Chapter 23

The Nation's Power Couple
“Heechul thank you for all the adorable baby clothes!” Y/N said as she looked through all the little onesies he had bought for the baby. “I’m going to spoil the hell out of your baby!” He said excitedly and Y/N rolled her eyes. “No spoiling.” “Knock knock,” Shindong said as he came into the nursery room with bags of gifts. “More gifts!” Y/N cheered. The baby isn’t even born yet you guys are treating her like it’s her birthday.” Donghae jokes as he helped Shindong. “Since you didn’t have a baby shower and the baby is coming in soon we decided to buy her everything!” Yesung said as he held the children books in his hands. “You guys we are really thankful and do appreciate it. But don’t you think this is a bit too much?” Y/N looked at her boyfriend and nodded her head in agreement.
 
“They are just trying to win you over so that they can be the godfather,” Eunhyuk said as he also entered the room but empty-handed. “If that was true what did you get them? I see nothing in your dry calloused hands.” Heechul said and Y/N laughed. “If this is a competition to try and win us over. I would like some food.” The four men dashed out the door leaving the couple.
 
“I can’t believe they actually fell for that.” He was amused by s’ eagerness to be their daughter's godfather. “It’s free food for us Hae!” Y/N pointed out. He looked over at his girlfriend. “What?” “You are beautiful.” “I am a swollen sweaty potato.” She deadpanned and he laughed. “I’m serious Y/N. I’m ecstatic to be a father!” “She is ready to pop.” She said as she rubbed her belly. “Have you been thinking of names still?” He asked her “Yes. Have you?” “Of course I have! I just can’t wait to see our daughter and for THE name to pop up in my head.” She smiled seeing how excited her boyfriend was over the thought of their child. “I love you.” “I love you too.” “Are you guys going to kiss or what? Should I leave the room?” They turned to the door and saw Leeteuk. “Way to ruin the moment.” Y/N mumbled, “I brought Chinese food!” He said
 
 
[FINALLY]
 
“Honey wave to the camera!” Y/N’s mother said to her as Donghae pushed her into the delivery room. “Not now mom!” She whined and her parents laughed. Her mother turned the camera to her husband. “Do you have anything you want to say to your granddaughter?” Y/N groaned and Donghae leaned down place a gentle kiss on her cheek. “Soon we will be parents.”
 
“Miss. L/N, can you push any harder? You are almost there.” “Do you think I am not trying hard enough?!” Y/N snapped at the doctor who didn’t take it to heart understanding the woman didn’t mean to lash out at him. “DONGHAE!” Y/N squeezed onto his hand tighter and he winced in pain. “You are doing a great job, honey.” “Your daughter is almost there."
 
“I can hear her screaming. Our granddaughter must be a big baby!” Y/N’s mother said to Donghae’s mother. “Hopefully my son is taking good care of her while she is pushing a whole baby out.”
 
“I can’t believe you did this to me!” Donghae used a napkin to wipe Y/N sweat away. “Almost there!” The doctor said, “You said that like five times already!” Donghae moved the hair away from her face. “Our daughter needs to see how gorgeous her mother is.” “DON'T sweet talk me now!” The two heard crying. “Here she is!”
 
“Ready to cut the umbilical cord Donghae?” The doctor asked as she helped guide him on what to do. “Let’s do it.”
 
“She is so precious.” Y/N said as the doctor handed her the baby allowing the skin to skin contact. She looked up at her boyfriend. “Hae are you crying?” “I’m sorry you two are just so beautiful.” She smiled and looked down at their baby. “Hello, angel.” “I can’t believe I’m a father. We did it Y/N.”
 
“Look at our little girl,” Donghae said as he helped Y/N sit up. Their daughter was sleeping peacefully. “She is just like me. She enjoys her precious sleep.” He gave her a kiss on the cheek and she turned to face him. He was staring into her eyes. She blushed and asked “What?”
 
“I don’t know how many times I have told you this but I love you Y/N. I love you so much. I am thankful that you have stayed by my side despite how much I have put you through. I admit I am a man who had made so many reckless mistakes. But it takes a strong woman like you to forgive such a man. I truly don’t deserve you and I will do everything and anything I can to prove to you and to our daughter that I will be the best man in both of your lives.”
 
Y/N smiled and caressed his cheek. “Hae, I love you too. We are humans and we all make mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance. I’m positive that you will be an amazing father. You have already proven to me that you are a fantastic man.”
 
“I’m sorry to interrupt but we would like to see our granddaughter.” Y/N’s mother said and glanced over at the new addition to the family. “She is so cute!” She walked over with her husband and Donghae’s mom following
 
[NEXT DAY]
 
“Look at the angel!” Siwon cooed and Taeyeon made cute faces to the baby. Y/N and Donghae’s friends have come to visit their daughter. “She totally looks like Y/N unnie!” Yeri said “No way! She has the face of the East Sea!” Donghae said, “Nah I see unnie more.” Joy said and Y/N groaned as she tried to sit up. “Hey, dummy! There is a function where we can bring you up!” Heechul scolded her as he handed Donghae the buttons that raised the bed up bringing it to the position. “You better pray she has my face and your personality babe.” Y/N joked as she stared over lovingly at their baby.
 
“There are paparazzi outside. What should I tell them?” Manager Kim asked the new mother. “Fu-” Donghae covered “Tell them we would like our privacy.” He nodded his head and left the room. “So now that the princess is born what are you two gonna do? Make a bigger family. Quit as idols?” Y/N’s father asked
 
“I’m going to take a pause on my career.” Y/N answered and everyone was shocked. “You were so excited to get right back to work though. If this is about our ty CEO I can fix that!” Sunny said and Suho added “We can all say something to him. He will listen to us if we outnumber him.” but Y/N shook her head.
 
“I’m over it. I just want to focus on being a great mother.” They all looked over at Donghae. “I know what I want to do. I definitely want to take some time off to take care of Y/N and our newest addition. But I will continue my career as an artist.” “Are you quitting?” Yoona asked Y/N “No no I said I’m taking a pause. Think of it as a long hiatus.”