Chapter 16

The Nation's Power Couple

Y/N was at the supermarket with her mother. She was showing Y/N what to avoid eating during her pregnancy. “No soft cheese for you Y/N dear.” Her mother said as they passed by the cheese section. "No sushi! No fish because they have mercury in them." Her mother said “Goodbye sushi." Y/N said sadly and they continued walking throughout the market. “Oh my! It’s the Nation’s Treasure! May we please take a photo with you?” Y/N smiled at the polite fans. “Ma'am could you take the photo for us?” They asked her mother who delightfully agreed. “Of course!” She took the cellphone from the fan and held it landscape mode. “I’ll take it hamburger way and hot dog way.” She informed them who giggled. Y/N wrapped her arms the fans’ shoulders and they squealed in delight. “1..2..3 cheese!” They all smiled “Perfect! Let’s do a funny one now.” “Mom~” Y/N whined “Come on Y/N ah! Have some fun!” The usual chic idol rolled her eyes but went with the funny concept. “Thank you!” The fans said and Y/N smiled at them. “Now Y/N you can’t have any raw meat, eggs, fish. You know the drill.” Her mother said and Y/N nodded her head. “So what can I have for dinner mom?” “Uh…” She looked around the market “These!” She lifted up sweet potatoes in each hands. “Pinterest help me out.” Y/N said to no one in particular. "Y/N eat some fiber so you can avoid constipation!" Her mother yelled from the other side of the store causing Y/N to groan.

“Donghae, where is Y/N?” The CEO asked as Donghae stepped into his office. “She is out with her mother today.” “What is your reasoning for visiting me here today?” He had a smirk on his face. He already knew why Donghae came to his office. “I heard you were thinking about kicking Y/N out of the company.” “Your bad mouthed girlfriend came in her to try to tell me off. I have done nothing but give that woman support. She would not be the Nation’s Treasure if it wasn’t for me and this company.” “That is where you are wrong sir. Lee Soo Man was the one who asked Y/N to give the company a second chance. She was on the verge of leaving due to her not liking the concepts this company has pushed her to pursue-” He cut Donghae off “But she got to change her style did she not?” “You need to let me finish.” “Alright continue.” “A 12 year old girl who was threatened to be kicked out actually tried to leave. You guys all thought she wouldn’t do it but she did. Soo Man reached out for her and she reconsidered.” “You are a smart man Donghae. You do know that your precious girlfriend brings in a lot of money to this company and she is a valuable artist. I would never kick her out.” "But she can try to get out her contract which makes SM have a bad reputation than they already have for mistreating their artists. Imagine what the public would think if you mistreated a pregnant woman." Donghae had the upper hand here. "You know I can always terminate your contract." "True but I know where Y/N's loyalty lies. If I'm gone she is gone too." "Damn it. Tomorrow I want Y/N in here with her manager. We need to discuss about her career." He smiled and thanked the CEO.

"Baby!" Donghae entered their home with a smile on his face. "Someone is excited." Y/N said as she turned the tv off. "Guess what?" "You bought me a dog!" She answered and he frowned "Did you want one?" "Yeah." "No. I didn't buy you one. But I talked to the CEO about your career and I managed to get him to allow you to put your hiatus on hold! You and Manager Kim will need to go to his office in the morning so you guys can discuss more about this." "Oh thank you Hae!" She hugged her boyfriend "Could you ask him to do the Parents unit?" He whispered into her ear. "No!" She said pulling away from his embrace. He laughed and she sat back down on the couch. "We have an appointment to know about our baby's gender soon. Are you sure you want to know the baby's gender?" She asked "Yes because I do not want to stress and think of a name for our son or daughter right on the spot." He answered "Have you been thinking about some names?" She asked him "Honestly no. You?" "Same. Everyone is giving me suggestion but none of them just speaks to me. I wish we could like watch our baby grow a little until we figured out their personality and see what names fit them best." "Honestly Y/N I do not understand what goes on in your mind." He gave her a little flick on the forehead. "Ouch!" "How was groceries shopping with your mother?" He asked "Kiss first." She said pointing to her forehead where he flicked her. He listened and kissed her down to her lips. "Hey! I'm about to tell you my market adventures." He laughed and said "I'm listening tell me all about it."


