Chapter 20

The Nation's Power Couple

Y/N was miserable. The pregnant artist sat alone in her bedroom waiting for her boyfriend to come home. The CEO canceled her collaboration with Donghae and ordered her to stay home until the baby is born or until the scandal has died out. It has been a month since Dara exposed the couple so Y/N might have to stay hidden until her daughter is born. It was unfair how she had to hide but Donghae was able to roam around and do his job. He was the one who cheated but Y/N felt as if she was the one being punished. Her phone rang and it was Donghae. "Hello?" "Hey baby, don't wait up for me. I have to stay behind at the company." "Okay." "I love you." "Love you too." The line went dead and she tossed her phone over her shoulder. "I know you can hear me, angel. Mommy is very upset and can't do anything about it." She placed her hand on her belly. She is 23 weeks pregnant and can feel her daughter kicking. "I want you to know that the tears that I am about to shed are not tears of weakness...I just really want a good cry."

Donghae came home and saw Y/N still up. "Baby, it's almost two in the morning what are you doing up?" He asked her "I don't know." "Y/N, have you been crying?" He cradled her face in his hands and saw how puffy her eyes were and the tear-stained cheeks. "I'm just tired. I yawned a couple of times." She lied "If that was the case why didn't you go to sleep?" He played along with her lie because eventually, she was going, to tell the truth. "I don't want to sleep beside I can always catch up on it since I am just home by myself all day every day." He sighed and said, "Y/N, you know I tried hard to fight with the CEO." "I do not want you to fight with him. I just want you home with me." "I need to make money for our growing family since you can't work anymore." "And whose fault was that?" "I'm tired Y/N, I do not want to argue with you. Can we just talk about this when we are both well rested? You are probably not thinking straight." He went to the bathroom to wash up. "I know what I'm saying! You just don't want to talk about it!" She shouted and he ignored her.

[MORNING]

"I have to go to work. Don't stay up late like last night." "Whatever." She stretched the blanket over her head and turned her body away from him. "Y/N, I promise you that this will all be over soon." "Just go." He walked out the house and Y/N cried again. "Are you okay?" Eunhyuk asked as he saw his friend looking stressed. He slammed the car door shut and s winced as the loud sound. I'm fine. Let's just go." His manager listened and drove off. "Did you and Y/N fight?" Yesung asked, "I told you I'm fine." Donghae said and everyone knew not to question him further. "Alright then," Leeteuk said.

"I came as soon as possible," Krystal said as Y/N opened the door for her. "Thanks sorry for bothering you." "Nonsense! You are one of my best friends whatever you need I am here for you girl!" Y/N smiled and the two sat on the couch. "May I?" Krystal asked gesturing to touch her belly. "Go crazy." The two chuckled. "Have you thought of any names for her?" Krystal asked as she placed her hand on Y/N's belly. "Nope." "I felt a kick!" Krystal said excitedly "She likes to do karate kicks in there." Y/N joked. "How are you and Donghae?" She asked the woman who frowned. "He doesn't understand how I'm feeling." "Well you know him, you have to explain to him what is going on." "He is barely here. I just wished Dara kept shut and this whole scandal would just be done with." Krystal gave her friend a sad smile. "Unfortunately Y/N we both know how the media is. You and Donghae are the power couple and you are pregnant. this story is big and even bigger due to the fact you and Donghae haven't responded to her accusations." "Krystal, everything that she has said is not accusations. They are true." She corrected her. "Are you serious?" Krystal's eyes were wide and her jaw was opened. "Close your mouth you are going to catch flies." "You are going to need to explain from your side if you are comfortable of course." "I'm comfortable with telling you."

Krystal listened intensely as Y/N explained everything from the beginning. "You and Dara made up that night yet why did you go behind your guys back and expose what you all agreed to never speak about again?" Krystal asked "That's the thing. I don't understand why she did all that. I thought we were cool." "I'm pissed off at Donghae now. How dare he do that to you?!" "Don't be mad at him. It has already been done. What would you gain from all that anger?" "Nothing." "See." "How are you so calm?" Krystal asked surprised at how mellow her friend is. "I wasn't calm at first I'll tell you that. I was livid. I was furious and heartbroken. He betrayed me but I had to hear him out and I did. I almost left him but I knew I would regret it and that I was only angry and not thinking straight." Y/N answered and Krystal gave her a comforting squeeze on her hand. Y/N didn't realize she was gripping onto her hand. "Seriously, if you ever need anything. I am here for you." "Thank you."

[MEANWHILE]

"Dara, why are you deciding to speak up now about the issues you have with Donghae and Y/N. You do know that they are having a baby right?" The host asked her and she nodded her head. "I am aware that he got her pregnant but it was because she wouldn't leave him when she found out that he cheated on her." The audience gasped "So he did it with the intention for her not to leave him?" "That is correct and I could have exposed the two of them before but I decided to play nice. It wasn't until I realized how I could have been the one in Y/N's place. I could have been his woman. I could have been the pregnant one. I could have been the one he decided to spend the rest of his life with. But nope the Nation's Treasure just had to show up and seduce him. I hope that the two would speak up and own up to their mistakes instead of staying quiet and hoping this would all go away because it won't. The truth needs to be out there." She turned to face the camera and smiled. "Y/N, if you are watching this, it's your turn to speak up honey."