Photograph

Randomness

Kim Doyeon never thought that falling at first impression can get to her, especially when she fell head over heels of the buffy school girl with the short hair, the nerdy glasses, the manly-like stature, and the cutest face that anyone could ogle for.

“I never thought of it too.” Sejeong said as she sat next to her. "Yoo Yeunjung does look good despite of the presumed testosterone depicted on her build.”

“She’s a woman, Sejeong. Don’t say like that.” Doyeon hissed.

“It’s albeit true.” Sohye joined them, eating her precious penguin-shaped biscuits.

Doyeon got some from the pack as her eyes still rooted onto the other table where the masculine girl sat. She was typing something on her laptop and was wearing earphones. Doyeon scurried her hand in her bag to get her polaroid camera and took a picture of the girl. Doyeon could almost drop the device because Yeunjung gazed at her.

Oh, how Doyeon loved her brown eyes glistening beyond the glasses she wore.

“She’s looking at you, dimwit.” Sohye nudged her.

Doyeon hastily hid her camera and she felt her heart pound when Yeunjung came closer. Doyeon gulped as she couldn’t help her eyes scan Yeunjung from head to toe, as if she’s making an attempt to strip her.

Goddamnit, mind and heart!

“Excuse me?” Yeunjung waved a hand in front of her face.

“Huh?” Doyeon was dumbfounded.

“Did you take a picture of me?” Yeunjung asked.

“Uhhh…yeah?” Doyeon spoke nonchalantly.

Doyeon gulped. Looking at Yeunjung’s built arms, she could slap the pole of a body she has from a mile. But instead of expecting a threat, Yeunjung smiled. Seeing it up close made Doyeon’s heart grow wings and making Sejeong and Sohye coo at her slyly.

“Just verifying. Thank you for your honesty, Doyeon.” Yeunjung said.

Doyeon could rub her ears. Did she hear Yeunjung correctly? “You know me?” Doyeon asked.

“Yeah. You’re the said cheer captain. I’ve heard a lot about you. I would’ve presumed you know since the school knows you.” Yeunjung said.

“Ohh…yeah…” Doyeon giggled, nodding slightly.

“Ask for her number, Doyeon.” Sohye said out of the blue.

Doyeon hissed, almost slapping Sohye’s pack of biscuits away from her little hands but she couldn’t do that in front of her crush. She didn’t want to leave a bad impression and all.

“Is that true, Doyeon?” Yeunjung asked and Doyeon could lower her head and nod instantly.

Yeunjung smiled and got her phone. She opened her personal contacts, ravaging onto her own number and sharing it to Doyeon. Doyeon was quick to get her phone, type the number, and take Yeunjung's photo for the profile picture. Yeunjung did the same thing and gave a smile Doyeon could ogle on forever.

“Thanks, Doyeon. See you.” Yeunjung waved and got to her spot again.

Doyeon waved like a deranged woman in a fainted moment and giggled like a madman, feeling victorious.

“Credits.” Sohye raised her arm.

“Shut it, Penguin.” Doyeon hissed then went on fangirl mode and she went off and skipped, happy to get her crush’s number.

“Heol…Doyeon’s whipped of falling for her crush.” Sejeong laughed.

“You could say that again,” said Sohye.

+++

“Yeunjung~” The girl looked and did a heart gesture to the woman.

The woman laughed and did a heart gesture to her too. They shared a friendly hug and sat by the bench.

“What’s up, Mina?” Yeunjung asked. “How’s the photoshoot?”

“Good. My cheeks look puffy as always.” Mina commented and Yeunjung laughed lightly.

“I didn’t expect you to join on pageants, Mina.” Yeunjung said. “Is it really okay? What would your girlfriend think? By the way, I saw her with Sejeong and Doyeon.”

“The cute motherer Kim Sohye cannot debate about it. Besides, we talked about it.” Mina said.

“Kang Mina~~” A penguin’s voice howled and the two girls turned around.

