365 Elders: Scientific Heist

Randomness

Five elders. Six children. Three hundred and sixty five days. One goal for righteousness. It was the whole concept in the changes of one secret organization. It was out with the old and in with the new as five teachers lined up, with the doctor checking the time after she had gotten twisted with her recent patient.

"Where are they?" She asked. "Jieqiong, I thought I gave you a heads up on them."

"I did," said the artist. "They had gotten lazy again."

"Hmmm..." The thief spoke as she heard rustling. "Right on cue."

Six women emerged from all corners of the hideout, with one clumsily waltzing in, breaking junk like a rampant. They lined up as Jieqiong tapped her watch. "You are all a minute late."

"We apologize, Master Jieqiong." Sohye, the leader of the six, bowed down. "I had overtime with my schedule for a leading role in an upcoming series."

"You mean that one with the love story?" Chaeyeon asked.

"You ing billionaire. You're not helping." Nayoung hissed. "Anyways, you six are late and if you did have your excuses, inform us ahead of time. Understand?"

"Ne!" The six answered.

"Luckily, you got here. We got a situation." Nayoung something as something was displayed on screen.

The scene was horrifying. There was their head, Seobi, strapped in a post all bloody and jacked up together with a doctor/scientist. Another person was seen and was saying stuff for ransom. As the video was over, Yoojung looked away.

"Take a good long look, Yoojung." Chungha said. "That's what happens to the best of people if there are bad elements wanting to steal something from them."

"The world we live in is not ours and the enemy has its share. So we must live carefully and as the second generation of the 365 Elders, it's your duty to stop that oppression." Sejeong added.

"Masters, what would be our tasks?" Mina asked.

"That video was sent to us by the enemy for ransom. Our head has been kidnapped together with Dr. Kim of the Biology Department. These two are the controls and sources of what our organization is and our enemies took them from us." Nayoung explained.

"Master Nayoung, Master Chungha said something of what the enemy wanted to steal. Why Seobi-nim and Dr. Kim?" Yeunjung asked.

"They are two important founders of our organization are part of the Department of Science and Technology and have conducted a future project on antimatter, wanting to harness it as an energy source for mankind. But the enemy wanted it for themselves and only the two know how to harness the antimatter, so they kidnapped them." Chaeyeon explained.

"How long has this been going on, Masters?" Somi asked.

"For quite sometime," said Sejeong. "Just like you, we are distressed and we felt weak for not rescuing our head and our doctor sooner. Seobi-nim said that if ever she gets captured, we should not fret and rush ourselves to conduct a rescue operation."

"But why? We could've done something." Doyeon spoke.

"Seobi-nim doesn't want us to. She doesn't want our lives at risk. As her servels, we must obey her," said Chaeyeon.

"But we can't just let them die! We can't let Seobi-nim die!" Mina was crying.

Sohye comforts her. The Masters saw the distress in Mina's eyes as they felt the same way without showing any emotions. Feelings are always out of the question in times like these but the Elder has a point. They can't just let the both of them die.

"That is why we called you here." Nayoung addressed. "We'll get our head and doctor back."

+++

The Elders were miles far from the setting, avoiding any suspicions from the enemy. For the time being, they camped inside a cave. Mina was cooking some stew as Yeunjung served herself a bowl.

"Hm. Tastes like ." Yeunjung commented.

"That's because I haven't added seasoning yet, you idiot." Mina said as she sprinkled some on the pot and a pinch on Yeunjung's bowl of stew. "I'm a ing star chef. I know my skills."

"Mina." Yoojung voiced out as she scraped her weapon. "Why did you go all sensitive towards Seobi-nim?"

"It was odd, like you two are a thing." Somi added.

"Heol...I'm concerned." Mina batted. "Seobi-nim means a lot to me. She's like a mother to the Masters and to us. And has also been a special friend to me." She puts a hand on her chest. "I love her..."

"We all do." Doyeon said.

"Even Dr. Kim." Sohye mumbled. "I had gone crazy after Master Sejeong rescued me. Despite of being in the Biology Department, she was a doctor, a scientist, and a psychaitrist. She helped me fight off my anxiety. I was drawn to her and she helped me and molded me of what I am now. It would pain me if anything happened to her."