[NEXT DAY]

“I will allow you to continue singing but because of your pregnant belly I will not allow you to dance to any hardcore moves like you are used to." The CEO said "How long is she allowed to be in the spotlight?" Manager Kim asked "I was going to ask Y/N that since it seems like whatever I do or suggest is wrong." The CEO looked at her and she nodded her head agreeing to his statement. "I would like to make music until I am close to having my baby!" "Uh Y/N as your manager and one of your closest friend. I would not suggest that. My wife tried that and said she would rather a week before her due date to relax." "Okay so let me just do that instead. My mother told me its best that I keep moving around instead of stay home and watch television." Y/N said "I do not know if you will receive a lot of work opportunity working up until a week before your due date." The CEO said "I'm Y/N L/N. Everyone is interested." "Confident aren't you?" He asked her and she nodded her head. "I can not guarantee that you will get much work. If you decide to change your mind about how long you are working and promoting than feel free to not hesitate and inform me. I know it may seem like I am against you and Donghae having a baby. But I do want you to deliver a healthy child." "Thank you, that's like the one nice thing you have said to me in a long time."

"Would you like to do a duet with Donghae?" The A&R team member asked Y/N who nodded her head. "We have some songs in mind. We can schedule a meeting with the two of you and discuss which songs you guys can sing." They said "Thank you!" She exited the room and smiled at her manager who had a smile on his face as well. "Someone is excited." "Hae and I might be doing a duet." "That's so cute. You guys been together and haven't at all collaborated." "I know. This has been on hold for too long." "Is he still suggesting the parent unit?" Manager Kim asked her "Yes. I wanted to keep it simple like Donghae and Y/N but he thought it was too boring." "Donghae sure likes to go the extra mile." Manager Kim joked "You think?" The two laughed and Y/N asked "Can we get some ice cream before you take me home?"

"Your dreams are coming true." Y/N said as she entered the house to see the Super Junior members. "My dreams?" Shindong asked "You wish." Y/N said "Hey babe. How did the meeting go?" Donghae asked "Great. We might be releasing a song together." She informed her boyfriend who was obviously excited. "Finally! You guys have been together for too long yet never used your sweet voices together." Siwon said "Donghae's dream of the Parents Unit is coming true." Yesung said "Oh goodness no. I would never want to work with him if he insisted we do the Parents Unit." Y/N said and he pouted. "What about calling yourself the Nation's Power couple?" Leeteuk asked "The Nation calls them that already." Shindong pointed out "Are you releasing an album or single?" Eunhyuk asked "We are meeting with the A&R team tomorrow. I'm happy with either. I told the CEO I am going to work until the week before my due date." Everyone was shocked "Is that even legal Y/N?" Heechul asked "My mother suggested it best to keep moving during pregnancy. That is what I want to do." "You could have taken up yoga or something." Yesung mumbled under his breath. "Wanna say it louder?" Y/N asked "Are you sure you can handle working that long?" Her boyfriend asked in a concerned tone. "No but he told me I can always tell him if I changed my mind and what I'm comfortable with. Also Yesung, yoga is not a bad idea. I will take that suggestion into consideration." "We could do it together!" Heechul said "By the way stop buying baby clothes. We do not even know if the baby is a boy or girl." "Please be a girl." Eunhyuk said "Did you buy girl clothes too?" Donghae asked "Yes."

"I;m so nervous!" Y/N said and everyone looked at the pregnant woman. "My mother said giving birth is one of the most painful things in the world besides beeing burnt alive." "Good to know Y/N." Yesung said and she rolled her eyes. "Just know that after the painful experience you will have a baeautiful child." Leeteuk reminded her in an optimistic tone, "Yeah yeah yeah. I know." Donghae laughed and gave his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, I'll be here with you every step of the way! Fighting!"