Mina sighed and bid goodbye to see Sohye. Yeunjung sighed as she was alone by the bench. She looked around and she saw Doyeon just by the other side. Yeunjung would’ve presumed Doyeon saw her with Mina. Yeunjung pointed at Doyeon, motioning to come and sit with her and Doyeon hastily went towards Yeunjung. They sat next to each other, leaving a gap.

“Have you been sitting there?” Yeunjung asked.

“Yeah.” Doyeon answered. “You think I look like I’m your stalker.”

“I could say that but I don’t mind.” Yeunjung said.

Doyeon could feel her heart pound. She glanced at Yeunjung who looked so sullen. She even wondered of her charm beyond her glasses. Doyeon could admire Yeunjung forever. She looked so peaceful.

*tack*

“My phone…” Doyeon reacted.

Doyeon reached for it and gulped when she saw and felt a hand beyond hers. The hand picks her phone up, scraping the dust off of the cover and giving it back to Doyeon. Doyeon gulped of the proximity.

“Here.” Yeunjung smiled.

Doyeon blushed and retrieved her phone. “S-Sorry…”

“It’s alright. But be careful next time, Doyeon.” Yeunjung said.

The bell rung and Yeunjung had to go for another class. “See you, Doyeon.”

“See you, Yeunjung...”

Doyeon blushed again and bid ado. Yeunjung went off to her class and Doyeon was still sitting on the bench, looking at the hand that Yeunjung almost held. She closes it slowly and puts it on her chest.

She gulped. She was falling for Yeunjung even more.

+++

Sohye and Doyeon were eating snacks as Doyeon looked around the place. Sohye sighs. “You’re looking for Yeunjung again?”

“Yeah…” Doyeon said, her eyes peering almost everywhere.

“I think I know someone who knows where Yeunjung is.” Sohye said.

She looked around for someone and she found her, wearing a lab gown. “Yah, Choi Yoojung!”

“What is it, Kim Sohye?” She said back, going closer to the girl. “What’s your business?”

“Any dibs on where Yeunjung is?” Sohye asked.

“Hmmm…where could our baby bear Yeunjung be??” Yoojung wondered.

“Did you just call her ‘baby bear’?” Doyeon was somehow triggered.

“Of course. All of Yeunjung’s closest friends call her that. She’s like our gigantic baby bear that we need to take care of.” Yoojung said.

“That’s because this said pole likes her.” Sohye said.

“YAH!” Doyeon reacted, blushing hard.

“Ohohoho~~” Yoojung reacted, clapping lightly. “Well, during the vacant period, she’s at the music room.”

Sohye and Doyeon thanked Yoojung as she left. Doyeon huffed and decided to go there, stopping by a vending machine to get Yeunjung something to drink. Doyeon giggled and skipped her way towards the music room. She would’ve waltz in but she heard a melody from a piano. Doyeon gulped and went in slowly, gasping that it was Yeunjung playing that wonderful melody.

It was Dua Lipa’s Homesick, one of Doyeon’s favorite songs. Doyeon loved the melody within the four walls of the music room. And Doyeon could cry because Yeunjung played it so well. She could also see Yeunjung’s raw emotions as she played, as if she was immersed in that wonderful melody. Yeunjung finished playing and then she heard applause.

She opened her eyes and she squinted. She didn’t wear any glasses. She wondered of the person as she then put her glasses on. “Doyeon?”

“Uhhh…hi, Yeunjung.” Doyeon greeted. “That was really wonderful…”

“You heard?” Yeunjung asked and Doyeon nodded. “Thanks.” Yeunjung smiled.

Doyeon motioned to sit next to Yeunjung as she gave the drink to her. Yeunjung grinned and accepted the drink.

“Thank you again, Doyeon. You actually got me my favorite.” Yeunjung said.

“You like isotonic drinks too? That’s actually my favorite flavour.” Doyeon said.

“Wow…” Yeunjung spoke as she drank some. “…this tastes great.”

“What are you doing here playing?” Doyeon asked.

“It calms my nerves.” Yeunjung said and Doyeon understood. “What are you doing here, Doyeon?”

“I came to see you…” Doyeon spoke honestly.

