Chapter 9

The Nation's Power Couple
Siwon and Eunhyuk helped Y/N as they carried a drunk Donghae to bed. "Thanks, boys." She said to the men "What did you and Dara talk about if you do not mind me asking?" Siwon questioned "Also if you are at the bar why drink water? Did you do that on purpose to get her drunk?" Eunhyuk asked "I won't give you guys too many details on our conversation but the beef between us is squashed. No more love triangle." They smiled and Eunhyuk said, "A huge weight is lifted off everyone's shoulder." "Baby~" Donghae whined and they all chuckled. "Goodnight Y/N. Goodnight Donghae," they said and left. Y/N walked over to her boyfriend and moved the strands of hair that was covering his eyes "You need a haircut." She said to him "Sit baby~" She sat down and he laid his head on her lap. "What did you and Dara talk about?" "We just talked about you and how we are going to be civil with each other." "That's good." She ran her fingers through his hair and asked: "How much do you love me?" "I love you more than anyone in the world." He answered, "You're drunk." She said trying to lift his head off her lap but he refused to let her leave. "I'm serious Y/N. I dated girls here and there but with you it's different."
 
"Why did you asked me to be yours? Did my age not bother you at all? I'm no longer the cute and bubbly girl I was. I became cold and serious." He smiled and said "I fell in love with your passion. I always respected you as a person and an artist Y/N. You put 100% in the work that you do. I remember watching back when we were trainees when the teachers would tell you to do something and if you didn't believe that was the right path for you, you would put up a fight. You were not even 13 yet! How impressed did you think I was seeing a small girl fight back? You, unfortunately, endured those few years as the bubblegum pop princess until the company realized that you were not comfortable and let you express the way you wanted to be seen and the way you felt." "My passion is what made you want me?" "You didn't let me fnish~" He whined "Sorry." She apologized "I'm a big fan of you and as you grew older and became a woman I got to learn that there was more to you than the Ice Princess. You are an intelligent woman who speaks openly about any issues you believed needed to be spoken about. You are an angel always donating the money you earned from your album sales to charities. You are a dog lover because I saw you so cute around dogs." "My age didn't concern you at all?" She questioned "It did but then I was so sure I fell in love with you I went for it. But you rejected me." He pouted and she squeezed his cheeks causing it to pucker. She leaned down to give him a peck and said "Sorry~" She released her grip on his cheeks and he smiled "It's okay because I knew you wanted me." She scoffed and rolled her eyes "Yeah sure okay." "You were just playing hard to get~" He
 
"How drunk are you?" She asked "Not really drunk. I just like teasing you." She slapped his thigh and he laughed. "Anyway, I begged everyone in charge to let us do that duet dance together. I didn't want you to dance with Eunhyuk. The days we spent together practicing was short since you got the hang of the dance so I would lie to you so that the two of us would practice longer." "Hae!" "You enjoyed it. I got birds who told me about your little crush which was why I was shocked when you rejected me!" He pouted and said, "Kiss me." "Not until you finish your story!" "When you said no I was determined to make you mine. You only had that cold and serious wall up to protect yourself but you are really are a sweet girl. You know baby we should collaborate again. It's been years." "Hae, can you move? I want to wash up. It is 1 in the morning." She pointed out "I'm almost done with my story." "Continue then." "I did everything from listening to the member's advice to searching things up online but none of those made you crack until I finally found your weakness!" "It's not my weakness. I can vouch that it is everyone's weakness." "It's not mine since my only weakness is you." "Ew cheesy." "You love it." "I do." "Food was the way. So I asked you out to dinner which you rejected which is why I brought you Ryeowook's food." "Wait you told me you made it." "Whoops would you look at that its time for me to go to bed. I am also drunk so I have no idea what I'm saying." She held a tight grip on his hair to prevent him from leaving. "Woah baby ." "Hae!"
 
Y/N washed up and came out of the bathroom to see her boyfriend's sleeping. She got onto her side of the bed and wrapped herself around him. He was the little spoon while she was the big spoon. "I love you." She whispered into his ear before falling asleep. "I love you too."
 
[NEXT DAY]
 
Y/N woke up before Donghae since she had to do some interviews throughout the day. "Babe, I'm leaving now but I made breakfast." She said to her boyfriend "Don't go~" He whined, "No kisses you have morning breath." She teased "Baby..." He gave her puppy eyes "Not going to work with your crusty eyes." He laughed and went to go wash his face. "I'll be home after dinner so no need to wait for me." She said and kissed him goodbye. "You missed a spot." He said pointing at his lips. She kissed him and he wrapped his arms around her waist. He smiled into the kiss as she fell into his trap. "Yah yah yah! I know what you are doing." She pulled herself away. "I'll see you later baby! Also, stop by the market to pick up ice cream and have a nice day!" "This woman crazy eating ice cream in November." He said to himself before washing up.
 
"So Y/N you and Donghae will be entering your 8th year into the relationship?" The interviewer asked the soloist. "That is a weird way to state it but you are correct." "Any updates on marriage and children?" "Maybe Donghae and I are already married and we have three kids." She teased the journalist and winked at the camera. "I hope the two of you stay together forever!" "Thank you. I really do love Donghae and as much as it may annoy people he is the only person who has ever made me feel this way so as cheesy as this may sound he is my one and only." "This is so sweet since it's rare we get to see this side of you." "I don't talk much about my relationship because I am a private person and what goes on in our relationship is between us. But I am not afraid to showcase my love and support to him." She looked into the camera and made a heart with her arms. "I love you Lee Donghae!"