"None of us want to lose them. That is why we must do anything to bring them back." Yeunjung finished. "After eating, you all need to sleep. I'll be on graveyard duty."

"Ne." Everyone nodded.

+++

It was daylight and everyone was awake, with Yeunjung knocked out from her shift. Sohye made the notion that Yoojung will stay with Yeunjung as the remaining four start the mission. Sohye checked the time and got herself ready as she spoke through an earpiece.

"Master Sejeong, this is Sohye. Do you copy?"

"Loud and clear, So." Sejeong was heard on the other line. "There are cameras within the corners of the walls. Doyeon is going to the security room. Doyeon will give the go signal when the cameras are down."

"Mina, you and Somi will help Sohye with the search. Doyeon will know the location once she knocks out the watchdog." Nayoung spoke on the line as well. 

"Ne." Mina and Somi spoke. "I just hope Doyeon can knock some off." Sohye said.

"Doyeon has improved with her Taekwondo skills. She'll be fine." Somi added.

+++

Doyeon squeezed her way inside the security room and thought that it was almost easy. There was only one person watching the cameras. Doyeon got her tranquilizer and stepped forward carefully. She aimed it by the neck and kicked the out of the person. She drags him away from the seat and took over.

"Welcome to the world of God Kim Doyeon." She addressed. "It won't be necessary to turn off the cameras. I got the system all to myself."

"Don't act reckless, Doyeon." Nayoung warned her. "Extract the controls for the cameras and settle it somewhere secluded. That's an order."

Doyeon sighed and obeyed. She got her devices and did the extraction. Afterwards, she got to the ventilation room. It was boiling hot but Doyeon resisted and got access to the cameras.

"Yosh." Doyeon cheered. "The laboratory is at the basement. Go through the finance room. There is a door by the left."

"Are there any guards?" Mina asked.

"Yep. A lot." Doyeon said. "Somi's there. She can just kick ."

"Very funny, Dodo." Somi sighed. "Call Yeunjung and Yoojung. We can't defeat these people just with three sets of manpower."

"Noted." Doyeon nodded.

+++

Sohye, Mina, and Somi followed Doyeon's instructions and ran, facing guards along the way. Sohye shot them, Somi used her Taekwondo skills, and Mina grabbed any security cards to get access towards the various doors. The guards by the secret door were tough and it was almost impossible to defeat them. But thanks to Doyeon's call, Yeunjung and Yoojung caught up. Yoojung stabbed them as Yeunjung delivered her sickening punches. Mina got the security card and the door turned out to be an elevator to the basement. All of them got in and got into position.

"The guards by the other side have weapons. Get yourselves ready." Doyeon spoke.

They nodded and as the door opened, they charged and did their attack. Yeunjung stayed to hold them off as the rest went ahead. They got to a large room with a glass case inside, almost like a room wherein you'd gaze at experiments. The four agents crept and got to witness their head getting jacked up.

"Seobi-nim-"

"Sh!" Somi shuts Mina up.

Seobi was quiet and didn't muster anything that could jeopardize such secrets. Her ego was getting the best of her as she was hit again and again.

"Hmmm..." The leader spoke and looked at the direction where the agents were hiding. "What if I were to tell you that your beloved girls came to get you?" He aimed a gun at Somi.

The events went too quickly for the agents as Somi got hit on the shoulder. The Elders gasped and had lost their cool on the mission. Doyeon got to Somi as the rest of them aimed their weapons at the leader.

"I knew it!" He cackled.

"Ouch." Somi hissed as her shoulder bled. "It's just a scratch. I'm okay."

Doyeon shuts her up and covered her wound as another guard came with Yeunjung. The agents were gathered in one spot as they remained their stand.

"What are you all doing here?!" Dr. Kim exclaimed.

"Nayoung got disobedient, huh?" Seobi asked. "Ah...you've been hitting my face too much, you imbecile of a kidnapper. Face it. I'll never work with the antimatter that could harm mankind!"