Her heartbeats were ringing inside her head. Doyeon thought she was an idiot for doing such a daring move. But then, she looked up seeing Yeunjung smile, making Doyeon fall for her all over again.

“Now that you’ve seen me…” Yeunjung moves closer. “…do you want to eat with me?”

Doyeon was shocked of what she was hearing but she felt like winning the lottery many times in a row. She nods excitedly and she and Yeunjung got out of the music room together.

+++

“The pole has died.” Sejeong sighed.

“May she rest in peace.” Sohye said, spraying water and causing Doyeon to dodge it.

“Don’t tease me!” Doyeon said then squealed. “OMG-like it was the best moment of my life!!”

“So how was Yeunjung?” Sejeong asked.

Doyeon calms herself down but she was acting all dreamy as Doyeon flooded her mind. “She’s so nice, so cute, so gorgeous~~” Doyeon showed a stuffed giraffe. “She even gave me this. The restaurant where we ate had a claw machine with stuffed animals and she won it for me~”

“Omo-how to be you, Kim Doyeon…” Sohye spoke.

Doyeon shrugged it off and she peered around the campus again. She looked down at an extra drink just for Yeunjung and looking back again. She pouted.

“A beautiful woman like you doesn’t deserve that worried look.”

“Yeunjung-ssi~” Sejeong greeted and Sohye bowed at her.

“Yeunjung~” Doyeon was happy to see her that she made Yeunjung sit next to her.

“What were you doing looking around?” Yeunjung asked.

“I was looking for you to give you this drink.” Doyeon spoke honestly, giving a bottle.

Yeunjung gladly accepted it and said. “Doyeon, shall we eat together at lunch?”

“She says yes, Yeunjung-ssi.” Sohye grinned.

“Mhmmm…she’s been waiting for it.” Sejeong added.

Doyeon laughed but she nudged the two hard. Yeunjung couldn’t help but find Doyeon cute. Sohye and Sejeong would be having their classes at the moment so they went ahead, leaving Doyeon with Yeunjung.

“So…” Doyeon wondered what to say.

“Yes?” Yeunjung was eager to listen.

Doyeon didn't say anything more and pulled Yeunjung to go with her.

+++

*click*

Yeunjung blinked a lot as Doyeon took pictures of her. Doyeon grinned as she looked at it and as she lets Yeunjung look at it too.

"You got wonderful skills, Doyeon." Yeunjung commented.

"Really?" Doyeon asked and Yeunjung nodded. "I was into it since I was a kid."

Yeunjung nodded and Doyeon takes another photo. Yeunjung chuckled and held Doyeon's hand. Doyeon gulped as she puts her camera down and stopped to look at Yeunjung.

"You always take pictures for memory but you can reliven it in your head, Doyeon." Yeunjung said. "Like this moment."

"Yeunjung..." Doyeon was blushing.

"Doyeon..." Yeunjung spoke. "...I like you."

Doyeon clarified. "What?"

Yeunjung chuckled of Doyeon's cuteness. It was then that Yeunjung pulled Doyeon slowly as she spoke again. "I like you, Kim Doyeon."

Doyeon now knows it was no joke. She was almost inches closer to Yeunjung as she mumbled. "I like you too."

And then a spark ignited between them through a kiss.

+++

"Wow." Sejeong reacted.

"So..." Sohye joined in. "...you two are official?"

"Yes!" Doyeon squealed.

*click*

Doyeon stopped to look and there was Yeunjung. Doyeon gleamed and went to hug her. Yeunjung hugged back as she greeted the two.

"Aigoo...new set of lovebirds." Mina spoke as she motioned a penguin to come over.

Sohye grinned at Sejeong as she went to Mina. Yeunjung and Doyeon adored them just as much as they adored themselves.

"Heol...too sentimental for me." Sejeong spoke as she went off.

Yeunjung and Doyeon chuckled with Mina and Sohye as Sejeong followed a hamster-like damsel like a stalker. The couples decided to fo on a double date.

"What was that photograph?" Doyeon asked.

"Oh..." Yeunjung showed her the picture. "...a reminder of the photographer I love dearly."

Doyeon giggled as she loved Yeunjung too.