Chapter 21

The Nation's Power Couple
Super Junior has been on tour and Y/N decided to stay with her parents until her boyfriend returned home. The two aren’t on the best terms considering after Dara publicly called them out Donghae and the CEO decided it was best to remain silent until everything has passed. Y/N knew that waiting it out would be the better option but all she wanted was someone to defend her.
 
“Hey, baby” Donghae greeted Y/N with a wave. The two were FaceTiming. He was in his shared hotel room with Eunhyuk in Japan. “Hey Y/N!” Eunhyuk cheerfully greeted the woman. “Hi, Hyukie.” “I’ll leave you two alone.” He said leaving the hotel room. “So how are you?” “I’m fine. I went with my mom for a checkup. Our daughter is now four pounds.” “She is getting big! But I want to know how are you doing. How is my lovely girlfriend Y/N L/N doing?” She gave him a small smile and said: “I wish I was better.” “What’s wrong love?” “It has been months since she called us out Hae. People are still talking about it. I can’t even go down to the store without someone bombarding me with questions. It’s really annoying not being able to say anything.” He frowned and said, “Baby it will pass over.” “I know but as of right now it’s still a hot topic. Enough about me. How are you?” “I’m doing amazing. Japan is my second home. I can get us some cute stuff for the baby.” “That’s great Hae.” He noticed the sad tone in her voice and sighed. “What’s wrong?” She pouted and answered, “I miss you.” “I miss you too babe.” “I also miss my job.” “You still have a job. You are just on a hiatus.” “I was really excited to finally collaborate with you. Only to be shut down.” “Y/N once we have our daughter we can do this.” “I wish you were here with me. I know I sound selfish and I apologize for that. But I would rather be in your arms right now.” “Y/N when I was home with you, we were at each other’s throats. I think us being away will be beneficial for both of us. You are stress-free while I am working making money for our family.” “You make it sound like I have the easy job. You think I have it easy? I’m stressed out 24/7! No one here is defending me! I have this image of a homewrecker!” “Y/N please calm down. The stress isn’t good for the baby.” “I’ll talk to you later Hae.” “Y/N don’t hang up.” But she did.
 
“She is 32 weeks pregnant now. Her hormones are all over the place, yes, but that doesn’t mean what she has been saying to you is not how she really feeling. Think about it Donghae. Your girlfriend is unable to do what she loves in life because of our ty CEO, she has this whole scandal going on while in the midst of being pregnant, and you aren’t there for her. You are my best friend but this fight between you and Y/N is really stupid.” Eunhyuk said to Donghae. “So what should I do?” “What do you think you should do? She misses you, she wants to work, she wants this whole scandal over. What do you think you should do?”
 
[MOTHER’S DAY]
 
Y/N was out shopping with her mother when she was stopped by paparazzi. “Y/N can you comment on your scandal?” “Y/N when is the baby due?” “Y/N did you and Donghae break up?” “Y/N what are you going to name the child?” She ignored them and pulled out her phone. “Hey, can you pick up my mom and me? We are at the mall and there is a bunch of paparazzi here.” She hung up and her mother grabbed her daughter’s hand leading her into a store where the securities tried their best to get rid of the paparazzi. “Have a seat please Miss. L/N.” The manager of the store said and she listened. “I did not want this day to end up with a bunch of flash photography in my face. " Y/N’s mom said. “Sorry, mom.” “Don't apologize sweetie. It is not your fault. I’m gonna look around.” Y/N watched as her mother went over to the rack of expensive handbags. She sighed and called Donghae but his phone was off. “Miss. L/N I saw your manager Mr. Kim out in front. Would you like me to lead you guys out back and you and your mother can meet up with him?” The manager asked her “That would be great! Thank you!” She turned to her mom “Let’s go!” They ran to where her manager was waiting. “Happy Mother’s Day to you both!” Mr. Kim said and the two ladies smiled. “There is a surprise for you at your home Y/N.” “What is it?” “Now if I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise now will it?” “No, but-“ He cut her off by saying “My lips are seal.”
 
“Bye, mommy! I’ll see you later. Love you.” Y/N waved to her mother. “Your father and I are gonna go out for dinner tomorrow so don’t rush over to our house if your surprise is gone wrong.” They laughed and Mr. Kim drove Y/N to her house. “How are you gonna celebrate with your wife?” Y/N asked “She is out with her mother having brunch. When she returns I’m taking her and the kids to see a movie and then dinner.” “I wonder what my daughter is gonna do for me once she is older.” “Excited? You are almost due.” “I am ready for her to come out I’ll tell you that.” He laughed and said, “You can start working then.” “I don’t know what I will do once she is born. Will I still have a passion for singing?” “Whatever you choose to do. I will support you.” “Thanks.”
 
They arrived at her place. “Thanks for the ride.” “Anytime Y/N. You know you are like family to me.” She waved and watched as he drove away. “I wonder what the surprise is.” She walked up the steps and took out her keys. As she opened the door she cautiously looked around hoping nothing would jump out and scare her. She walked down the hall and there was nothing in the kitchen. Nothing in the living room. Nothing in the baby room. “Must be in the bedroom.” She said to herself and walked to her room. She opened the door and gasped. There was a bouquet of peonies at her vanity. She walked over to the flowers and saw a card.
 
“Happy Mother’s Day to the love of my life Y/N L/N. Words cannot express how much I love and admire you. The fact that you are the mother of my child is everything to me. It’s like a dream to me. I know you are an intelligent and kindhearted woman, the perfect example for our daughter to look up too. Despite everything and everyone that has tried to break our relationship, we still push pass all those obstacles and hardship and focus on us. I love you so much and our daughter is lucky to have an amazing mother like you. Just like how lucky I am to be able to call you mine.”
 
Y/N had tears streaming down her face as she read the card Donghae has written for her. “I thought you would be happy.” She turned around and smiled as she saw her boyfriend. “Hae.” She ran up and wrapped her arms around his neck. He laughed holding her in his arms. “Careful baby.” “I am happy.” She started peppering his face with kisses. He smiled and placed her down gently. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. “Two months away from you and you look even more beautiful. You are glowing.” “Your tour isn’t even over. Why are you here?” “I told them I wanted to take a couple days off to celebrate Mother’s Day with my baby mama.” “Hae!” She punched his arm and he laughed “Kidding. I told them I wanted to spend time with my lovely girlfriend."