More guards came and surrounded the Elders. Sohye motioned everyone to drop their weapons and they raised their hands up. The leader cackled and aimed his gun at Seobi's head. "Your walls and Elders have fallen and had surrendered. Now, it's about time you and Dr. Kim do the same. Now tell me how to harness the antimatter."

"What are you even doing? You don't have the antimatter in your hands," said Dr. Kim.

"I've had enough of your ignorances!" He hits Seobi's face with the hilt. "Tell me this instant!!"

"Never..." Seobi hissed.

The leader grabbed an Elder and got a gun on her head.

"No!!" Sohye forced herself out when the guards stop her.

"You wouldn't?!!" Seobi growled.

"S-Seobi-ya..." Mina mumbled as she was scared of the cold weapon by her head.

"Seobi-nim..." Dr. Kim spoke. "...tell him."

*snap*

A guard went down and many followed. A kick lands itself on the leader's face as the Elders were free and fought the remaining guards.

"Master Sejeong! Master Chungha!" The Elders reacted.

"The reception was lost. We guessed that you've been in trouble so we had to get here." Chungha said.

Sejeong untied Dr. Kim and Seobi, stopping to hug their head. "Seobi-nim!"

"We need to get out of here." Seobi said. "Carry Somi."

Sejeong obeyed and got the maknae on her back. Mina and Sohye helped Dr. Kim and Seobi out as everyone ran to escape. They got out and ran towards a van, with Jieqiong and Chaeyeon waiting. They got Somi at the back with Nayoung mending her wounds.

*bang*

"..." Seobi huffed as blood surrounded her chest.

Sohye got mad and grabbed a shotgun, shooting the person responsible for shooting their head. Chaeyeon even hopped off with suitcases and threw them inside the building. Jieqiong drove as Chaeyeon ran and caught up to her seat, pressing a button as an impact waved behind them.

The building was in ashes, everyone was safe...except one...

"Seobi-nim!" Nayoung nudged their head. "Seobi-nim, can you hear me?!!"

Seobi was motionless. Nayoung cussed at Jieqiong to drive them quickly to the hospital. The Masters and Elders were worried sick as Somi was fine with her wound, all mended. She got to the back seat with the others as Dr. Kim and Nayoung did their all to keep Seobi alive so that she can get healed at the hospital.

One Elder chose to stay by her side and nudged Seobi. "Seobi-nim...*sniff*...Seobi-ya...no..."

Nayoung decided to do surgery inside the car. Despite of the little source of light and the bumpy ride, Nayoung was too eager to do her best to get the bullet off. Dr. Kim helped as she called the hospital to get the ER, some nurses, and the equipment ready. Mina got Seobi's head by her knees as she held her face.

"We're here." Chaeyeon said.

Seobi was carried away that Sohye had to stop Mina from flipping out. They got out and ran together with the skidding bed that had their head fighting for her life. They got to the ER as Nayoung and Dr. Kim were the only ones who can get inside.

It was a distress for everyone. They may have suceeded in their main point but it paid the price of Seobi's fight for life and Somi's major injury. Of the Elders, Mina was the most worried.

"Penguin...Seobi-ya can't die!" Mina cried. "Not her...please not her..."

"I know." Sohye comforts her. "We never want that too."

+++

"Somi, stopped trying to detach your bandage. It will not clot properly."

"Sorry..." Somi said. "...it's just that it's a bit itchy."

The topic had to be ceased as Nayoung got out from the ER, finishing the surgery. Mina was the first to approach her Master. "Master, how is she?"

"The good news, she's alright. The bad news, there's a 50/50 chance she'll wake up." Nayoung was distressed. "With the abuse and the bullet hitting close to her heart, she's still in a critical condition."

"Can we see her, Master?" Yeunjung asked. Dr. Kim got out and greeted them, getting a hug from Sohye. "You may see her now."

"I'll catch up." Sohye mumbled.

Mina got in first and wept seeing their head all motionless. The others gathered around their head and wept softly. Sohye managed to catch up and kneeled by the bed. "Seobi-nim, I'm so sorry for my incompetent leadership...now you're at risk because of us."

