Chapter 15

The Nation's Power Couple
“Y/N dear, are you and Donghae going to throw a baby shower?” Donghae’s mother asked. She was in Seoul to visit the couple and see Y/N’s belly in person for the first time. “No, but we are going to throw a 100 days celebration.” Y/N said and Donghae took a seat beside his girlfriend. He placed his hand on her little baby bump. “Y/N and I both agree we don’t want her to be running around with a big pregnant belly.” “Yeah, I rather have the baby and be able to relax. Our child will be in the arms of our friends and families while I can eat.” “That’s a great idea. If you guys do need help with anything whether it is about how to change a diaper or how to put a baby to sleep. Don’t hesitate to call me. I am one call away.” His mother said and the couple thanked her. “How many weeks are you?” She asked Y/N. “I am 16 weeks.” She answered, “Our next appointment  is to see if our peanut is a girl or boy.” Donghae informed the woman. “Girl please!” Her mother said, “Mom, we are satisfied with either.” Y/N said and she smiled. “I raised two sons. I really would like a granddaughter.” Donghae chimed in “If our first child is a boy. We will keep trying until we get a girl for you mom.” Y/N gave her boyfriend a look. His mother laughed and said, “Son, don’t stress Y/N out.”
 
“When are you going on hiatus?” Donghae asked his girlfriend. “The CEO placed me on lockdown now.” She joked “Why? You can still record songs?” He questioned “He did not like our decision to get married after the baby is born. I want to walk down in a nice wedding dress and dance freely without having to worry about the baby.” She placed her hands on her belly “Peanut, you will be part of our wedding. You can see mommy and daddy tie the knot.” Donghae smiled and said, “I can talk to him and persuade him to let you work.” Y/N shook her head “I don’t want you to get in trouble. Besides, you and your members should focus on yourselves and not me!” He laughed and said, “But you are their sister in law!” She pointed at all the gifts the Super Junior members have sent them. “Our peanut isn’t even born and they already bought clothes.” “I will have to tell Heechul to stop with that.” Donghae said “I’m going to be honest with you Hae. What if I’m a lousy mom?” He wrapped him around her. “The Y/N L/N a lousy mom? Nonsense. You practically raised yourself and you turned out amazing. This is our first child so we won’t be perfect parents but we will be the best for our child.” She smiled and said, “I needed that.” “We won’t be alone too. We have all of our friends and our parents to help us out.” He gave her a peck on the forehead. “Don’t stress my love. Anything you need I will provide.”
 
[NEXT DAY]
 
Donghae gave his sleeping girlfriend a peck on the cheek. “I’ll be home late so don’t wait up on me.” He said to her “Alright. Have a good day Hae. I love you.” “I love you too.” She went back on her side and he placed another blanket on her. “Thank you, babe.” “You’re welcome.” He walked out his home to be greeted by his manager. “Good morning. You have a busy day ahead. Everyone wants to know about the Nation’s Power couple.” “I wish I could do these interviews and shows with Y/N. We never did anything together. I think it would be fun to promote with her.” “Well, you are going have to wait until after you guys have the baby since she is on lockdown.” His manager said, “I just hope she doesn’t get kicked out the company.” Donghae ran his fingers through his hair. “I know Y/N isn’t afraid to speak her mind that the CEO can just terminate her contract.” “Y/N is a strong and talented woman. He is making money off of her. He would never in a million years get rid of Y/N like that.” His manager pointed out.
 
“You came to speak to me?" The CEO asked Y/N who was standing confidently in front of him. "Yes, I would like to discuss my career." "There is nothing to talk about. You are a mother to be and no one wants to see a pregnant woman on stage. It's unattractive." "I make music for the ears." "But your face and body are what makes the money Y/N." She gave him a look "You do know I can still work right?" "I know but I don't want you to. You already caused so much trouble to this company. First your dating scandal and now you are pregnant. At least get married first. You guys are not young anymore. You both know what protection are." "Donghae and I do love each other and we do want to start a family." "I have to bend backward for you Y/N. I don't know what else you want. You realize you are not only jeopardizing your career but also your boyfriend's." "How so?" She asked, "Your baby is the problem." "How dare you?!" Y/N picked up the stapler and threw it at him. "You take that back you piece of !" She yelled at him "Its all business Y/N. No hard feelings. You know I can terminate your contract anytime I want." "Go ahead do it." She challenged him and he laughed "But I won't since you make so much money for this company. I wouldn't want you to go running off and joining another commonly to surpass me." "How can I make you money if you are not letting me work. That doesn't make sense." "You are the Nation's Treasure for a reason. Just having you in this company bring popularity and money to this company. Now if you could please leave before I call security." "Fine."
 
"So Donghae, are you and Y/N expecting a boy or a girl?" The interviewer asked the man who only shrugged his shoulders. "We are not sure yet but our next appointment will confirm what our baby's gender is. Personally, I am happy with both. Y/N and I do plan on having more children. We love kids and would like a big family." "Have you and Y/N been talking about marriage? Everyone is curious since you guys are having kids despite being married." He made a face and answered "A lot of people are so invested in our relationship. We are a private couple and share what we want the public to know about the pregnancy. Y/N and I both decide as a couple what we want out there and what we want to keep between ourselves. As far as marriage we would like to not talk about it. Let's just focus on the fact that there is a baby coming along the way and we are both excited for him or her." "What an answer." The interviewer said with a nervous laughter. "I think it was best for you guys to hear it from me than my girlfriend. We all know how she is." "Yes, she is a firecracker indeed."
 
"Honey I'm home~" Donghae saw his girlfriend sitting at the kitchen table eating ice cream with a pout on her face. "What's wrong my love?" She took the spoon out of . "Am I really that unattractive now? My belly isn't even that big!" "Woah! Where did all this come from? Of course, you are an attractive babe!" He sat across from her and took the spoon out of her hand and held onto her hands. "Who told you that you were unattractive?" He asked, "The CEO, I tried to talk to him today about my career and he started talking about how no one wants to see a pregnant lady on stage and how I am not only jeopardizing my own career but yours as well." "That's not true honey." "He also called our child a problem so I threw a stapler at him." "He did what now?!" "I know right. He said he could terminate my contract anytime so I challenged him to do so. But he didn't. He said just me alone brings the company popularity and money." "I can go talk to him if you want." Y/N gave him a look.  "What can you say to him Hae? I'm on a hiatus and I don't want you to get into any trouble because of me." He kissed her hand and said, "I don't like seeing my baby upset." "You don't want me to be sad because sad backward is das and das not good." She said and the two chuckled. "There's my lovely girlfriend's beautiful smile." "You always know what to say to make me feel better Hae." "It's my job to keep you happy my love."