broadcasting. But a text of cancellation eased her as she nodded. Sejeong and Sohye boarded on Sohye's van her father drove and went to Gugudan's dorm.

"Stoney started a group call, Sohye-ya." Sejeong said. "Even Dodaeng are online."

Sohye logged in and joined the group call. "Who wants to hear a joke?"

StoneBuddha: Sohye-ya~~

Pinky: Such timing. Just kidding. Penguin-ya~~

Dodojjyu: Sohye-ya, you're with Sejeong-unnie right?

Yoodaeng: Sohye-ya! Sejeong-unnie!!

"I miss you all!!" Sejeong joined. "How are you guys?"

StoneBuddha: Good.

Pinky: Still alive and kicking.

Dodojjyu: Crying my ouf because I miss y'all!

Yoodaeng: Where are you two at? Isn't the awards over?

"Sohye will visit the Gugudan dorm." Sejeong said.

And just in time, Sejeong and Sohye arrived at the dorm. Sejeong knocked and Hana opened. She hugged Sejeong and was shocked of the visitor.

"Hello, Hana-unnie." Sohye greeted.

"Aigoo, Sohye-ya." Hana hugged her. "Come, come. Everyone! Sejeong arrived! And she brought someone!!"

Everyone in Gugudan got down to greet Sejeong and Sohye. Mina was the last and she froze. Sejeong grinned to greet Mina and she hugged her unnie. But what reallh froze her was Sohye. 

"Hi, Mina." Sohye greeted.

Mina didn't say anything and sniffled then ran to hug Sohye. Everyone cheered and cooed as Sejeong shooed them off so that the two can have their privacy.

"Why didn't you tell me that you'll come?" Mina vroke and look at Sohye. "I could've got the place ready."

"It's okay. I came to visit." Sohye said.

"I miss you." Mina pouted.

"I miss you too." Sohye said.

"Okay, lovebirds! Let's continue with the group call. The others are waiting!!" Sejeong popped out from the other room.

"Sohye-ya, what is Sejeong-unnie saying?" Mina asked.

"The other members are online." Sohye said and held Mina's hand. "Come."

Mina and Sohye ran excitedly to the living room as Sejeong was alone talking to the other members. Mina and Sohye sat next to each other and shared Sohye's account.

"Mina's here." Sohye spoke.

"Annyonghaseyooo~~" Mina spoke.

StoneBuddha: Our cutie Mina~~

Pinky: I thought I was cute. My fellow yellow popcorn~~

Dodojjyu: Mina!

Yoodaeng: Mina!!! Mina!!!

Mina cried and Sohye wiped them off. Mina cheered and talked back. "Nayoung-unnie! Kyulkyung-unnie! Dodo! Yoo!"

"We got a lot to talk about now." Sohye chuckled.

"Okay." Sejeong cheered. "I'll start with the basics."

StoneBuddha: Hell no.

Pinky: I'm too innocent for that , unnie.

Dodojjyu: I shall cover Yoodaeng's ears.

Yoodaeng: Don't know even think about it, YaSe.

"Unnie, don't even think about sharing your frustrations. Gugudan and I have enough." Mina shared. "And I won't let my Sohye hear it too."

"Hm... I'm curious." Sohye spoke innocently.

"My student really supports me." Sejeong cheered. "But I want to share when all of us are here."

"How can you be certain, unnie?" Mina asked.

"Chaeyeon is attending another award and she's done. I'm sure Somi is chilling with her family. Chungha is finished with her practices, Yeunjung too."

StoneBuddha: Sejeong knows Chungha's schedule. I'm SHOOKT

Pinky: #LoveWins

Dodojjyu: Woah.

Yoodaeng: (・o・)

On this night, most of them heard each other's voices again. They said the usual stuff of longing and wonderful times as a group. They walked out of their door last year but came back in with this call. 

Sometimes there were busy days and schedules but to them, they'll always find their way and keep in touch. 


Love will lead you back, someday I just know that
Love will lead you back to my arms, where you belong
I'm sure, sure as stars are shining
One day you will find me again, it won't be long
One of these days our love will lead you back

Yeunjung was sighing as she ended that part of the song. She decided to stop for the night and sat by the couch. She got her phone and got a notification from the IOI group chat. Yeunjung excitedly pressed and found out of the group call. 

"Nayoung-unnie!!" She saw Nayoung's nickname as she joined in. "What's up y'all!!"

StoneBuddha: My baby bear~~

Pinky: I thought I was your baby, Nayoungie. Omo! Yeunjungie

Dodojjyu: Baby Bear!!

Yoodaeng: More like last placer bear. Joke! Haha, Yeunjungie~

Penguin: Hi, Yeunjung!

YaSe: Yeunjung-ah!

Penguin: Hey, Yeunjung-ah. It's Mina.

"YEOROBUN!" Yeunjung yell. "I miss you all so much! And Mina, log into your account!"

StoneBuddha: Ahh...I miss your loud voice, Yeunjung-ah.

Pinky: My ears bled but hearing your voice made me miss you, Yeunjung-ah.

Dodojjyu: Hyperactive AF

Yoodaeng: Tru

Penguin: (゜-゜)

YaSe: Don't be rude, Dodaeng. I miss you, Yeunjung-ah, especially our singing sessions.

Tangerine: Here. I'm logged into my account. Happy?

Yeunjung cheered. But then, she was more excited when more members joined in.

VitaSom: What's up, es?

Strawberry: Language.

Alcohol: Where's the mic in here?

YaSe: Chungha baby!!!

"Yay! We're complete!!" Yeunjung cried. "OT11, Amen."

Penguin: I can't believe this! Yay!

Tangerine: I'm crying again.

Yoodaeng: The Fantagio building will be flooded with tears.

Dodojjyu: The ? Why am I...huhuhu, we must meet!

StoneBuddha: Language. But our Doyeon has a point. We must meet.

Pinky: I got dibs on meeting to eat this weekend.

And with the vacant schedules on the weekend, everyone agreed. Yeunjung chuckled and joined with her members of talking about almost anything throughout the night.

That was the thing for the eleven members. IOI will always be IOI and they will always be remembered and loved by fans. 

The time won't be long. One of these days, the fans' love and the members' love will always bring them back...