"I take responsibility of this whole operation, Seobi-nim." Nayoung sniffled. "We should've just obeyed."

"But we couldn't obey, Seobi-nim. There will be no 365 Elders without you." Sejeong added.

Mina sat by Seobi's side and spoke something. "Seobi-ya...it hurts, right? It hurts a lot, right?"

Mina was an Elder in which Seobi grew fond of. Despite of that, Seobi never implemented favoritism within the organization, especially on serious matters. Masters and Elders loved their head for she had been their savior against oppression and a big influence to them. She also took care of them and trained them to be pillars of peace 365. And seeing her in a state so crucial, it pained them.

For Mina, Seobi was never expressive but she loved her actions. And she always knew Seobi had a tender spot for her and vice-versa. Seobi risking herself and spit the secret for the Elders, especially to Mina was an example. And seeing Seobi on her state pained Mina. She didn't want to lose her.

"Seobi-nim, please wake up. We wait for the future missions and we wait for you to teach us more of your skills. Master Sejeong is right. There is no 365 Elders without you..." Mina leaned closer by her ear. "...and I'd be nothing without you, Seobi-ya....so please...wake up, my love..."

Mina's words made Seobi tear up as her fingers moved. Nayoung told Sohye to call Dr. Kim and she obeyed. The other Masters calmed the Elders and they had to make way for Seobi to heal. Nayoung and Dr. Kim helped with the procedures and not long after, Seobi was awake.

"Stop crying. It won't suit you." Seobi spoke.

"Seobi-nim!" They all cheered for the wake of their head.

"Savage as always, Seobi-nim." Dr. Kim said.

"Is the antimatter okay?" Seobi asked.

"Yep. The team and I are going to try harnessing it later. Now stop with the formalities and talk personally with your 1st and 2nd generations of Elders." Dr. Kim spoke.

Seobi nodded and her Elders lined up according to age. They had their heads lowered, especially the leaders Nayoung and Sohye.

"I would've scolded you all for your recklessness and disobedience, especially you, Nayoung...but you did save us and saved a trade secret. And for that, I'm proud."

The Elders bowed and got their hugs from their head. Mina was the last as she mumbled. "I want to be at peace with Seobi-nim."

Everyone cooed and chanted and got out. Mina changed and hummed cutely, hugging her head. "Mmm...Seobi-ya..."

"My love, huh?" Seobi asked. "You know it's risky for a head and an Elder to have a relationship, you know."

"Please. You led the 1st generation at age 20, younger than Nayoung-unnie. And I was still 18 at that time." Mina mumbled as she still hugged Seobi. "We only have a 2-year gap."

"But still..." Seobi sighed and hugged back. "...it's risky."

"They all know so there's no need to hide. Even they know Sohye is in love with Dr. Kim." Mina said. "And I'm in love with you."

Seobi coughed lightly and Mina pecked her cheek. "I won't be able to see this sweet side of you nor will I be able to hug you all the time. I'm cherishing this moment."

Seobi sighed and pecked Mina's forehead. "I'm just glad that everyone is safe, that you are safe."

Mina giggled and hugged Seobi again. "I love you."

"I love you too." Seobi replied.

+++

Eleven girls were gathered at the veranda after facing their personal walks in life. A familiar beep was heard and Nayoung opened her phone and put it on speaker. "Hello."

Masters and Elders, there's an emergency. Report to 365 HQ ASAP.

The eleven girls ran off the veranda all the while they talked.

"Seobi-nim had gone strict. She had to make the Masters come back into action." Sejeong said. "Mina, can't you request your love to reconsider us?"

"No way. She decided it. I'm out of the topic." Mina said. "No feelings during serious matters, remember?"

"Now that's professional approach." Chungha said.

"Amen." Chaeyeon added.

"Enough talk. We should go." Nayoung added.

"Duh. We're running." Jieqiong spoke.

The members got to their van and hopped in, with Nayoung driving them to HQ. Their mission would never be over because they are always on the run to help 365.